Oldboy by Cheungkinmen

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really awesome work Johnny. Did you use hair wefts or fur? I think his hairstyle would be better suited if fur is used since his hair in the film was really raspy and out of control. Awesome work as usual!

Really awesome work Johnny. Did you use hair wefts or fur? I think his hairstyle would be better suited if fur is used since his hair in the film was really raspy and out of control. Awesome work as usual!

That is potentially a really good call :)

Would you know where to purchase that from? Do you have a link maybe?

Thanks

I think the hair is perfect. I wouldn't change it. Someone can fluff it up if they want to. Probably use gel or something else if they choose.

I think the hair is perfect. I wouldn't change it. Someone can fluff it up if they want to. Probably use gel or something else if they choose.

If Johnny is willing, I would certainly like to compare :dunno

His hair in the movie is a bit rough and frizzy, maybe try running it through a straightener or an iron and kill it a bit? Maybe it would work.

I like the look of something like this

018_zps467bce69.jpg

https://www.craft-fabrics.co.uk/Qual_AC356P.htm

I don't see the hardship in trying something different and making a comparison? No need to rush this :dunno

Johnny maybe going for the end confrontation scene look which is what his current wip looks like:
oldboy12.jpg

oldboy0.jpg

But I guess people would prefer the frizzy look:
oldboy20030065075.jpg

Either is cool with me, I guess tho I would prefer frizzy too since he rocks it longer.

Hey guys, sorry I didn't mean to stir anything up. I just thought of his hair since I rewatched the film several weeks ago.

Teddy, I've seen some of my wife's BJD dolls use fur wigs. I think you can buy them on ebay. I know she's used some of the fabric fur that's bought at the local fabric stores too. I'll try and see if I can find some, but I think they're pretty easy to get.

Hey guys, sorry I didn't mean to stir anything up. I just thought of his hair since I rewatched the film several weeks ago.

Teddy, I've seen some of my wife's BJD dolls use fur wigs. I think you can buy them on ebay. I know she's used some of the fabric fur that's bought at the local fabric stores too. I'll try and see if I can find some, but I think they're pretty easy to get.

Hey don't apologise! It was a really good shout imo, something worth experimenting with if Johnny is up for it :pray:

If you could post as much info as possibe, that would be great.

I don't know about others but this is a Grail for me and at the stage it is at and all those wip pics it is living up to that, this figure just looks outstanding and we haven't even seen it completed, this is my first purchase with Johnny but he seems like a really nice and humble guy, I can't speak for him but I would think all constructive criticism would be appreciated and help this figure become even better if thats even possible haha.

I think the hair is great and will be great for all. Anyone with a hot toys Baby doll figure knows that if you even look at the figure, the hair gets all fluffy. They try and find products like wax to keep the hair flat and in place. I think a little fussing with it in hand and it will be what most of you guys want, IMO.

Sample of the suit should hopefully be shown towards the back end of this week :)

Awesome update on the suits!

Sorry for the lack of updates, been out of the loop for a while now. I hope to have something to show this coming week accessory-wise.

I am still waiting for the fur to arrive.

Back