DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator CALLING FOR FINAL PAYMENTS

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator project UPDATE 5/22 FIRST PROTOTYPE

The time is here! This information is of course on the front page as well.

I present to you all the 1:1 scale Baby Groot detonator as seen in the film Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2. This was designed to accompany the upcoming life sized Baby Groot figure from Hot Toys but can stand on its own as a 1:1 prop replica for display from the film.

This is a mixed media piece containing a light up function that illuminates the numerical display and the button that Baby Groot DOES push at the climax of the film. It will be composed of resin cast pieces, 3D printed parts, metal, LED lights, and, of course, TAPE (duct, to be specific), and is hand painted. Lighting will be handled by battery power and will use 2-3 AA batteries. Check out the exploded view to see all the parts it takes to make one detonator.

Each detonator will be shipped in a themed box to be shown later.

The final price for each detonator is $250 plus shipping.

Due to the length of time it will likely take me to complete these I will be asking for a $100 deposit rather than the full price straight away. The remaining balance including shipping will be called for nearer to completion. At that time I will also ask that you specify your exact shipping address or, if it is the address attached to PayPal please say so.

When sending payment PLEASE include the following information:
- SSF username
- Baby Groot Detonator deposit (for deposits)
- Baby Groot Detonator final balance + shipping (when called for later)

I ship all items via USPS which, in the US, includes tracking and, when international, tracking depends on specific location.

Shipping rates:
US: $15
International: $27

My PP: [email protected]

PLEASE let me know if you all have any questions. My estimated time of completion is 3-4 months though that is subject to change as I do all my projects almost 100% solo. As you have hopefully seen I constantly update my threads to let people know the status of things. I am just about to have my first child this month so I'll be a bit busy here initially but as I settle in things should move along better.

wc4qHwi.png

9e1576cfa3744252aa48d4307235bc5b.jpg

393307744a8328c0dc2387642d50b64f.jpg

f0tTbXn.jpg

qbcIKLj.jpg

HaLI4me.jpg

E7gjlsT.jpg

19618724d48447d04061d9b9d7e0a958.jpg

2197ed657f817e534334d73952b4c4ce.jpg

0f9Qf24.jpg

Re: DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator project UPDATE 10/15 SALE INFO UP

Full payment plus shipping sent ! Thank you :)
Got it! And got your deposit, Tristanic[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Re: DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator project UPDATE 10/15 SALE INFO UP

Just sent deposit. You should probably change it to baby Groot display deposit because you don't want the word detenator to show up all of your email or PayPal for you know.. reasons

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I just sent the full payment + the shipping. Thanks again for this!
Received!

Just sent deposit. You should probably change it to baby Groot display deposit because you don't want the word detenator to show up all of your email or PayPal for you know.. reasons

I like the way you think.... DONE!

By the way, no real deadline at this point. I'll probably keep things open for a few weeks to give people some time period.

I hope I didn't price too many folks out, however these take a lot of resources and time to produce so I hope that's understandable.

Deposit Sent! Looks awesome, btw.

Just received my new batch of resin and silicone. I will be starting the molds and casting parts very soon to get these first five started!

Production started!
72f152e312defa303f6ae7eb84fdc841.jpg

First casts...
116cf92fa24092527936ca8c10c409c0.jpg

Deposit sent. Looking great. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deposit sent. Looking great. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moving along well.
0fc31c2e4ada16909c0000640dc8d488.jpg

Well into production, now[emoji3]
0d5f84baa0b8ab3a396e3407b6907921.jpg
7913567c7fe96669b3f3ffc1c160f6ab.jpg

Woo hoo

So cool to see the progress!

Back