ANH Buckets

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good! Are the lenses on the one on the right painted or cut-out?
. The lenses are cut out. I used black glossy stickers and applied them to flexible plastic and pushed them against the lenses from the inside.

Thanks guys. Good news, bad news. The bad news is I can’t get my connection to schedule time for the mic tip recasts. I plan to crash the place tonight and hope he’s there and has time. The good news is I bought my own vaccum pot and pump so I can do these myself moving forward with endless number of molds.

Sit tight..we’re almost there. Here’s some more photos of the second attempt...it’s going to work. Just need better casts and more skill detaching and reattaching helmet pieces.

View attachment 382551

View attachment 382552
Hey Will, that cast on the right is looking very crisp! The detailing on it is superb. Good job mate, can't wait to see where this project will end up.

What's kind of cool about this project as solo navigates the casting process is that the slight imperfections on the helmets coinincides with the making of the actual props back in the day.........the imperfections actually make them perfect......:lecture

Again SB.......great ****ing work......:hi5:

What's kind of cool about this project as solo navigates the casting process is that the slight imperfections on the helmets coinincides with the making of the actual props back in the day.........the imperfections actually make them perfect......:lecture

Again SB.......great ****ing work......:hi5:

Exactly this! Everyone ever so slightly different makes it capture the feel of the original helmets in the movie

Wow, you guys...thank you. It means a lot...this is really fun and I’m glad you guys are so stoked and supportive. Of course if any of you are dissatisfied we will work everything out.

Udated;

I created a new mold prep and it’s just waiting for degassed silicone and a pour. Should be done tonight and I can pop out 10 sets of speaker mics at a time. So it’s back to casting helmets this weekend. Stand by...just a few days away.

Will

Cheers Will for the update. As everyone has said already these are looking superb. May I also add many thanks for keeping everybody informed in the brilliant progress of this project too. Much respect. :hi5:

Thanks, Mancud. I’m really happy to see that you guys are so patient and understanding. I’m really stressed to make sure everyone is pleased. I just wish these guys would ship my degassing vaccum pot and pump. Aquired!

View attachment 382944

Waiting is not a problem SB. Your updates of your problems and success on these guys are an assurance that your putting quality and care into his great 1/6 custom project.

The new speaker mic mold is complete I can run 10 sets at a time now. I also printed new decals but I’m still not getting the shade of blue I want for the vents on the check. So I’ll have to dramatically change hue settings and the waste the decals to only get blue cheecknstripes. Stripes will be separate now and you can have your choice. Photos to follow. Almost there.

Waiting is not a problem SB. Your updates of your problems and success on these guys are an assurance that your putting quality and care into his great 1/6 custom project.

Thank you. I really care about making you guys happy. I appreciate the support and patience ..and encouragement.

Will

So I’ll give you guys options on decal color. I had to make some all blue to get a brighter blue cheek stripes.

Grey, grayish blue or any variation...I think I have them all.

1D79FEC9-B68C-4F7B-A1F1-392BECBB5243.jpg

F15B4DB4-B073-477D-8F53-9CE8FBDA99FD.jpg

8DE4B7D8-241C-4F34-A28A-7F9A9ED3A83B.jpg

*Fully Loaded includes: unpainted helmet, speaker mics, water slide decals

Udated Interest List

Adam1138 (4) Fully Loaded *no decals
d.r.37 (2) Fully Loaded
ZE_501 (6) Fully Loaded
mancutd (7) Fully Loaded
Spudtrooper (1)
Tworivers (2)
Bravomite (2) Fully Loaded
Agoinstes86 (3) Fully Loaded **revised
Uncannyx (4) Fully Loaded
TaliBane (1) Fully Loaded
TonTon (2) Fully Loaded
Paulcarson (3) Fully Loaded
OhHellNo (1) Fully Loaded
mah45 (3) Fully Loaded
cking (2) Fully Loaded
scottjua (2) Fully Loaded
generalgirevious (2) Fully Loaded
earthling37 (3) Fully Loaded
anwe (4) Fully Loaded

PAID

ZE_501 (6) Fully Loaded
Adam (4) Fully Loaded *no decals
d.r.37 (2) Fully Loaded
mancutd (7) Fully Loaded
OhHellNo (1) Fully Loaded
Agoinstes86 (3) Fully Loaded **revised
Scottjua (2) Fully Loaded

Update; Some orders will start going out this week.

I had the unfortunate experience of my second mold ripping/tearing (pieces ripping off on fine details). I’m so beyond frustrated..it was a new mold. So now I have to buy more silicone, which my supplier has said he is out of, or try another type of mold material. Additionally, I’ll be waiting for my vaccum pot and pump as paying to use someone else’s is getting expensive.

I might be able to get my material supplier to step in and offer some badly needed help on equipment use and with mold options..but I want to make sure only the best helmets go out.

The best laid plans can & Will go awry.........:gah:

I can say I'm in no rush & I'm sure you Will dial it all in and things come out awesome. If it was so easy everyone would do it.....:lol
You'll get there....:hi5:

I just purchased I gallon of a softer silicone by the same manufacturer. I just need to ensure the mold is thick enough so no shape is changed to the sculpt. Another 180.00 investment. Ok, as soon as my vaccum pot arrives I’ll pop out two more molds. I’ll be a molding fool. I’m thinking of doing two part molds and then just bonding the two in the shape people want...that’s down the road. We will see.

Solo you seem to be getting alot of molds that are splitting.
I use shore A27 silicone which is soft enough to pick up fine detail but solid enough not too split.
What are you using ? Maybe I can offer some advice
Peter

Back