Full figure 【Toribox & Mina Yu & Gesus Studio】 Henry Jones <03/31/2024 Closing Soon>

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fat suit is definitely a must. Suspenders would also be a good idea. I noticed on the facebook group you said something about two sculpts, why can't we just have the hat removable like the sideshow one?

The principle seems simple, but it is not. Friction of the hat made of resin damages the painting and causes discoloration. Also, when wearing a hat, it may not fit perfectly.

I don't really want the suspenders. Whenever I need to add girth to a figure I use cotton stuffing, like cotton balls or pillow stuffing or even the cotton that comes in medicine/vitamin bottles. I find it is much easier to put exactly where you want it. You can control the shape much better and it doesn't restrict the body movement as much as a fat suit. Plus it's a lot cheaper.

I don't really want the suspenders. Whenever I need to add girth to a figure I use cotton stuffing, like cotton balls or pillow stuffing or even the cotton that comes in medicine/vitamin bottles. I find it is much easier to put exactly where you want it. You can control the shape much better and it doesn't restrict the body movement as much as a fat suit. Plus it's a lot cheaper.
There are many people who are mistaken, so I leave a message. If we make a fatsuit, Toribox makes clothes to suit its shape, and if we don't make a fatsuit, she make clothes to fit a slim body. It's an important issue.

I think fat suit is definitely necessary.
About Suspender, I'm going with Host and majority

Judging by the photos on page 1 of this thread, he doesn't look very fat to me. As long as the clothes fit like those photos I'm fine with whatever needs to be done.

henry1.jpg

henry2.jpg

Judging by the photos on page 1 of this thread, he doesn't look very fat to me. As long as the clothes fit like those photos I'm fine with whatever needs to be done.

View attachment 455327

View attachment 455328
As you can see, the picture shows his body shape well. He's not thin.
Fatsuit creates a natural body shape from the chest to the thighs.
It's incomparable to cotton stuffing.

Hello, friends.
I asked Toribox and they said it's possible to make hats.
However, I do not agree with the contamination of parts that come into contact with non-natural fit, as we have experienced for a long time.
The problem of a cloth hat polluting the head is not light.

Making head in the two forms I suggested is very cumbersome for me and not beneficial.

Bcz I have made a hat character several times.
Do you believe that 1/6 fabric can reproduce wrinkles accurately?
I want you to think more carefully. Some things are more complicated than usual.

Pls consider that it is an opinion focused only on completeness.
I'll abide by the majority vote.
Everyone should be responsible for the results together.

4FCBD870-86FA-47E3-A651-4FF11FE79491.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello, friends.
I asked Toribox and they said it's possible to make hats.
However, I do not agree with the contamination of parts that come into contact with non-natural fit, as we have experienced for a long time.
The problem of a cloth hat polluting the head is not light.

Making head in the two forms I suggested is very cumbersome for me and not beneficial.

Bcz I have made a hat character several times.
Do you believe that 1/6 fabric can reproduce wrinkles accurately?
I want you to think more carefully. Some things are more complicated than usual.

Pls consider that it is an opinion focused only on completeness.
I'll abide by the majority vote.
Everyone should be responsible for the results together.

View attachment 455544
A head sculpt is the soul of a figure, if we failed on this then the hole figure dies. Unlike Indy, Joker or other popular character, Henry Jones is a character who we don’t usually see in custom area. If we failed this one, there won’t be another option of head sculpt for us to save the figure.
So I’d prefer taking resin hat just like the old time. Like you said, there’re many people have tried using fabric to make the 1/6 hat before and the results are not as they expected.

A head sculpt is the soul of a figure, if we failed on this then the hole figure dies. Unlike Indy, Joker or other popular character, Henry Jones is a character who we don’t usually see in custom area. If we failed this one, there won’t be another option of head sculpt for us to save the figure.
So I’d prefer taking resin hat just like the old time. Like you said, there’re many people have tried using fabric to make the 1/6 hat before and the results are not as they expected.
You agree with me. But many people are voting for hats made of cloth..

I say resin. Material does not perform like an artists hands. It will always look stiff and never relax like a material hat on a human head. There are no Indiana head sculpts with material hats, none. At least none that I’ve seen. Indiana’s head sculpt without the hat is funny with his bald head and hair line yet there are no material hats for Indiana.
A resin hat will look proper with sculpting and will lay on the head as it should. I don’t plan on having him standing without his hat on so my vote is a proper head sculpt with a resin hat. It will look better painted than made from material. It might be a challenge to get that plaid look painted but overall will look better fitted to his head.

I say resin. Material does not perform like an artists hands. It will always look stiff and never relax like a material hat on a human head. There are no Indiana head sculpts with material hats, none. At least none that I’ve seen. Indiana’s head sculpt without the hat is funny with his bald head and hair line yet there are no material hats for Indiana.
A resin hat will look proper with sculpting and will lay on the head as it should. I don’t plan on having him standing without his hat on so my vote is a proper head sculpt with a resin hat. It will look better painted than made from material. It might be a challenge to get that plaid look painted but overall will look better fitted to his head.
Thx for your opinion.
I agree with you. Checked it!

Back