Head sculpture Outback Warrior Max [Pre-Order Closing September 10th]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many of you would be interested in the following:

• Total voters
Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates. Just when I thought I was done, I decided to do some drastic changes to the shape of Max hair after viewing my references, so it has a much flatter, angled slope shape at the back. This has a bit of a knock on affect to the print model which is tricky to reproduce after drastic changes like this, so finding workarounds can be time consuming, but getting there.

I'm progressing on the neck version. I will also produce the injured version possibly both neckless and with neck. In the meantime it would be good to know exactly how many of you are interested in these other versions, so please respond to the thread if so.

Here is some progress pics of the neck version, the chest is made to fit the JX01 after cutting off the Jx neck. Also shows the face changes, though I want to make better renders later.

1723828928804.png

Hi @<BEASTMASTER>,

Thank you for the update. Are you open to suggestions and feedback about the look of his hair and jaw structure/ face? I appreciate if not though, seeing as you seem to be wanting to/ seem to have finalised the render now and based on what you explained about the changes knock on affect to the print model.

Best

Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates. Just when I thought I was done, I decided to do some drastic changes to the shape of Max hair after viewing my references, so it has a much flatter, angled slope shape at the back. This has a bit of a knock on affect to the print model which is tricky to reproduce after drastic changes like this, so finding workarounds can be time consuming, but getting there.

I'm progressing on the neck version. I will also produce the injured version possibly both neckless and with neck. In the meantime it would be good to know exactly how many of you are interested in these other versions, so please respond to the thread if so.

Here is some progress pics of the neck version, the chest is made to fit the JX01 after cutting off the Jx neck. Also shows the face changes, though I want to make better renders later.

View attachment 477374
Hi, looks great, I would like to see the Injured version if possible. I've already ordered one head, I'm thinking of ordering a second Injured one as well.

Hi @<BEASTMASTER>,

Thank you for the update. Are you open to suggestions and feedback about the look of his hair and jaw structure/ face? I appreciate if not though, seeing as you seem to be wanting to/ seem to have finalised the render now and based on what you explained about the changes knock on affect to the print model.

Best

Sure feel free to pm me and I will asses the feedback. At this point there wont be much change to the hair. Max hair changes throughout the film and is a crazy mess :D so this is more of an interpretation of it.

Hi, looks great, I would like to see the Injured version if possible. I've already ordered one head, I'm thinking of ordering a second Injured one as well.

There will be images up end of next week.

As far as I'm concerned, this is looking better and better every time you post an update. Very nice work!

Interested in an injured head as well...

Hey all, I'm finishing up on all my current projects in order to move on with unfinished and new ones, so ideally want to get Max wrapped up as soon as possible.

I've updated the first post with some new renders of the updated version. Please note the hair strands at the front are for render purposes. They will not be on the final print as I have left this area blank for people to add their own hair strands.

I will now be taking orders now for the neck/chest sculpt (normal and injured versions) as well as the neckless head injured version.

Please refer to the 1st post for price and payment details. I will need at least five orders of each to get these additional versions into production.

In the meantime for those who only want the neckless clean head, the print model is now done and production will start soon.

main.jpg

View attachment 477374
Hey, hope you’re doing well. I am also interested in the injured version with neck

I'll start work on the injured versions once I have at least 5 orders as with all other extra versions. Though people will need to start ordering if they are to happen at all. I will set a deadline sometime mid September before closing.

Hi Beastmaster, I'd like to upgrade my existing clean sculpt order (paid spot 02) to option number 3 please (with neck and chest clean) and retain my existing order for the option 2 injured sculpt as neckless (paid spot 01). Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well. I've been finding it hard to decide on which options to go for. I'd like one clean and one injured but am not sure on if I should get head only, head and neck only, or a mix of both. Could any of you chime in with your thoughts, what you plan to do with yours and or any advice, please?

Everyone I know doesn't like the JSX01 in general, mainly folks focusing on Indy customs, so that puts me off getting the all in one if it is tied to work with that body alone/ the best. I know Beastmaster's neck and head option is based on the S01 due to general likeness in terms of body, if I recall and because they said that the Dark Toys outfit would fit the S01 well because that outfit is based on the Iris one and fitted to an S01.

I had planned to get a Phicen for my Max to use with the PT outfit. But I think the neck is very important for the likeness of a character/ figure, for example Bruce Willis's wide neck and low sitting head. And Gibson had quite a wide neck, and so the neck and head option would benefit from that.

It seems like more folks here have opted for the head and neck option, be it clean or injured. Also, all, @<BEASTMASTER>, I have experience with Frankensteining bodies and know how to disassemble and reassemble one, so would fitting the chest to the S01/ another body be easy for me?

Many thanks,

fallinlight

Last edited:
I may make the fit thinner so ideally could fit with other bodies and still fit over the JX. Dipping the chest in boiling water for 5 - 10 seconds makes the resin more malleable, so you can in theory manipulate the shape to possibly fit other bodies.

Back