[YUNSIL] -PAYMENTS DUE 9/30/17- Patrick Bateman Double-Breasted Pinstripe Suit

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A proper accurate Raincoat Next.....Please!
(Notice the 3 Rings on the back vent)
apcpdb-raincoat1.jpg

Last edited:
Payment sent brother!

The coat looks better now for sure.

Overall this looks killer but I see a handful of things that could use a little adjusting. Sorry if the list seems long but I haven't chimed in this whole time during the updates, so I'm laying it all out at once :lol

-The suit should have a slight sheen to it and not be completely flat black. Don't know if it does in hand and the camera just isn't picking it up.

-The suit jacket could be a couple mm longer and the lapels a touch wider. This looks like a conventional modern double breasted jacket, but the one on screen had a little 80's flare to it.

-I think the pants can actually go for 5-7 mm longer. There was a noticeable break (bunch-up) at the shoe and the bottoms are dead straight and a bit too high as they are.

-The suspenders have a yellow dotted design on them (I think Yunsil is going by the suspenders he's wearing sitting on the couch when he asks Jean out to dinner, which are different than the ones in the Paul Allen scene)

-The blue of the shirt can be a shade deeper. Maybe not as big of a move up the spectrum as the updated tie from the original, but it's a little too light and powdery as is.

-The shirt cuffs should be able to poke out from the jacket cuffs a little.

-The overcoat pockets are flat (like Iminime's) and do not have the flap

I have all these screen shots as reference from when I helped Iminime with there release, but I can't post them since photobucket ****ed us. I can email them to you if you need them.

But everyone can see most of what I'm talking about if you study these two scenes. Much better if you have the Blu Ray

[video=youtube;cqX-tOVWCxs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqX-tOVWCxs[/video]

[video=youtube;Ruw9fsh3PNY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruw9fsh3PNY[/video]

I don't even know what kind of shoes he wears to be honest.

Iminime's are pretty much bang on. They just casted them in black resin and didn't paint them so they're too flat. A gloss coat or painting them gloss black should do the trick

Payment sent brother!

The coat looks better now for sure.

Overall this looks killer but I see a handful of things that could use a little adjusting. Sorry if the list seems long but I haven't chimed in this whole time during the updates, so I'm laying it all out at once :lol

-The suit should have a slight sheen to it and not be completely flat black. Don't know if it does in hand and the camera just isn't picking it up.

-The suit jacket could be a couple mm longer and the lapels a touch wider. This looks like a conventional modern double breasted jacket, but the one on screen had a little 80's flare to it.

-I think the pants can actually go for 5-7 mm longer. There was a noticeable break (bunch-up) at the shoe and the bottoms are dead straight and a bit too high as they are.

-The suspenders have a yellow dotted design on them (I think Yunsil is going by the suspenders he's wearing sitting on the couch when he asks Jean out to dinner, which are different than the ones in the Paul Allen scene)

-The blue of the shirt can be a shade deeper. Maybe not as big of a move up the spectrum as the updated tie from the original, but it's a little too light and powdery as is.

-The shirt cuffs should be able to poke out from the jacket cuffs a little.

-The overcoat pockets are flat (like Iminime's) and do not have the flap

I have all these screen shots as reference from when I helped Iminime with there release, but I can't post them since photobucket ****ed us. I can email them to you if you need them.

But everyone can see most of what I'm talking about if you study these two scenes. Much better if you have the Blu Ray

[video=youtube;cqX-tOVWCxs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqX-tOVWCxs[/video]

[video=youtube;Ruw9fsh3PNY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruw9fsh3PNY[/video]

Some valid observations here. Thanks Mike.
However, I don't agree with all of them. I would like other people's opinions since this is our project.

-The suit should have a slight sheen to it and not be completely flat black. Don't know if it does in hand and the camera just isn't picking it up. - I would hate to have to start over with new frabic after getting this far into the project and I can't really see the sheen you're referring to. I think it's fine as is.

-The suit jacket could be a couple mm longer and the lapels a touch wider. This looks like a conventional modern double breasted jacket, but the one on screen had a little 80's flare to it. - I'm not sure how closely Iminime followed your guidelines but Yunsil's is longer and wider than Iminime's. I think the length is fine.
35729784800_e5e0fa590f.jpg

Don't agree on the lapels either. I think they're wide enough. I went back and forth with Yunsil on the distance between the pinstripes and finally settled on 3.5mm spacing. This finally achieved the 5 pinstripes on each lapel. If we did the lapels wider we would need to go to 4mm spacing and believe me that did not look good on the suit.

-I think the pants can actually go for 5-7 mm longer. There was a noticeable break (bunch-up) at the shoe and the bottoms are dead straight and a bit too high as they are. - I do agree the pants can be slightly longer but not 5-7mm. This isn't a 1/1 suit where it bunches up nicely at the bottom. I think 3mm would be good (the distance between the pinstripes is 3.5mm for reference). Need to hear people's opinions on this one.

-The suspenders have a yellow dotted design on them (I think Yunsil is going by the suspenders he's wearing sitting on the couch when he asks Jean out to dinner, which are different than the ones in the Paul Allen scene) - The suspenders are the same in the scenes you're referring to but I do see what you're saying. I'll see if she can make the dots more prominent.

-The blue of the shirt can be a shade deeper. Maybe not as big of a move up the spectrum as the updated tie from the original, but it's a little too light and powdery as is. - I see what you're saying and it can go one more shade into a deeper blue. I'll ask Yunsil to show me some alternatives.

-The shirt cuffs should be able to poke out from the jacket cuffs a little. - The shirt cuffs are long enough to be able to pull out from the jacket. I just chose not to since you can only see the cuffs when he bends his elbows in the film and not when his arms are in a straight neutral position.

-The overcoat pockets are flat (like Iminime's) and do not have the flap - Send me some reference for this as I'm having trouble finding some. This should be an easy fix for the final run.

Again I would like to hear other's chime in here. We probably won't get another proto but we can still make changes for the final run.

I know I said pants are fine but after looking at it again I think pants being a tad longer would be better. Instead of 5 7 mm I might prefer 3 4.

Shirt and suspenders I am fine with how they are but wouldnt mind the changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final payment and shipping sent. Thanks for the reminder! Please note the instructions in the payment and let me know if there is anything else you need. Cheers!

I don't agree about the trousers being longer, the current length is perfect and anything longer would make the trousers bunch up towards the end which does not look good in 1/6 scale.

The shirt could be a deeper shade of blue but everything else is perfect.

Thanks for addressing everything and being open to suggestions brother :hi5:

The sheen on the suit is basic standard seen on many suits. Instead of being flat like a plain cotton, there is a slight shine or silkiness to it (it's not a super high sheen)

I only provided Iminime detail reference and not guidelines per se, but it is interesting to see the jacket is longer than theirs since their suit was tailored to that ZC body that was taller than True Types (and thanks for the side by side to sure us the leaps and bounds of improvement we're getting!). I do think the 1:1 jacket has sliiiightly larger lapels, is a smiiiidge longer and a bit baggier, but i guess none of that will translate well in 1/6 by adjusting anything here, so you're right, it looks good as is.

Certain things won't translate to 1/6 well, but I think lengthening the pants will play out well here. They are definitely too high as is. There are plenty 1/6 suits that have very futzable and natural looking breaks. We're not talking a cm here where it'll bunch and not lay right. But a few mm is minuscule in this case (especially if we're talking the space between pinstripes is 3.5). I think it needs 4-5 mm just to lay on the shoe and have enough slack to break. Just like Yunsil said, 1-2 mm isn't even a real difference.

I stand corrected on the suspenders. I was confusing the Jean/reservation scene with another where he's wearing different suspenders altogether. They are the same in the Jean and Paul scenes as you said, but Yunsil didn't add the dot pattern (which I thought was yellow from old poorer reference, but looks white in HD pics/vids).

For the overcoat, you can see the flat pocket detail in this vid (same black coat he wears earlier in several scenes):

[video=youtube;fnk_p4ReBk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnk_p4ReBk0[/video]

Thanks again for being open to my couple little quibbles and thanks for your effort in this! Looks tremendous and light years better than what we have! :hi5: :duff

I don't agree about the trousers being longer, the current length is perfect and anything longer would make the trousers bunch up towards the end which does not look good in 1/6 scale.

Agree 100%.

I would leave suit as is. Adding more length to this 1:6 suit pant will hurt the illusion of 1:1 accuracy. I also think changing the shirt color to a darker shade of blue would be a mistake. It's a subtle powder blue. Anything darker would overpower the extremely fine details of this 1/6 scale suit. As Dan commented....it's not a 1/1 suit so the suit as is now, optically gives off an exact replica in fit and color of what is on screen. The mere fact that Dan would work as closely as he did with Yunsil to get the exact number of stripes on the lapel jacket is quite remarkable.

Only concern I would have would be to just double check the Overcoat/Topcoat pockets. They may not be a flap pocket but rather Jetted Hip (insert) pockets instead.

This bamfstyle link is a pretty good source for getting some insight on what the costume designers had in mind for Patrick Batemans wardrobe. From what I can see in these most recent project updates for the suit, Yunsil and Dan have hit a bullseye with its translation to 1:6.
https://bamfstyle.com/2013/10/31/american-psycho-charcoal-pinstripe-db-suit/#more-3653

Excellent work Dan. Bring on the Raincoat next!

Last edited:
Back