Hot Toys MMS 375 The Force Awakens Ep VII Chewbacca - Custom Modifications

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gg...I used a few spots of fabric glue to hold them in place. I find it works best as it gives you time to line up the eyes correctly. Super glue dries too fast...
that`s what I did use was fabric glue. it`s amazing how much it looks better when you can see his peepers. the original eyes you could not see them I don't know why they could not come up with a better eye system. I think it could improve the first version if they done this way and the way you did it :dunno

Thanks for the compliments guys....i'm now trying to rework the teeth and make new removable ones..
I really like the closed mouth look...but i also want the option of the growl/roar look too...so making them removable is the only way to go:)
First i'm trying the ends of cocktail sticks which work pretty great as the scale and shape are about right....a light sanding and some white paint and they look ok...
. DSC_1249.JPGDSC_1251.JPGDSC_1256.JPGDSC_1241.JPGDSC_1236.JPG

neat trick matrix. might have to try that out some time. I like the closed mouth look the best for me personally as who poses there chewie with there mouth open all the time might think he`s tired all the time

Thanks LOPIE:duff....
I've gone back and reworked the teeth again...cocktail sticks are ok but a little too fragile so i'm now using metal wire pieces....cut,shaped and then painted...they work a lot better and are easier to plug in or unplug using tweezers...
DSC_1333.JPGDSC_1302.JPGDSC_1287.JPG

I was never happy with the stock eyes on this chewie...particularly the color...which should be light blue! (more lazy homework by HT)
Actually they got it right on version one...which makes it even more strange

Anyways i decided to try make a new set of peepers for him:)...still a work in progress...

View attachment 406714View attachment 406715

This looks great, Im tempted to give this a try on the ANH Chewie. What did you use to remove the eyes? Was it fairly straightforward?

This looks great, Im tempted to give this a try on the ANH Chewie. What did you use to remove the eyes? Was it fairly straightforward?

The eyes are on plastic stalks which are plugged into the face...i used needle nosed pliers to twist and break them off...it's easy enough but be gentle as you go as it's easy to pull some of the face fur as well....

Yeah i think a closed mouth chewie would look better...or maybe interchangeable mouth/jaws for different looks(i love how Bandai have done it on their chewie figs) The fur coloring could do with being a tad darker as well....Here's hoping it's third time lucky from HT..

So good luck to found this thread..

I’m thinking about to do mine
Did anyone have a vdo tutorial
I never custom the figure before.
Just want to make sure I will do the right thing

Thanks!

Back