Clothing set [INTEREST] TORIBOX - Jack Torrance in Shining

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_register

Reaction score
09a0b6880a9de90c25ee8c22ff8f4f84.jpg
rs_1024x759-200520152411-1024-Philip-Stone-the-shining-jack-nicolson.jpg

Outfit: Toribox
Includes : Jacket, Shirt, Jean, belt, fat suit(for body)
Schedule of the first sample : 2022
BODY : TBD
Deposit: Deposit for outfit will be $150 +5% fee or as gift.
Please include your OSC username + fb/Ins name and project name.
The price is very expensive because of the jacket and jeans.
So please think about it seriously.

I also have a plan to make his boots.

Start from 30 pec or cancel

PRICE :
30 ~ 34 : $840
35 ~ 39 : $780
40 ~ 44 : $750
45 ~ 49 : $720
50 ~ : $690

INTEREST LIST :

any guarantee the shirt pattern and jacket length/color will be better than last version?

This definitely sounds like a massive jump that’s not just the usual “Yunsil’s prices went up”
everyone’s got a right to try and make a buck but I do hope people see that is what’s Happening here and only join the list if your okay with that..
I wouldn't be certain. Did you see her quote for Snape?

Why is it $840 because of the jacket and jeans even though she already did it for a fraction of that price?

My full figure cost nearly that much lol
Either your trying to take a hefty profit or Yunsil is charging serious dollar.

Either way LOL
I know Yunsil’s prices have jumped but WOW. This just doesn’t sound right.
This definitely sounds like a massive jump that’s not just the usual “Yunsil’s prices went up”
everyone’s got a right to try and make a buck but I do hope people see that is what’s Happening here and only join the list if your okay with that..

First of all, the price of yunsil is very high.
Since I don't want to proceed with this anyway, I will disclose the cost price.
I have to add 10% VAT from that amount. And of course I should think about the sample fee.
And I have to pay taxes later because I work with shumi.
If that happens, my handling cost is $40~$50.
Look at other people's prices and compare them.
Did I really set a high price to make money?
And it has been made for more than five years.
Don't think about the old price.
Why do you think the price at that time won't be different from now?
The price of yunsil is going up every year.
You know the yunsil's price?
I'll give it up, so ask yourself.

You should also ask for an estimate to Yunsil. I'll see if you get a cheaper estimate than I do. Yunsil said that the unit price is much higher compared to other suits because the yarn is made of goldden and jeans.
Is it cash cow if it's more expensive than you think?
I don't know why you're arguing about projects you won't participate in, after saying nothing about projects that are more quantity and more expensive than this.
What am I supposed to do when the price has gone up this much? You said you know the Yunsil's price. Is this the right price you know? I don't know why they compare prices a few years ago. The outfits price has increased more than 20 percent compared to last year. And more than that went up a few years ago.
Do other hosts seem to sell at original cost?
Just remember that the cost of the basic suit is 1/2 the cost of this project.

When you are sarcastic or criticizing others, act with accurate information.

KakaoTalk_20201219_121708072_01.jpgKakaoTalk_20201219_121708072.jpg

First of all, the price of yunsil is very high.
Since I don't want to proceed with this anyway, I will disclose the cost price.
I have to add 10% VAT from that amount. And of course I should think about the sample fee.
And I have to pay taxes later because I work with shumi.
If that happens, my handling cost is $40~$50.
Look at other people's prices and compare them.
Did I really set a high price to make money?
And it has been made for more than five years.
Don't think about the old price.
Why do you think the price at that time won't be different from now?
The price of yunsil is going up every year.
You know the yunsil's price?
I'll give it up, so ask yourself.

You should also ask for an estimate to Yunsil. I'll see if you get a cheaper estimate than I do. Yunsil said that the unit price is much higher compared to other suits because the yarn is made of goldden and jeans.
Is it cash cow if it's more expensive than you think?
I don't know why you're arguing about projects you won't participate in, after saying nothing about projects that are more quantity and more expensive than this.
What am I supposed to do when the price has gone up this much? You said you know the Yunsil's price. Is this the right price you know? I don't know why they compare prices a few years ago. The outfits price has increased more than 20 percent compared to last year. And more than that went up a few years ago.
Do other hosts seem to sell at original cost?
Just remember that the cost of the basic suit is 1/2 the cost of this project.

When you are sarcastic or criticizing others, act with accurate information.

View attachment 430319View attachment 430320
I'm not thinking of the old price, I'm thinking of the reasonable price. Yunsil seems to be straying away from that with every new project.

You guys always find Yunsil Yunsil, but you guys don't want to know how much the price has gone up.
You just find Yunsil, just trying to get it at the price long ago.

Even if it's the same character outfits, I want you to know that the price of a few years ago and now is almost twice as much.

You guys always find Yunsil Yunsil, but you guys don't want to know how much the price has gone up.
You just find Yunsil, just trying to get it at the price long ago.

Even if it's the same character outfits, I want you to know that the price of a few years ago and now is almost twice as much.
Because people will pay it, but that doesn't change the fact that she's overcharging. I've had to skip almost half a dozen of her projects because of this. If the deposit covers material costs then she is charging around $690 (minus your end) to make the outfit.

Do you mind answer my question? If shirt pattern and jacket length is fixed, I might be interested.

Quality has improved, rising standards, rising time and materials. And time spent to create them at a higher standard- time equals money hence rising costs... but how much higher will the demand rise?

This isn’t something linked to clothing runs or any item from the best of the best in this hobby which we know yunsil is... this can be said about this whole hobby.

Two years ago I recall paying for pretty darn good painted heads for 280 dollars. I thought this was simply unfathomable. After all I had KA Kim heads priced at 150 painted decently from Denny so that price seemed insane.

looking back at the heads from Denny and then the heads around 300... and now 300 being the asking price for the best heads (unpainted no less) I wonder, as a hardcore 1/6 custom collector for 13 or so years, how this seismic shift happened all in the past 2 years or so?

Now truth be told many hold up, but many of the sculpts and paint from that cult king era aren’t at the standard of today so the old saying “you get what you pay for” does apply to some degree.

I’m not even going to get into the whole vicious circle about how recasting starts to fill the void in the market to those who have tapped out at the high prices meanwhile the real artists have to charge more and more to compensate for the recasting creating a simply massive high/ low customer base for this hobby- that’s a topic for another day.

I’ll go the limit and I mean FAR with my favorite characters and jack Torrence is one of them. And for such a major character commissioning a new clothing run? Well that’s a good idea no doubt.

But honestly, I’m starting to hit my limit and if I am I’m sure other collectors are too. I don’t even blame the pandemic for this at a certain paint you really have to question your priorities even if you do have a lot of disposable income.

I also work in luxury fashion, and I find myself wanting to spend less and less on clothing for myself. So this is saying a lot to me because I truly appreciate the art of high end items, but It’s at the point when I’m freely spending more money on my dolls clothes and than my own clothes I just have to check myself... after all I’m almost 100 percent sure the actually wardrobe of jack nicholson in the movie legit cost less than this ensemble does.

Now that’s Ray the customer/ collector. Ray the artist? Well let’s just say there is a reason why I don’t take commissions. The going rate is just barely getting to the point where I’m actually thinking about it and how my time could actually equate to profit enough to make it worth it over taking freelance creative direction work on the side. So I support the artists. I will always support the artists. These are god given talents that are ratified yet so many artists are grossly underpaid to the more commonplace jobs in the world.

I didn’t mean to spin this into a long long soap box or derail this thread so my humble apologies for this, but I would think many of us would find this topic of conversation interesting.

This hobby is an interesting, I recently found 3 amazing sculptors who charge $230 - 350 for a private commission and the quality was insane.

However I get why sculptors charge alot and I get why tailors do but this is ridiculous. :ROFLMAO: I suppose this is the outcome of people commissioning the same outfits! Ridiculous waiting list and higher prices!

This hobby has changed alot! Since my experience I now collect what I like but even for high end collects there's a limit right? This really is whack. :ROFLMAO:

This hobby is an interesting, I recently found 3 amazing sculptors who charge $230 - 350 for a private commission and the quality was insane.

However I get why sculptors charge alot and I get why tailors do but this is ridiculous. :ROFLMAO: I suppose this is the outcome of people commissioning the same outfits! Ridiculous waiting list and higher prices!

This hobby has changed alot! Since my experience I now collect what I like but even for high end collects there's a limit right? This really is whack. :ROFLMAO:

So it's not my fault, but why did you sarcastically talk to me?

Quality has improved, rising standards, rising time and materials. And time spent to create them at a higher standard- time equals money hence rising costs... but how much higher will the demand rise?

This isn’t something linked to clothing runs or any item from the best of the best in this hobby which we know yunsil is... this can be said about this whole hobby.

Two years ago I recall paying for pretty darn good painted heads for 280 dollars. I thought this was simply unfathomable. After all I had KA Kim heads priced at 150 painted decently from Denny so that price seemed insane.

looking back at the heads from Denny and then the heads around 300... and now 300 being the asking price for the best heads (unpainted no less) I wonder, as a hardcore 1/6 custom collector for 13 or so years, how this seismic shift happened all in the past 2 years or so?

Now truth be told many hold up, but many of the sculpts and paint from that cult king era aren’t at the standard of today so the old saying “you get what you pay for” does apply to some degree.

I’m not even going to get into the whole vicious circle about how recasting starts to fill the void in the market to those who have tapped out at the high prices meanwhile the real artists have to charge more and more to compensate for the recasting creating a simply massive high/ low customer base for this hobby- that’s a topic for another day.

I’ll go the limit and I mean FAR with my favorite characters and jack Torrence is one of them. And for such a major character commissioning a new clothing run? Well that’s a good idea no doubt.

But honestly, I’m starting to hit my limit and if I am I’m sure other collectors are too. I don’t even blame the pandemic for this at a certain paint you really have to question your priorities even if you do have a lot of disposable income.

I also work in luxury fashion, and I find myself wanting to spend less and less on clothing for myself. So this is saying a lot to me because I truly appreciate the art of high end items, but It’s at the point when I’m freely spending more money on my dolls clothes and than my own clothes I just have to check myself... after all I’m almost 100 percent sure the actually wardrobe of jack nicholson in the movie legit cost less than this ensemble does.

Now that’s Ray the customer/ collector. Ray the artist? Well let’s just say there is a reason why I don’t take commissions. The going rate is just barely getting to the point where I’m actually thinking about it and how my time could actually equate to profit enough to make it worth it over taking freelance creative direction work on the side. So I support the artists. I will always support the artists. These are god given talents that are ratified yet so many artists are grossly underpaid to the more commonplace jobs in the world.

I didn’t mean to spin this into a long long soap box or derail this thread so my humble apologies for this, but I would think many of us would find this topic of conversation interesting.

Thank you for telling me your sincere story.
As a collector, I'm also very upset that prices continue to rise.

Back