SSC Hulk Premium Format Custom Heads

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spidey976

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well Everyone I have been talking about this thread in the Hulk Premium Format Thread, and now was the time to start it. So my plan is to try to make some of these heads for the Hulk PF, and I can do them in just about any of the three colours.

Head 1 (Buscemia)

Head 2 (Buscemia Scream)

UPDATED VIDEO

[video=youtube;zj7Re9Y6YQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj7Re9Y6YQA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Head 3

Head 4: Maestro

Head 5: UPDATE NEW MODERN RAGING HEAD WIP

Here is a bit of an update.... fixed a few issues.

e4387f6399e858f9577dbedc2c49628b_zpsugyndxuj.jpg

9553a0ac944c84744c5c524100eacd73_zpsohoxues0.jpg

5bbb254a95a77bdbaf8d55efcf0aa7a7_zpsnygqohtp.jpg

adf3664e94487439b920fd5b715595d3_zpsuchjezij.jpg

fdc23ab710a2622176c5ac07226689b7_zpszhynbb09.jpg

[video=youtube;gwdcwMef4ls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwdcwMef4ls&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This is an interest thread.... SO please indicate in your post which head/colour you may be interested in. I will add more photos and maybe even video turnarounds if people are really interested. I have no idea about pricing yet, if these happen, but I am hoping to have them molded, cast, and painted by a local guy and hopefully that can keep the prices reasonable.

Finally, if there are any other heads that you would like me to tackle by a different artist please post up a pick here, and or PM me. I am loving doing this so when in doubt ask.

Let me know if there is any interest guys, and if there is this will become an active for sale thread, and I will be joining the ranks of the Premium Freaks.... lol.

P.S. Since there is an initial cost to printing these I will need a certain "critical mass" before I can even afford to print these. So when in doubt show them off to some friends if one of the ones you like isn't getting any love... Who knows you might be pushing the numbers up high enough to get it done... lol

Last edited:
Interest List

Totals

Green

Head 1: 3
Head 2: 3
Head 3: 1
Head 4: 2

Grey

Head 1:
Head 2:
Head 3:
Head 4:

Red

Head 1:
Head 2:
Head 3:
Head 4:

Last edited:
As you know. I am interested in all 4 pieces. (Pending price)

Thank you spidey. Please let me know if you'd like help tallying up this thread.

I want 1 2 and 4. All green. I would love to help as well. Let me know.:clap

I'd also love to learn that program. Any help with buying and learning that software would be GREATLY appreciated.

Subsribed to these thread. I am interested with no. 1 and 2 headsculpt. Will wait for price.thanks for sharing and greattalent you have sir.

As you know. I am interested in all 4 pieces. (Pending price)

Thank you spidey. Please let me know if you'd like help tallying up this thread.

I want 1 2 and 4. All green. I would love to help as well. Let me know.:clap

Thank you Gents ... IF enough interest comes along I will get you guys to help me tally this all up. As of right now there isn't a lot of demand persay... I will give it some time... lol

Subsribed to these thread. I am interested with no. 1 and 2 headsculpt. Will wait for price.thanks for sharing and greattalent you have sir.

Thank you for your interest c2.

I'd also love to learn that program. Any help with buying and learning that software would be GREATLY appreciated.

toycrypt I will try to drop you a PM later tonight, but I gotta tell you that it is addictive.... lol.

First chance to check in, but really great stuff, Spidey. My interest runs 1, 2 & 4 with it probably being a choice between 1 & 2 rather than both, so I guess if you only ended up making 1 of the first 2, I'd be happy with either.

I assume you're going to lose the eyebrows on the Maestro head as discussed in the Hulk thread? I'm really liking that one.

All my choices would be for green.

Great Job and thanks.

First chance to check in, but really great stuff, Spidey. My interest runs 1, 2 & 4 with it probably being a choice between 1 & 2 rather than both, so I guess if you only ended up making 1 of the first 2, I'd be happy with either.

I assume you're going to lose the eyebrows on the Maestro head as discussed in the Hulk thread? I'm really liking that one.

All my choices would be for green.

Great Job and thanks.

I will keep you posted lucifixion... will add your numbers soon

Hard for me to pick with out seeing final product. So far I like 2 best and would want a Maestro. PM sent.

I will keep you posted lucifixion... will add your numbers soon

Great Idea, I just think your onto something with customs, But IMO in the next 10 years, 3D Printing will Kill alot of the Premium Format Statues.

Someone will just do a 3D scan of their authentic statue post it online, and anyone can 3D print an Exact 1:1 copy except for not being the same material. or even 3D printed from Power, (no color of course) and let you paint it to your taste. little touches like a faux cloth or faux leather mini Jacket can easily be bought off ebay.

Great Idea, I just think your onto something with customs, But IMO in the next 10 years, 3D Printing will Kill alot of the Premium Format Statues.

Someone will just do a 3D scan of their authentic statue post it online, and anyone can 3D print an Exact 1:1 copy except for not being the same material. or even 3D printed from Power, (no color of course) and let you paint it to your taste. little touches like a faux cloth or faux leather mini Jacket can easily be bought off ebay.

I've had this kick around in my head before, but thinking about, I don't think it'll have much impact. The body of the statue is the smallest part of a great collectible. Unless you are super talented and creative, you'll never get great final results from your own printing. It's just too much damn work. There may be some that do it, but they are a blip in my opinion. Think about it, you can do this now with figures, but how many people still buy Hot Toys and such instead of creating their own. The products that I think will be all but wiped out, on the other hand, are model kits and miniatures since they require all that work I mentioned, but those hobbyists are already doing it with those things now. Those industries will have to go to monetizing the 3D models for home printing if they want to survive.

Hard for me to pick with out seeing final product. So far I like 2 best and would want a Maestro. PM sent.

PM sent

I've had this kick around in my head before, but thinking about, I don't think it'll have much impact. The body of the statue is the smallest part of a great collectible. Unless you are super talented and creative, you'll never get great final results from your own printing. It's just too much damn work. There may be some that do it, but they are a blip in my opinion. Think about it, you can do this now with figures, but how many people still buy Hot Toys and such instead of creating their own. The products that I think will be all but wiped out, on the other hand, are model kits and miniatures since they require all that work I mentioned, but those hobbyists are already doing it with those things now. Those industries will have to go to monetizing the 3D models for home printing if they want to survive.

Well as cool as 3D scanners and printers are it takes a creator to make the pieces, and of people start ripping of companies like SSC by 3D scanning their work it is no different than a recaster, and that stuff doesn't go over well in the community. It is one of the reasons why I am careful to do my own thing with my sculpts and not try to say recreate the original Andy B PF Kirby head.... 1) he has mad game and skills I can't match yet, and 2) that is one of the quickest ways to get people to NOT want to work with you... People hate those who swipe the ideas of others. That is why these are all me, with some influences... I am still sitting on my main big project sculpt...lol

Last edited:
I don't know which I would pick right now... Probably not Maestro because the Hulk Body and pants don't fit the character... But your head sculpt is about perfect.

I don't know which I would pick right now... Probably not Maestro because the Hulk Body and pants don't fit the character... But your head sculpt is about perfect.

Thanks m8. I thnk I am going to bring the hair in a bit. I know MadX is doing a longer hair sculpt and I don't want to step. His toes. As for the body and pants, in one of the Secret Wars books he very much looks like this.... In fact the cover looks like the copied this PF a bit

I can't believe there's not more interest in these. Crazy...

Thanks lucifixion... I am hoping that some more interest starts soon, I will need a fair bit more interest before I can make any of these.

Oh and just in case anyone is interested here is the NEWEST head I have worked on ... It was a brand new start for me... right from scratch unlike most of my other headsculpts. I think it is much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQB3fPLcIaw&feature=youtu.be

Back