Head sculpture Deckard by WW

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wip

1718001360693.png

I can see you've done more work on his hair too. The little v shape look is taken shape. People are going to love this. There's a deckard run on here and alot of people will still have the choice to get the dark toys version if they haven't already
To be used with your headsculpt

boyā€¦ the hair shape is gonna have a million different opinions, isnā€™t it?? you gotta go with your instincts WW, and iā€™m sure itā€™ll be great!! his hair changes so much through the filmā€¦ everyone is gonna have a different moment theyā€™d like to representā€¦

Yeah, I think the hair will be the biggest challenge on this one. As mentioned, his hair changes so much throughout the film. Maybe one or two variations of hair looks? Idk.

The likeness of Ford is SO good. I think I stared at the latest render for 5 minutes in awe, haha.

Excited to see more.

Hi @Waruna Weligamage,

Hope you and everyone else are well. I hope you don't mind me asking and I understand if it isn't, but provided it would be something enough people wanted, could a second sculpt with Deckard's below expression be on the cards, too? It's one I've dreamt of in figure form, as I think it's such a cool, powerful and iconic, standout moment and shot in the film, and for Deckard's character. I think it's one of the films great moments of panache. I think it would make for a truly unique Deckard along with some epic figure poses, too. If not the above, then a more sullen/ traumatised Deckard moment that follows after the shooting expression pose, perhaps?

What do other folks think?

Please note that I screen-grabbed from the UHD (HDR) from my ultrawide monitor, so the colours may be off on SDR screens:

Shooting face expression :

Deckard by WW Custom Sculpt Expression Request 1 a.jpg

Here is a similar, varied expression to the above, in case something more dynamic and different to the one you are doing would be wanted/ preferred. This is in the preceding moments to Deckard chasing Zhora into the shopping area/ shop facade(s) and shooting her:

Deckard by WW Custom Sculpt Expression Request 1 b.jpg

Sullen, tired/ traumatised face expression:

Deckard by WW Custom Sculpt Expression Request 2.jpg

Again, I understand if this is beyond your remit but just thought I would seize the opportunity to ask.

Kind regards,

fallinlight

Last edited:
Wow, that looks awesome! One quick suggestion, the eye on his right side appears more open than the one on his left ( which has the brow more down upon it).

Wow, that looks awesome! One quick suggestion, the eye on his right side appears more open than the one on his left ( which has the brow more down upon it).

Hi @IndianaPaul, hope you are well. Ford's left eye is naturally smaller, like most/ many people's (one eye is often smaller, or a different shape slightly and this often comes out and becomes apparent on camera/ in photos - it does for my eyes, too) and comes across pronounced in good stills like the below. So, this actually goes to show @Waruna Weligamage's good (ahem) eye for detail.

thumbnail_FB_IMG_1718256060917.jpg

Hope that helps, bud.

fallinlight

Last edited:
Same here. Mainly because it can still be modified. Personally I feel the widows peak is too long. Easy fix though if the hair lifts from the forehead ;)
I think if this one long strand of hair becomes maybe two strands of hair it may look a little bit more natural. The hair detail does look so good though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240613-173750_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613-173750_Samsung Internet.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 0
thanks a lot guys, actually the hair is done based on this. need a bit work in front but the hair is actually touch his upper forhead wrinkle

View attachment 474868

Cool. I think one thing to note is that hair length can vary based on the time and length of shooting/ time passed, and of course other changes such as humidity, set, rain, styling, and trimming that was done for the film - though, most of us probably know that Ford had his hair trimmed on his own accord in disagreement with Scott, to the surprise and anger of Scott, ha. So, hair often tends to look different from different photos/ sources. Great work thus far, @Waruna Weligamage (y)

Back