dls712's - 1/6 Scale Displays - Star Wars & Others

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stunning. The brick wall technique really produced amazing results - will have to try that idea! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting for the UPS driver to drop off my 1/6 scale Back to the Future Delorean today… cracked open a beer and took a few pictures of the latest progress in the Hoth display.

I’ve been slowly getting this area sorted out. A lot more to do… but pretty happy at this point with what characters will go where. I originally thought I’d put more figures in this display, but it ended up looking too crowded pretty quickly.

Once all of the figures are done, I’ll fill in some of the empty areas with more equipment, cables, etc. Snowspeeder still needs more weathering, transom needs paint, and a bunch more stuff.

OK… on to the pictures…

Starting left to right:
Generic Hoth Soldier - currently has a Luke head sculpt - head will be switched out
Han - on Taun Taun
Gonk Droid - needs paint - will get a couple “cables” to connect to the Snowspeeder
Luke in Snowspeeder gear - talking to Han - needs gauntlets and weathering
Generic Worker - gassing up the Speeder - needs a new suit, gauntlets & weathering
R2-D2 (Hasbro) & C-3PO (Medicom)
Dak Ralter - with back facing the camera - sitting on an equipment case - needs gauntlets
Major Bren Derlin - thanks to Spudtrooper for all of the info & inspiration - still a WIP
Generic Worker - on transom - needs a better pose, gauntlets & weathering

Closer shot of Derlin - quite a bit of finishing yet to do… but he is coming together!

-

Any constructive criticism / figure suggestions are welcomed… and… if anyone has any reference photos of what they used in the Hoth Rebel base as a “gas pump”, please pass it along. I haven’t been able to find any photos of what they used. If I can’t find any, I’ll resort to putting something together from the spare parts bin that looks gas-pumpy.

Looking good dude. I would love to have the space to do something like this with my Hoth guys. If you don't mind my asking, where'd you get the floor grates? I'm looking to make a trench diorama and definitely need some for the floor of it and yours look spot on.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Spud - the grates are custom made - just strips of balsa - still need a cover coat of paint, then some snow for atmosphere. Pretty happy with them at present, but was a bit of a journey getting to that happy place.

When I originally put them together, for the long pieces, I used (7) 1/2" wide strips of wood, with (6) 3/32" gaps in-between... added up to approx. 4" wide grate.

After I had them all glued together, comparing them to my reference photos, I realized that the wood strips were too wide, and the gaps in-between were too narrow. So, I grabbed a ruler and an exacto knife and cut a sliver off both sides of each piece of wood, resulting in narrower wood strips with a larger gap in between each one.

So now each long piece is approx. 13/32" wide, and each gap is approx. 5/32" wide... gets the total width of each grate to about 3 7/8"

Length of each grate is 10".

This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen on this board!

Back