Newbie Attempt at Dio

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished the coils on the blaster and thought I would go crazy on a Marmit bucket that fell and cracked. I figured I would cut off the jowel and shave it down a bit ant then reattach it and touch it up with sculpey or something, sand it down and repaint.

I have often thought about doing it, but never had the courage because there wasn't a replaceable, professionally made, alternative if I made a mistake.

It's a total WIP and looks very rough, but I think it has the right shape and can be touched up and made new again.

Here they are:

I think it will make for a good alternative trooper behind the new HTs , for army building.

Thanks, brother. I got a long way to go to make that frown work and finish the details of the helmet......if you were also talking about that. We will see how it finishes.

Love the work on the Lewis gun. I've got a 21C that came with a set I bought for the Sten and this might be a good use for it.

I did some modifications to this dio. I'm going to rework the sand and I put a wall to give it a more finished look...wifey kept saying it looked incomplete:

Still more work to do...but I think it looks cleaner. This gave me some ideas for new dio backgrounds.

Thanks, gents. I still have a lot of work to do...I will add some pipes and improve the sand base while making a spinning area (base) where I can turn the figures for photography purposes.

I LOVE this dio.. and this shot is perfection..... everything is magic.. the natural lighting.. the subtle shadows the muted palette right down to the marvellous reflection the the troopers lens of his helmet... ohhhh perfection, perfection, erection in your direction..... ah nurse!! to far AGAIN

448D82A9-B575-4CF7-8062-27793758E4DA_zpsckqcnovj.jpg

I did some modifications to this dio. I'm going to rework the sand and I put a wall to give it a more finished look...wifey kept saying it looked incomplete:

Still more work to do...but I think it looks cleaner. This gave me some ideas for new dio backgrounds.

Yup! That looks fantastic! The wall does finish it off nicely. Well done!

Looking good! Your moisture vaporator is one of my all time favorites on this site.

Thanks so much, mate....that's a freakin compliment. Much appreciated.

I LOVE this dio.. and this shot is perfection..... everything is magic.. the natural lighting.. the subtle shadows the muted palette right down to the marvellous reflection the the troopers lens of his helmet... ohhhh perfection, perfection, erection in your direction..... ah nurse!! to far AGAIN

View attachment 248595

BaHahahaha...love it, Dorgmal...Haha. And ...wow! Thanks so much, brother...that means a lot coming from you..with all the epic work you do. From all of you...thanks so much. This really got me thinking about making stands for my figures and customs.

The mods look great mate.

Thanks, my man. I bought all kinds of kits because of your beautiful work.

Yup! That looks fantastic! The wall does finish it off nicely. Well done!

Thanks, bro! I'm so stoked at all the new figures coming out...daaang!

At a glance I thought the first shot was a movie still.

Too kind. Thanks, Weezer.

Hang a small Millennium Falcon in the background for forced perspective (preferably with with engine lights) and it would totally look like the escape scene from ANH.

Back