Full figure Willy Wonka by Cult King - SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reached out to Denny and heard back a few days ago, he said there has been a delay in the clothing from Iris. He didn't offer any timeline. Given some of the other posts in here about the lack of response from Iris on other projects, should we be concerned? I've never backed a custom like this before.

I reached out to Denny and heard back a few days ago, he said there has been a delay in the clothing from Iris. He didn't offer any timeline. Given some of the other posts in here about the lack of response from Iris on other projects, should we be concerned? I've never backed a custom like this before.
Concerned as in will you get screwed out of your money? No not at all. It just means there might be more of a wait than originally anticipated.

Understood. Thanks DoggieDoc. The concern was more about a potential change in the outfitter, deviation from the materials, etc.

I guess given most other figure / statue manufacturers' long waits and delays these days (I've been collecting for a decade, never been this bad), it's just par for the course. Should be worth it though -- I still think Wonka looks incredible!

Received an update from Denny, he also sent out a mass email announcing his retirement and that Wonka is his last project. He said Wonka is 70% completed and more time is being spent on paint apps, specifically the eyes, than on past projects.

Received an update from Denny, he also sent out a mass email announcing his retirement and that Wonka is his last project. He said Wonka is 70% completed and more time is being spent on paint apps, specifically the eyes, than on past projects.
A mass email to whom. You'd think he'd send that to people ON THIS PROJECT.

One of my favorite 70's movie characters - had I known about this, I would have PO'd on the spot, but sadly, I just stumbled on it today.

I got the email as well. I think I signed up for their mailing list a long time ago.

This is what it said.
The long cold winter has passed and spring has come.
Thesedays, the threat of the coronavirus, which has been bothering us for a long time, has become a daily routine.

Hello, everyone It's been a long time since I sent you an email.

CultKing Art entered the figure market in 2000 and has been with you for the past 21 years.
The brand name has been changed several times due to various external factors.

It's a long and long time, but it's inevitable that there's always a lot of regret left.
Willy Wonka, who is currently working on the project, will be the last one when the production is completed
We decided to close after one or two small limited editions.
I spend a lot of time and love on Willy Wonka.
We spent more than four to five months on eye paint than usual.
It's still about 70%, so I'd appreciate it if you could wait a little longer.

For the list below, we would like to have a Closing Sale.
If you are interested, please email us your order and delivery address and we will process it right away.

This Email should be the last Group Email from me.
Thank you sincerely for your love and support for cultking art.
I will pray that health and happiness will always be with you.

They also listed a bunch of items for sale, but I'd imagine they all sold out by now, just a variety of 1-2 each of various items from their back catalog.

updates on Denny's FB... This thing is going to be special!

Attachments

• Wonk 1.jpg
    Wonk 1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 65
  • Wonk 2.jpg
    Wonk 2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 66
Back