Accessory [DoggieDoc] INTEREST: Jean-Luc Picard Captains Chair

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alrighty, everyone, I have engineered the chair for wiring and battery power. It's also designed for easy assembly so that everything can be printed separately and then put together. It should make for a much more realistic appearance versus one big, solid print that is then painted in different ways.

Now I just need to go in and add some details like stitching and wrinkles.

Untitled v11 6.png
Untitled v11 10.png
Untitled v11 5.png
Untitled v11 7.png
Untitled v11 8.png
Untitled v11 9.png

Hey everyone. How's everyone feeling about this with the current climate in relation to the virus? I want to get the master prints going but they ar pretty expensive so I need to make sure I still have the interest.

The plan if the interest is still there is to have the pieces of the chair cast. Having each piece printed would be prohibitively expensive so that route is abandoned. Casting makes the chair much more affordable, and I THINK I can still get the lighting feature in there but I'm not 100% certain on that yet.

So any idea yet what that price may be? I'm still interested, but this probably isn't something I'd want to pay more than $300 or so for.

Ok thanks guys! I am organizing getting the master prints done. It's a little weird because the texture of the center white cushion is a bit different... I would say "rougher" but I mean that in more of a "fuzzy" way... I sort of picture that same material that used to be used to line the car seats of a lot of older 80's and 90's era cars, haha, while the armrest/headrest, etc. are smooth since, in the show, they were made of a pleather type material.

I'm also trying to decide whether I add seams or not, where the real chair would naturally have been sewn together and such. They aren't super obvious in most shots but I assume they have to be there somewhere, unless they were hidden mostly where the different parts of the chair are assembled together.

I'm also trying to decide whether I add seams or not, where the real chair would naturally have been sewn together and such. They aren't super obvious in most shots but I assume they have to be there somewhere, unless they were hidden mostly where the different parts of the chair are assembled together.

The only place i think seams would matter is the sides of the headrest.

Back