Full figure [SOLD OUT / CLOSED] Aliens - Ellen Ripley [ROPA Studio] [DAIQZ] [DOGGIEDOC]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bravomite

Freaked Out!
Premium Member
Reaction score
ROPA Studio 1/6 scale clothing run for Ellen Ripley from Aliens (1986).

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.…

1692539328227.png

Deposit Paid List:
1. Bravomite
2. Reserved
3. Reserved
4. HenrySharpo3791
5. Sarah77
6. BEASTMASTER
7. DSH
8. quinntv
9. tikeda21
10. Wested
11. Magpie9
12. Julie250
13. Star Puffs
14. Jeronimo
15. Blade016

Maximum of 15 but run will be closed on 7 November 2023 whichever is sooner

Some of you may know me from my Jurassic Park custom runs but for those that do not, I only take on runs for those characters which mean the very most to me. This ensures that each project always has my fullest attention and allows me to pour as much passion as I can into producing the best possible version of that character for our shelves. Aliens is my joint favourite movie with Jurassic Park and my gateway into this hobby with the old colonial marine figures from Hot Toys. Ellen Ripley is one of the most iconic action heroines of all time and has always been a gaping hole in my collection (I have the Hot Toys but she never graduated to the shelf). Now, partnered with some top artists, I plan to change that by producing the definitive versions of her.

I’m happy to run this project with just 10 but I am hoping this character (and this look) to be a bit more popular than that. I have been discussing the clothing with RopaStudio for a while now and actually booked the project with them on 25 June 2023 to get ahead a bit in their schedule.

I’ve spent a lot of my life watching this movie, hanging out on the various aliens forums and have seen the screen used outfit in 1:1 life – however and as always, I welcome input from others because I want this to be the best it can be.

Deposit: 50USD

Please send the deposit to PayPal: [email protected]

Don’t forget to send in USD and add 5% fee or send as gift, also mark your OSC ID on the note.

Estimated sample date: December 2023

Include: leather jacket, jumpsuit, t-shirt

- Unit Price for 10 sets : $720.00 USD
- Unit Price for 15 sets : $691.00 USD

Body: TBC

Deposits are non-refundable

I am running the clothing run but I will be working with other artists to provide all that you need to create a full figure.

A. Clothing to be provided by ROPA Studio:
(1) Unique brown leather bomber jacket with short peaked collar, pockets and pouches on front and left arm, elastic brown jersey knit cuffs and waist, leather epaulets, zipper front closure and lined in brown satin [to be made in real leather]; and
(2) dove gray cotton 1-piece jumpsuit with short collar, long sleeves, 2-slash chest pockets, cargo pouches on zippered legs, integral self belt, Velcro fastens at wrists and waist and zipper front closure; and
(3) white t-shirt

B. Head sculpt to be produced by DaiQz:
This will be provided bald and unpainted – however, I am exploring whether to offer a painted and haired option for those that want it

C. Accessories by Doggiedoc:
To include (1) wrist watch (seiko 7a28-7000) (2) pulse rifle with possible light up feature for ammo counter (3) motion tracker with possible light up feature and (4) marine wrist locator watch given to Ripley by Hicks (doesn’t mean we’re in engaged)

D. Film accurate boots:
Reebok bug stompers​

As soon as the clothing run is closed I will open deposits for the head sculpt so we can line this all up. Doggiedoc will run his orders independently as usual and will produce prototypes for the outfit fitting.

I will be running a facebook chat page in parallel with this page as I have done with my Jurassic Park projects. Please pm with your facebook details once you have paid the deposit so I can add you to the chat.

The only way to purchase the head sculpt is to join the clothing run (will not be offered separate).

In the movie the jumpsuit magically turns into a two piece when Ripley strips down for her final battle look when she hunts for Newt in the Hive so this outfit won’t work for that look as I want the jumpsuit to be as faithful to the onscreen outfit as possible. I do want that final battle look too so watch this space.

We’re on an express elevator to hell, going down!

Attachments

• 1692539109341.png
    1692539109341.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've been waiting for someone to start this, such an iconic female character. Though ideally want to pay $577.00/$625.00 tops before committing a deposit. Maybe people can express their interest in the meantime so everyone can get an idea of numbers?

I've modelled the boots, so can offer them here if no one's down to do them.

I've been waiting for someone to start this, such an iconic female character. Though ideally want to pay $577.00/$625.00 tops before committing a deposit. Maybe people can express their interest in the meantime so everyone can get an idea of numbers?

I've modelled the boots, so can offer them here if no one's down to do them.
Beastmaster, I also noticed you did a Ripley headsculpt a while back too😊

Thanks for the comments everyone.

The complexity of the flight suit and jacket being made out of real leather have resulted in the price but I can assure you that the final product will be second to none. ROPA Studio did the tailoring work on the Kjun's excellent Macready figure which is a similar type outfit (flight suit and leather jacket), I will link a picture so you can see their previous work for reference.

Ripley had two main looks during the movie, this one which she wore for most of the runtime and then the final battle look which she had for the final act when rescuing Newt and the battle with the queen in the powerloader. I will ideally do both but this is the one I have started with as it is the most challenging and unlikely to be replicated successfully by any third party (present toys or similar are doing a final battle Ripley which you can judge for yourselves). Once the tailoring is complete for this outfit the prototype could potentially be easily be modified for the final battle look by turning the flight suit into a pair of pants (the pattern already made and material selected) so that's my plan. As I mentioned in the first post, this character is too important for me to just leave up to chance so I've booked the run already and if need by I will purchase 9 outfits to make this happen (and have an army of Ripleys in my display haha) because no other tailor will meet this standard for this price (Yunsil won't do the jacket in leather and other tailors are charging this price for the jacket alone).

I will advertise on facebook as well to try and get more eyes on this project but I'd be really surprised if we can't get some half way decent numbers for such an iconic movie character. I'd also like to look into Bishop and the key marine characters (Hicks, Hudson and Vasquez) and Newt down the line as well but ideally with a following so we can share costs to get the best artists involved.

The deposit is low at 50usd so not a huge commitment. ROPA Studio has the option of paying in two phases in case people are nervous of being hit with a large cost in one go, with 50% due on completion of the prototype and the balance on completion of the run. I can organise the run so it works that way instead if people would prefer to shift the burden of costs into two instalments?

Rather than expressing interest I'd be really grateful if people would be bold and send in a deposit. Once we get up a bit of momentum with deposits paid other people will join, it always happens this way and then we will see that price come down. It took an age to get my first project going (Alan Grant) and now it's complete the amount of people who have asked to buy in is as many or more than those on the original run. For me, as with all my projects, this will be one and done.

I guess, trying the hard sell here, but ask yourself how long have you wanted a decent Ripley figure and how often have you seen a run for her come up... I know I've been waiting since I first got into the hobby many years ago.

Lastly, I've added a picture of Alan Grant from my previous run so you can see the standard of end product I am aiming for (Daiqz did the head sculpt for that run as well).

I hope you join me and I think we could have a lot of fun on this journey and all end up with a figure we can be proud of.

1692653641044.png
1692653676000.png

20230722_075922.jpg
20230722_075940.jpg

Last edited:
Ok deposit sent, please confirm. Yeah ROPA are the best choice for this. Their work on the Macready jacket was stunning! Would also be great to get some accurate good quality BDU's for Hicks and Vasquez in future.

Ok deposit sent, please confirm. Yeah ROPA are the best choice for this. Their work on the Macready jacket was stunning! Would also be great to get some accurate good quality BDU's for Hicks and Vasquez in future.
Thanks Beastmaster. Yes I plan to get some accurate BDUs made in the future. There was a run many years ago but whilst the print was accurate the tailoring is not up to the standard we are used to today.

Very Interested!

Just thought I'd ask whether the Jumpsuit/Flightsuit could be made as a 2-piece (as seen in the movie) for more posing options?
Or if not a 2-piece, then perhaps adding a stand-alone trouser/pants option to the run?

1692871283450.png

Last edited:
I'd definitely be on board for a 2-piece flight suit or just the pants and T shirt as an option. I'm inclined to agree with Cellar Toys, for me the Newt Rescue outfit (with just pants and T-shirt) is the most memorable and iconic look from the film.

Two-piece definitely makes sense for both looks without having to make another set. The top would be tucked into the pants. I'm still not sure if the splitting of the flight suit was a last minute change in the movie as it does seem like a one piece flight suit before this scene.

Also it's tricky to find a suitable body. The TTM22 with maybe a one piece chest and hips padding could be an ideal choice for Sigourney Weavers height and build. Though they are difficult to come across. Otherwise the Phicen Medium Bust Pale PLMB2017-S22A is their tallest body and could be a good choice with some waist padding.

1692872747078.png

Last edited:
Two-piece definitely makes sense for both looks without having to make another set. The top would be tucked into the pants. I'm still not sure if the splitting of the flight suit was a last minute change in the movie as it does seem like a one piece flight suit before this scene.

Also it's tricky to find a suitable body. The TTM22 with maybe a one piece chest and hips padding could be an ideal choice for Sigourney Weavers height and build. Though they are difficult to come across. Otherwise the Phicen Medium Bust Pale PLMB2017-S22A is their tallest body and could be a good choice with some waist padding.

View attachment 463778
I think TBleague S47 would be a better choice. Thicker hips, small bust and taller.
B12__34260.jpg

Back