Hello again

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wow everythings changed (well a bit), havent been on here for . . . well for along, long time. But its nice to see that kitbashing hasnt changed much.

I see a thread showing amazing kitbashing works with everyone signing up to have copies of the "1st run", and then post after post when the guy cant deliver to a date and ends up having a meltdown . . . seen that 10 - 15 years ago. The issue is always that pesky money up front.

But also seeing the next level of artistry that goes into some of these figures all that 3D printing that was just getting traction in kitbashing very inspiring . . .

I still have all the original figures that I bought many years ago, and those that I also created myself over the years in my display cabinets. (all be it with a layer of dust on them now). Kind of fell out of love with 1/6th and collecting for a couple of reasons.

1. Hot toys kept releasing upgraded version of figures Id bought previously, devaluing (in my eyes) the previously bought figure (and lets face it, those HT arent cheap)
2. Because they arent cheap (lots of debt for those that cant control their figure addiction, as I can atest and was that man)
3. Kit bashing became a way to get some of the figures I wanted and enabled an outlet for artistry but then its finding the time to do that.
4. Simply ran out of space for anymore collecting

But I kept the figures, Ive boxes of 1/6 accessories from kit bashes . . . that I never had the heart to part with. Still have the large cabinet of HT, sideshow, custom figures. Here . In my mind I always thought Id come back to it in retirement. At least that was the plan . . . finish those Resin full size guns I bought from ebay that needed painting and weathering, finish those BSG Apollo figures I started and the Stargate Guards that are all 1/4 finished. May still do that sooner rather than later (time and work though its a killer) . . . but I thought Id pop in and say hello . . . in the meantime.

See all those trolls (noticed a few recently), fellow collectors and the 1/6th artists on here. My memories waned over the years so I cant list off all those Usernames that were a big part of my life for a few years, many many years ago. But I thought Id bob in and say hello nonetheless, probably be back when Ive got nothing to do in retirement and Im looking for some feedback (validation and praise mostly). But thats another 8 or so years away from now . . . if my body lasts that long.

Anyway for those that do recall me for that brief period I was on here kitbashing, I hope you are all well. That life hasnt been too cruel and that youve had some joyful times since last we communicated. Over the years Ive come back on (never logged in) . . . and seen the wonderful projects that popup from time to time (probably missed some classics as well). So know that although your work might not get reams of posts, us lazy arses who cant be arsed logging in, do still view stuff, have seen and admired that work you posted. Ill try and post some more encouragement now Ive reset my password :) and work permitting do some more of the stuff I used to enjoy myself.

Love ya all

Mooncat

Last edited:
Back