BTTF 1/6 Plutonium Case

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottom printed

QnKDVp.jpg

So guys, one thing about the process that I hate is the post print work.
My printer is a very high resolution printer, most prints are beautiful and require little to no surface work.

Generally speaking what happens is after I do a print, I remove the major supports...anywhere supports make contact with the print surface what I call "stubble" is left behind. I sand down that stubble, and then go over the whole print with a buffing sponge, generally a 5,000 - 10,000 grit sponge to fine tune the surface before sending it to the casters.

While this is relatively easy, I just hate doing it. I have been on and off looking for someone I could team up with (and pay of course) to prep 3D prints for casting.
I need someone who enjoys doing this kind of work and is a wizard with sanding, bondo work if needed and the buffing/polishing. I would obviously cover all of the shipping and pay you a fee that we would work out together. In most cases I wouldn't be sending you 20 pieces of the same item, it would just be one "print master" that needs to be finished to be casted.

I want to stress that I'm not interested in anyone who knows how to use sandpaper. I need someone who is skilled at cleanup and enjoys doing it.

If any of you personally, or know someone who would be a fit for this, and interested, please get in touch with me.

Back