[Canceled]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interested.Since there is not a perfect sculpt for Bruce in fact.I hope this one can shock me!

Asked Digi some days ago, he said there were some delays but he wants to have it finished this week finally, actually by today.
Asked him for the current status a minute ago, will post here once I got a feedback.

Got to see the first concept in March and more advanced progress in April, was pretty far and promising already though still to rough to show imo.
I am confident he is working on it and we should see it pretty soon. This is the expression he is using as main reference:

Personally would like this expression:

It is pretty neutral yet a little more "aggressive", less model-like.

63ee8c6d643d248098c993c480a4bef2.png

Last edited:
July 2019 Update

22a08b7595654984f34415fd3cf7f320.png

Okay fellas, it took a bit longer than planned, Digi invested a lot of time in this project, pretty much final acc. to him.

We would appreciate your feedback.

Last edited:
July 2019 Update

22a08b7595654984f34415fd3cf7f320.png

Okay fellas, it took a bit longer than planned, Digi invested a lot of time in this project, pretty much final acc. to him.

We would appreciate your feedback.
I’m not invested in this, but no one has posted feedback. I just want to say, it’s a nice expressive, and technically done well, but I’m not seeing much likeness

I’m not invested in this, but no one has posted feedback. I just want to say, it’s a nice expressive, and technically done well, but I’m not seeing much likeness

Also not in this project but there's no Christian Bale there.

we see eye to eye on this.

i think the chin should slim.
and i think the eye impression is too strong.
that's have a strong impression but i think mouth is smiling.

I think maybe painted render would help to bring out the likeness a little bit? As of right now, I see no Bale at all.

Hi guys, your feedback is appreciated. Sorry for my absence. I had way too much going on , which distracted me from the Bale Wayne. He has my undivided attention now, as any likeness deserves. Yes, I think one of the main things is that I made his eye expression too intense. And he needs slimming, etc. A few minor tweaks and I think he'll come together. I will fix the sculpt. Thanks for your time. :)

August 2019 Update

2c20d92e2e0c3c7883b5d6ecc1348863.png

Okay fellas, this is the current status. Much closer to final now. Digi and I both think it still needs some tweaks but we are also curious about your opinion at this point.

Thanks!

August 2019 Update

2c20d92e2e0c3c7883b5d6ecc1348863.png

Okay fellas, this is the current status. Much closer to final now. Digi and I both think it still needs some tweaks but we are also curious about your opinion at this point.

Thanks!
Something seems off. Dont make the nose too narrow like Nut's, not that it is in these pics.

Thanks for your feedback fellas.

Especially to those who are respectful towards the artist Digi and who post constructive feedback that can actually help improve the result.

He invested a lot of time in it already, which can be seen judging from the previous to the current status.

I always wait to post my own opinion to not influence yours. Personally I consider Bale a challenging headsculpt that is hard to nail. The devil is in the details and Bale's expression has some really intersting and unique / uncommon details.

That said I share the opinion that it is not quite there yet and I think it will still take a some time.

Will talk to Digi and also ask him if he likes to post an additional front pic already.

Further feedback about the current status is still welcome.

Thanks for your feedback fellas.

Especially to those who are respectful towards the artist Digi and who post constructive feedback that can actually help improve the result.

He invested a lot of time in it already, which can be seen judging from the previous to the current status.

I always wait to post my own opinion to not influence yours. Personally I consider Bale a challenging headsculpt that is hard to nail. The devil is in the details and Bale's expression has some really intersting and unique / uncommon details.

That said I share the opinion that it is not quite there yet and I think it will still take a some time.

Will talk to Digi and also ask him if he likes to post an additional front pic already.

Further feedback about the current status is still welcome.

Is this directed at me? If so feel free to just let me know directly.

What more is there to say, though.. it looks a little like Bale but not much else. Hot Toys already has multiple fantastic Bale sculpts out there, and there have been multiple custom sculpts that look great as well. This one, IN ITS CURRENT STATE, doesn't hold a candle to those sculpts, plain and simple. In my opinion our hobby has turned far too much into one where everyone has to be happy with everything and no real criticism is allowed. And if we want to provide the "well, at least be constructive about it", bend on things, that's fine... but I don't know what else to say besides "It needs to look more like Christian Bale".

Further constructive criticism... his features are too thin and sharp.... very harsh. The cheek bones in particular are way prominent and makes it look like a stone statue of a human face. Bale's cheekbones are quite a bit softer than that. There's no texture to the skin. The lips are the most off thing in my opinion. Bale has a very distinct mouth and way he holds his lips, as evidenced by his distinct appearance in the cowl. I don't see any of that here. He has a pretty distinctive vascular structure under his right eye that's pretty well represented in most of the great sculpts of him out there. That is missing here. The scowling look to the eyebrows I don't think is doing the sculpt any favors either. He really has his eyebrows turned down and it gives an odd look to him.

Look, I'm not trying to start arguments to be an ass. I hold my own projects to the highest of standards, and if someone thinks something needs improving I want them to say so. I don't just want another thumbs up, or pat on the back, or attaboy for mediocre work. Providing criticism, or saying "it's not where it needs to be right now" is not disrespecting the artist. Saying "you suck, just quit" is disrespecting the artist, and is not helpful to anyone. I would never say anything to someone I wouldn't expect to hear about my own work if those who were investing time and money into my work felt there was room for improvement.

I can see some Bale in there, and I kind of like the style of the sculpt, it reminds of Tonymei's comic book heads.

Something seems off. Dont make the nose too narrow like Nut's, not that it is in these pics.

Thank you! I know Digi already read the recent feedback and I am sure he will pay attention to it.

Vague Bale resemblance but not much more.

Think it is more than that already, especially when compared to the previous status, but I agree that the likeness in not strong enough yet as posted in detail below.

Looking forward to the final completion.

Thank you, same here!

i think so too, no front pic?

Thanks you! Have asked Digi if he likes to post one, he answered that there will be another update today. So I hope he will post it here himself or I will post it once I get it.

I can see some Bale in there, and I kind of like the style of the sculpt, it reminds of Tonymei's comic book heads.

Thank you! That is an interesting comparison.

Is this directed at me? If so feel free to just let me know directly.

What more is there to say, though.. it looks a little like Bale but not much else. Hot Toys already has multiple fantastic Bale sculpts out there, and there have been multiple custom sculpts that look great as well. This one, IN ITS CURRENT STATE, doesn't hold a candle to those sculpts, plain and simple. In my opinion our hobby has turned far too much into one where everyone has to be happy with everything and no real criticism is allowed. And if we want to provide the "well, at least be constructive about it", bend on things, that's fine... but I don't know what else to say besides "It needs to look more like Christian Bale".

Further constructive criticism... his features are too thin and sharp.... very harsh. The cheek bones in particular are way prominent and makes it look like a stone statue of a human face. Bale's cheekbones are quite a bit softer than that. There's no texture to the skin. The lips are the most off thing in my opinion. Bale has a very distinct mouth and way he holds his lips, as evidenced by his distinct appearance in the cowl. I don't see any of that here. He has a pretty distinctive vascular structure under his right eye that's pretty well represented in most of the great sculpts of him out there. That is missing here. The scowling look to the eyebrows I don't think is doing the sculpt any favors either. He really has his eyebrows turned down and it gives an odd look to him.

Look, I'm not trying to start arguments to be an ass. I hold my own projects to the highest of standards, and if someone thinks something needs improving I want them to say so. I don't just want another thumbs up, or pat on the back, or attaboy for mediocre work. Providing criticism, or saying "it's not where it needs to be right now" is not disrespecting the artist. Saying "you suck, just quit" is disrespecting the artist, and is not helpful to anyone. I would never say anything to someone I wouldn't expect to hear about my own work if those who were investing time and money into my work felt there was room for improvement.

All good, think we are in the same boat, I would never deliver a product I am not 100% happy with, especially when it comes to accuracy. I would rather cancel a project, which I did before and it can happen to this project as well.

Hence I asked for feedback, because I absolutely share the opinion that criticism is important, both positive but even more the negative, so that improvements are possible.

But to answer your question, no it was not directed personally at you. I realize that I my wording did not make quite clear: I don't think any comment was truly disrespectful.

But of course I wanted to specially thank those who posted constructive feedback because I think there is more value in such feedback.

This is something that got to rare imo over the years in this hobby, people taking time to give thoughtful feedback, even to creations they are not personally interested in. So special BIG thanks to you for taking the time to post yours. (y)

Have given lots of own feedback to Digi over the months and you mentioned most aspects as well, which helps me to be sure it is not only my personal view.

Only info I found I need to add atm: Skin texture, scars and such details are still missing intentionally acc. to Digi as he wants to add that in the last step.

Last edited:
This is something that got to rare imo over the years in this hobby, people taking time to give thoughtful feedback, even to creations they are not personally interested in. .

Yeah we can totally agree there.

Back