Head sculpture "My Indy" by WW - Closed

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4211.jpg

Was finally able to get home and check out Waruna Weligamage new Painted Indy sculpt! I was so excited, but my excitement turned to disappointment when I opened the box to find the fedora on my sculpt chipped in the very front.

I was able to glue it the best I could. But sadly it's still noticeable. Waruna's customer service is above all and when I contacted him he said he will be getting me a new painted hat sent out! I pray the next one makes it safely.

Other than that I'm absolutely in love with this sculpt! Seriously. A serious contender for the best Indy / Ford likeness out there!

Once Waruna gets the flexible resin dialed in I think that would be the best solution. This resin at this thin is just too fragile.

Fortune and Glory! šŸ¤ 
šŸ–¤šŸ’œšŸ©µ

1000047356.jpg
1000047357.jpg
1000047358.jpg
1000047355.jpg
1000047354.jpg

1000047348.jpg
1000047349.jpg
1000047350.jpg

Sorry to hear about the broken hat Cellar Toys.
That brim is so fragile.
Just a little patient for the replacement and it is all forgotten ;-)

Indeed, this could be the definitive sculpt.
So many options, but this looks like going to be the special one.
From all angles the H. Ford likeness is great.
Of course, it is all in the eye of the beholder.

Everyone will be surprised when they open their box, I promise.

Sorry to hear about the broken hat Cellar Toys.
That brim is so fragile.
Just a little patient for the replacement and it is all forgotten ;-)

Indeed, this could be the definitive sculpt.
So many options, but this looks like going to be the special one.
From all angles the H. Ford likeness is great.
Of course, it is all in the eye of the beholder.

Everyone will be surprised when they open their box, I promise.
Yeah I know Waruna will take care of me. Just a little more patience šŸ˜† and I agree this is a special one I think. So good.

Just got home and got this thing on my figure. Here are my thoughts:

If youā€™re expecting an incredible, in scale work of art or the best Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones likeness, you will not be disappointed. My jaw dropped.
The sculpt is better in person than in pics, if you could believe it. As is the paint job. It is outstanding.
Lastly, the packaging. It was so well packed and protected. Big wood box and foam inserts. Great presentation.

Now there are 2 things I want to mention.
I got the version with separate neck piece. I would like the head to tilt down a bit more ever so slightly. I feel like heā€™s looking up slightly. Not a problem and it got better with futzing.

Other note is the dust/dirt around the band is perhaps a little to thick on the edges, but I think that can be remedied by adding some dirt to the rest of my Indy.
Well thatā€™s my review. My Indy has never looked better. Thank you Waruna! Itā€™s incredible.
IMG_7508.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7509.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7507.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7500.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7499.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
@Cellar Toys I got you insuered brotha. And thank you for the review.

@The Rogster Thanks for the review bro. try a slight dremelling and itll fir better. With hard resin this is the issue I face with mainly on possabale parts. But the support you guys giving on these projects opens the door for me to try new methods and to do better at what I do. With the new materials coming out in 3d printing will helps to address these issues in the long run I believe. Agin thanks a lot.

@corellianfive
Hide Hiding GIF

Got my painted (neckless) headsculpt in today and all I can say is WOW! arguably the best Ford likeness we've had in this scale. @Waruna Weligamage your paintwork has also taken a HUGE leap forward. Beautiful presentation all around.

I also lucked out that the skintone damn near perfectly matches the body I'm using for my custom set up.

Thank you for the incredible work! Really looking forward to the repainted Han Solo sculpts

hey guys,

I want to sincerely thank you for the overwhelming support youā€™ve shown for this project. With over 100 backers, your belief in this endeavor means the world to me. For the upcoming versions, Iā€™ll be sharing updates in well-defined stages, and Iā€™m committed to making them more affordable.You will receive your balance tracking numbers via direct messages. If you havenā€™t received yours by Monday, please feel free to reach out to me directly.Once again, thank you for your invaluable support and guidance.This project is now officially closed.
Warm regards,
WW

Back