Expanded Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTM438

Freaked Out!
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure this is the right place to put this thread but something occurred to me:

So everyone knows that the tragic downfall of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America - The First Avenger and The Avengers) is that its missing the characters that Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to, such as The Fantastic Four and the X-Men.

A lot of people want to see what Marvel Studios could do with the missing characters if they could get their hands on them.

So why don't we start up a project on here where designs are created that are in-line stylistically with the Marvel Cinematic Universe? That way we could have characters like Cyclops and Spider-Man to go with our Avengers figures.

Maybe while we're at it we could have figures of some of the supporting cast made up, such as General Ross, Pepper Potts, Dr. Selvig and Agent Coulson- figures that don't really have a chance of being made by Hot Toys. Or create fan versions of characters that might show up in the MCU in the future, like Ultron or Wasp.

I got this idea from that Tim Burton Batman expanded universe project that WGP was running a while back to fill in Batman characters that weren't in the Burton films but done in the Burton style.

This could be a fun project where artistically inclined members might submit designs for characters and we could do things like cast existing actors for the roles and then have those actors likenesses used for the character's headsculpt.

This would be a big project that would require a bit of interest and a fair deal of collaboration but I think it could be a lot of fun and would fill in gaps in peoples' collections who are OCD like me and won't put a Jackman Wolverine next to a Hemsworth Thor because they don't occupy the same "universe".

I'm just brainstorming here. Let me know if this is a good idea or not.

I don't. I have a really detail oriented mind and I'd rather not have two characters under one banner but from different franchises.

I'd liken it to someone putting a Nicholson Joker figure next to a Bale Batman figure. It probably wouldn't look "right" to some people. Others might see it as acceptable but not this guy.

Back