MAD MAX-Road Warrior 1/6 SCALE SCULPT BY Omega Customs

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX -Gibson 1/6 SCALE SCULPT BY Omega Customs

Now that is definitely a better batch of pictures for displaying the sculptor's talents as it pertains to this project.

Now that is definitely a better batch of pictures for displaying the sculptor's talents as it pertains to this project.

We "Omega Customs" are a team of artist, we have 3 sculptors and 2 painters. One of them is taking care of this one.
Thank you

It would be interesting to see someone post pictures of all the Max sculpts that have been done so far. They could be compared to find out what has been missing from other offerings and then potentially offer suggestions as to what would make this one better.

Didn't spend too much time on this but it's a start. I tried to collect as many as I could find. They're BD versions, but I wanted apples-to-apples.

maxs1.jpg

CK and Rocco came closest. The CK BD version is actually pretty good - just oversized and somethings off with the non-damaged eye (same with the non-BD sculpt). the Face-to-head ratio is off a bit too.

I think Rocco's is narrow/sharp (might have been the print because the render looked better). Mel was young and had a rounder face, not as sharp a jawline.

Iminime braveheart has good likeliness imo. We can consider that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CK and Rocco came closest. The CK BD version is actually pretty good - just oversized and somethings off with the non-damaged eye (same with the non-BD sculpt). the Face-to-head ratio is off a bit too.

I think Rocco's is narrow/sharp (might have been the print because the render looked better). Mel was young and had a rounder face, not as sharp a jawline.

I agree with Comatoast's eval. 100%.

The three on the right don't even look remotely like Mel Gibson. While not perfect the Snyder-man head on the far left was used by Elvis 1976 to bash the best Road Warrior Mad Max that has been put together so far. A lot of this ends up boiling down to fan wank and the thinking that anyone who shows up here with zbrush and a few samples is the next best thing ever. Good luck with this. I completely satisfied with the Max heads I already have. I hope someday someone starts a project for Wez, Humugus, or the Gyro Pilot.

It's a tough call, but the more i look at the CK version - at least the BD one (and I own one) - the better it looks. But it's not definitive. Owen recently haired it - and probably added some paint - and it looks even better (below). However the BD eye is a BIT of a cop-out (in that it's a little easier to "hide" the likeness) and Jeff said he's not doing a BD right now.

13701201_1125339517540943_2014351956728307945_o.jpg

The three on the right don't even look remotely like Mel Gibson. While not perfect the Snyder-man head on the far left was used by Elvis 1976 to bash the best Road Warrior Mad Max that has been put together so far. A lot of this ends up boiling down to fan wank and the thinking that anyone who shows up here with zbrush and a few samples is the next best thing ever. Good luck with this. I completely satisfied with the Max heads I already have. I hope someday someone starts a project for Wez, Humugus, or the Gyro Pilot.

That looks really nice, but doesn't favor Mel Gibson. Looking real, and really looking like who it is suppose to be are two very different things. In the picture where the four different sculpts are together the second from left (iminimi?) looks more like Hugh Jackman than Gibson. Far right favors Clooney as much as Gibson. I own several Snyderman sculpts and have commissioned a few portrait sculpts from them so I admit a biased towards their work. I think most people on here tend to do the same thing towards other sculptors. There will never be a definitive sculpt of any character as there will always be a percentage of people who prefer a different sculpt. It's a great time to be finicky as if one sculpt doesn't satisfy you there are two more to chose from coming right behind it.

For *****s and giggles, I masked out everything bu the faces on these. Just my 2¢...

In this light, there are good points to all of them. The eyes on the Pettersen are very good, especially the left (non-damaged). The shape of the face I think is good here, but the mouth seems too small and the nose a bit too big.

The Snyder-man does look a lot better to me here - even thought the hair is pretty good (might have been the paint app throwing me off. Shape of the face and features-to-face ratio is good there too. The eyes on this are very close - maybe just VERY slightly too far apart.

Iminime face I think, as I mentioned, a bit too big for the features, but the mouth, nose and eyes are generally good, but eyes could be wider.

Rocco's is hard to compare without paint but the mouth, nose, smile lines look good. The eyebrows are a little too arched - at least the left (facing) is, and the jawline, again, is too sharp. Seeing it painted could change a lot on this one - has anyone seen one?

maxs3.jpg

I think you have the names switched, the far left is Snyder-man (you have it labeled Peterson). Rocco's head perfectly illustrates why I don't like digital sculpts. The computer rendering looked great but the print out lost a lot in the translation. I liked his work much better when he was still doing traditional sculpting. It was a little rougher than most sculptors work, but the likenesses were better in my opinion. To be fair the photo referenced may not have been the target for each of the sculptors. I know from dealing with Snyder-man Joy uses 30 to 50 different reference photos to try and capture the likeness. Every "expert" on here will have a different analysis and in the end each person will have their favorite. There is a variety to chose from which should never be a bad thing. My concern would be how long can the custom community support all the sculptors that are jumping in? While people run around buying the 10th Mad Max and 15th Indiana Jones they have tried out other more unique projects aren't getting the support they need. I always say buy what you like so if your a Mad Max fan you have plenty of options.

I guess you're right, although with some paint apps the Pettersen and Snyder-man look pretty similar. I think the far right here is a repainted Pettersen (and maybe re modeled hair in the front) - looks different from the standard paint app I've seen which I think makes it look pretty close to the Snyder-man:
pettersen-max.jpg

maxs4.jpg

I think you have the names switched, the far left is Snyder-man (you have it labeled Peterson). Rocco's head perfectly illustrates why I don't like digital sculpts. The computer rendering looked great but the print out lost a lot in the translation. I liked his work much better when he was still doing traditional sculpting. It was a little rougher than most sculptors work, but the likenesses were better in my opinion. To be fair the photo referenced may not have been the target for each of the sculptors. I know from dealing with Snyder-man Joy uses 30 to 50 different reference photos to try and capture the likeness. Every "expert" on here will have a different analysis and in the end each person will have their favorite. There is a variety to chose from which should never be a bad thing. My concern would be how long can the custom community support all the sculptors that are jumping in? While people run around buying the 10th Mad Max and 15th Indiana Jones they have tried out other more unique projects aren't getting the support they need. I always say buy what you like so if your a Mad Max fan you have plenty of options.

I guess you're right, although with some paint apps the Pettersen and Snyder-man look pretty similar. I think the far right here is a repainted Pettersen (and maybe re modeled hair in the front) - looks different from the standard paint app I've seen which I think makes it look pretty close to the Snyder-man:
View attachment 282218

View attachment 282216
Whatever sculpt that is, albeit modified, looks very good. I very much liked the Pettersen, but just sold it because it was too small.

Back