(SCAM?) Can I get my $300 back? Zhent Luvy.

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully

Reaction score
@zhentluvy

Please. You're an active community member, and a talented sculptor. I have tried to reach you across multiple platforms about an item I paid for a year and a half ago. I gave you many chances, and you've opted to ignore, ghost, and evade my request for a refund on an item which you never sent and I have long lost interest in.

On your socials you would appear an honest family man worthy of trust, and a person who takes pride in his faith. Please do the right thing.

Last edited:
@zhentluvy

Please. You're an active community member, and a talented sculptor. I have spent the last year and a half trying to reach you across multiple platforms. I gave you many chances, and you've opted to ignore, ghost, and evade my request for a refund on an item which you never sent and I have long lost interest in.

On your socials you would appear an honest family man worthy of trust, and a person who takes pride in his faith. Please do the right thing.
Oh wow, what's the order/backstory? They're on 1/6 Collector Freaks and possibly here as well as Kaizen Custom, I've seen some of their intro posts of projects they're doing.

Oh wow, what's the order/backstory? They're on 1/6 Collector Freaks and possibly here as well as Kaizen Custom, I've seen some of their intro posts of projects they're doing.
It's half payment for a Saul Goodman figure. I wasn't happy with the way the project was progressing, but I didn't want to say it outright. The first time I asked for a refund he actually responded. Said he would only return half what I paid, as the order had "proceeded" (He wouldn't even follow through on that offer, and it was the last time he would address me with knowledge).

I asked if he could return 200 out of the 300 I paid (Which I did reluctantly, as I thought the work was sloppy, and didn't even warrant the amount he'd excused himself with. But I thought I'd take some responsibility, and it was fair to let him keep some for material, initiation of work, etc..)

I then asked that he provided an update on the figure I had paid for. Also, silence.

Ever since, I tried reaching many times. Even baited him with new accounts to try and get his attention, which I did. But when I'd confront him again, he'd ghost without a word.

Last edited:
It's half payment for a Saul Goodman figure. I wasn't happy with the way the project was progressing, but I didn't want to say it outright. The first time I asked for a refund he actually responded. Said he would only return half what I paid, as the order had "proceeded" (He wouldn't even follow through on that).

I asked if he could return 200 out of the 300 (Which I did reluctantly, as I thought the work was sloppy, and didn't even warrant the amount he's excused himseldf with). Regardless, he didn't respond after that. I then asked that he provided on the figure I had paid for. Also, silence.

Ever since, I tried reaching many times. Even baited him with new accounts to try and get his attention, which I did. But when I'd confront him again, he'd ghost without a word.
Ok so there was progress that was provided thru a picture update, assuming headsculpt being sloppy?

Was this done via friends and family or Goods and Services? Also how was timing b/w all the updates? I ask all of that since this has been going on since the past year.

Ok so there was progress that was provided thru a picture update, assuming headsculpt being sloppy?

Was this done via friends and family or Goods and Services? Also how was timing b/w all the updates? I ask all of that since this has been going on since the past year.
It was the suit (It became apparent he commissioned a separate person for locally, something that wasn't disclosed early on) that looked really sloppy. Maybe even something you would buy off Ebay. We're not talking Yunsil quality here.

His sculpt was part of a run he was doing. I had seen a sample of it painted, and it also didn't reflect the price I was paying.

PayPal's protection window passed a long time ago. The last update I received was in last August (Which looked like early WIP of a similar suit to the one he showed a sample for).

That was when I approached him for a refund.

August** Was the last time he acknowledged me (on purpose).

I tried reaching him several times since.

This was the last exchange. When I baited him into answering on another Instagram account. Message seen. No response.

20240522_232828.jpg
20240522_232841.jpg

They're on 1/6 Collector Freaks and possibly here as well as Kaizen Custom, I've seen some of their intro posts of projects they're doing.
He's very active on different socials. Always promoting his work. And he does good sculpt work. That's what sold me initially. Albeit it was naive to entrust him with a huge amount upfront.

And I tried to take partial responsibility. I was polite. Apologetic. Understanding. And willing to compromise. But seeing the way he's handled things, I don't want to be. I want my money back. And he can go back to whatever it is he's doing.

He's very active on different socials. Always promoting his work. And he does good sculpt work. That's what sold me initially. Albeit it was naive to entrust him with a huge amount upfront.

And I tried to take partial responsibility. I was polite. Apologetic. Understanding. And willing to compromise. But seeing the way he's handled things, I don't want to be. I want my money back. And he can go back to whatever it is he's doing.
Alright so I've read everything (just got back from a long drive).

Was there a proposed timeline of when everything would be complete? Still want to ask this even though going to admit to you now that the situation looks bleak and you're out of $300. You can try an appeal with PayPal, you could attempt to go farther and go to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. If you have all documentation of your efforts and lack of replies plus a proposed timeline upon initial outreach which would help add to the case, even showing your efforts of a negotiated refund that you 1st asked outright, then possibly you have somewhat of a case.

You also need to make sure it's not spelled out anywhere on their socials or site, if they have one (never enlisted their services), that they don't do full refunds/refundable deposits.

He's gotten back to me now, and I think he's trying to stall. Regardless, the idea of pouring more money into his pocket is absolutely absurd at this point.

20240528_203657.jpg
20240528_203638.jpg

Was he asking for more money? I didn't see that. I think he said your $300 wasn't just to him, but multiple artists got a piece of the money to do their parts. As much as that sucks, it sounds like that money was spent to get this off the ground, not his "profit". It sounds like he still wants to make good on it but needs time. God knows we sometimes wait 2-3 years for these projects. I do understand your position and frustration, it sucks. Hopefully, you guys can work it out. Can we see the photo of the progress reference? Maybe he can even give you a different sculpt instead? Something that doesn't hurt him financially but gives you something for your money simultaneously? Good luck.

Was he asking for more money? I didn't see that. I think he said your $300 wasn't just to him, but multiple artists got a piece of the money to do their parts. As much as that sucks, it sounds like that money was spent to get this off the ground, not his "profit". It sounds like he still wants to make good on it but needs time. God knows we sometimes wait 2-3 years for these projects. I do understand your position and frustration, it sucks. Hopefully, you guys can work it out. Can we see the photo of the progress reference? Maybe he can even give you a different sculpt instead? Something that doesn't hurt him financially but gives you something for your money simultaneously? Good luck.
The $300 payment was partial. He's expecting me to go forward with the project and pay the rest. That is not happening after he'd ghosted me, when all I wanted was a bit of transparency. He's already shown he's not trustworthy.

2. The only money he's spent for outside work, is for the tailor. According to his claim, the tailor bailed after I wanted out of the project. Therefore:, it makes no sense he would go invest in another.

He's clearly lying, trying to stall for who knows how long, and save himself from public scrutiny.

And unfortunately, your response would indicate he might be able to succeed.

The $300 payment was partial. He's expecting me to go forward with the project and pay the rest. That is not happening after he'd ghosted me, when all I wanted was a bit of transparency. He's already shown he's not trustworthy.

2. The only money he's spent for outside work, is for the tailor. According to his claim, the tailor bailed after I wanted out of the project. Therefore:, it makes no sense he would go invest in another.

He's clearly lying, trying to stall for who knows how long, and save himself from public scrutiny.

And unfortunately, your response would indicate he might be able to succeed.
Did you manage to get a full or partial refund?

Back