Hot Toys MMS 375 The Force Awakens Ep VII Chewbacca - Custom Modifications

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was never happy with the stock eyes on this chewie...particularly the color...which should be light blue! (more lazy homework by HT)
Actually they got it right on version one...which makes it even more strange

Anyways i decided to try make a new set of peepers for him:)...still a work in progress...

DSC_0581.JPGDSC_0574.jpg

Wow. Nice, Matrix! I thought about doing something with the V1 eyes at some, even bought a cheap Captain America sculpt cause of the blue eyes. The V1 eyes were better in terms of color but still had some weird issues where they often look too close together or cross-eyes or just off in some other way -- having them in shadow makes it look more like Chewie. TFA has the wrong color but more life to the eyes.

I'm pretty happy with how these new eyes look...i cut them from a Daniel craig Bond head sculpt i wasn't using (16euro on ebay for those interested)
The sculpt is made from some kind of resin, which made it easier to sand and shape the eyes..i then added a few washes of dark brown acrylic paint to black out the skin tone around them. A few spots of fabric glue hold them in place...
They may not be the best painted eyes...but i think they look good and the blue pops nicely:)
.DSC_0639.JPGDSC_0606.JPG

I'm pretty happy with how these new eyes look...i cut them from a Daniel craig Bond head sculpt i wasn't using (16euro on ebay for those interested)
The sculpt is made from some kind of resin, which made it easier to sand and shape the eyes..i then added a few washes of dark brown acrylic paint to black out the skin tone around them. A few spots of fabric glue hold them in place...
They may not be the best painted eyes...but i think they look good and the blue pops nicely:)

Looks really good, can't wait to see him back together.

And if you are getting a Hannibal Lector, that Craig scalp might make a nice accessory!

.View attachment 407015View attachment 407014

Wow, best I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks mightily impressive, matrix. And to be honest the original ANH Chewie eyes aren't that impressively done. Theylook hand painted compared with the human figures, which might be decals? Might have to do with the way Chewie eyes are little inserts. But I remember looking through a macro lens and noticing a much lower level of detail on them.

Progression from the original " horrendous" stock version....for me the worst HT figure to date....
CHEWIEMODS.jpg

Eye comparison.....
CHEWIEMODS.JPG

I still need to fix the teeth...but i'm in two minds weather to glue/close the mouth completely shut...

Looks mightily impressive, matrix. And to be honest the original ANH Chewie eyes aren't that impressively done. Theylook hand painted compared with the human figures, which might be decals? Might have to do with the way Chewie eyes are little inserts. But I remember looking through a macro lens and noticing a much lower level of detail on them.

Yeah the eyes on the ANH version aren't the best painted either... but at least they're blue. TFA is version is a step backwards...in so many ways

Wow! Difficult to believe that is the same figure. I may buy one of the TFA Chewie figures to see what I can do with it. I may end up selling mine and reworking this.

Absolutely spot on Chewbacca.

I swapped out the ammo belt for the SW version...which I like more...
DSC_1018.JPGDSC_1017.JPGDSC_1019.JPG

looks great matrix. I`m currently working on the eye system as I type. I darkened the hair on my TFA chewie and gave him the original bandolier as well. did you use super glue for the eyes or some other type of glue ?

Thanks gg...I used a few spots of fabric glue to hold them in place. I find it works best as it gives you time to line up the eyes correctly. Super glue dries too fast...

That looks amazing! That is how Chewie should look. I wanted mine to look just like that.

Looks like I'm in the market for a Chewbacca from TFA...

Back