[FRwL custom] HS "Conan" CLOSED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [FRwL custom] HS "Conan" Limited 30 pieces - All sold

I honestly can’t decide if I want to wait for the new M35 body or use the 34 I already have. I wasn’t intending to do the Destroyer look, but that 35 looks pretty awesome; and him being mostly naked would look great next to Red Sonja.

I'm getting a few of the 35s. I have Destroyer on a 34 right now and was considering making the swap, but I'm not sure I will once I get them in hand. The 35 might be too ripped. I remember reading that the director wanted a more natural appearance for Arnold, as natural as muscles that size can look. Didn't want him being toooooooo defined. It would be nice to have the bigger thighs, but I'll just have to choose once I can compare them in hand.

I wish I could convert all of my T-shirt/sleeveless vest wearing Terminators onto these bodies - except that they are a bit big to represent, say, his T2 build. I'd just far prefer to be looking at these PHICEN arms with their muscle and vein detail than the plastic Hot Toys ones with the exposed elbow joints and pretty crappy sculpting.

Last edited:

I was thinking about using the new bigger body for my old HT Dutch figure, my HT Dutch body has loose legs which are too thin imo and giraffe neck issues. Arnie was pretty ripped in Predator. However thinking about it, the Dutch sculpt is a bit on the small side, So it might look pin headed on the new body?

Maybe next Arnie sculpt Ulli wants to tackle would be one of Dutch? The HT head is not bad but not the best.

You wouldn't be able to use these bodies for Dutch unless you could get some pants that'd fit the legs. If my memory serves the stock pants were put under major strain on the Hot Toys Terminator body.

While the pants fit, they are definitely rock-star snug. Before my Conan custom above, I used that M34 for my Dutch, but have since swapped him to a GangHood 2.0, which eliminated the neck issue and displays well, at least fully-clothed.

20180208_030236.jpg

26. Alain Valeye (facebook) + separately, painting (full payment) RA843036582UA
27. mike Ghazarian (facebook) + separately, painting (deposit) (full payment) RA843036596UA
28. KEC2007 + separately, painting full payment RA843036551UA

Guys, I need your final payments.)

22. achilles01987 + separately, painting (deposit 1,2)
10. Nicky Santoro (facebook) (deposit 1,2)

Well, the other two heads I ordered are bouncing around to places they shouldn't be. They left New York and went to Tennessee. I'm in Pennsylvania which is in between the two. Go figure. Better not be another one of those postal service infinite loops. I've already been caught in one of those a few times. Maybe I should go check on my Pumping Iron head, see where that went.

Pumping Iron head left New York, hopefully not also bound for Tennessee. I'll probably get it before the other two even though it shipped weeks later.

Pumping Iron head left New York, hopefully not also bound for Tennessee. I'll probably get it before the other two even though it shipped weeks later.

Two other HS pumping iron that I sent along with Yours have already arrived to their buyers(

Guys, I need your final payments.)

22. achilles01987 + separately, painting (deposit 1,2)
10. Nicky Santoro (facebook) (deposit 1,2)

Payment of $153 (with a little over 5.5% fee) just sent via PayPal.

Looks like Conan heads and Pumping Iron head will arrive on the same day, even though Conan heads were sent 14 days earlier. Hope they arrive with no issues. Looking forward to seeing what the Pumping Iron head looks like on the Terminator figure.

Out of curiosity, did everyone’s Conan not come with an inner neck peg connector? If not, which one did you use to fill the gap?

None of mine came with one. Just using blue tack at the moment for the one Conan.

Ahh. Okay. Thanks for the info. I ordered a couple connectors, I’ll see if they work.

Simply insert the neck peg into the head using a drop of glue to stick it in )
Everything is simple)

Out of curiosity, did everyone’s Conan not come with an inner neck peg connector? If not, which one did you use to fill the gap?

I used a neck connector from one of the many loose heads Ive got in my parts bin, just cut it out with an Xacto and glued inside the Conan head.

Back