Custom Base and Background Interest

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thainer

Freaked Out!
Reaction score
(This is not a for sale thread or any kind of solicitation)
I recently met a sculptor and model maker who lives in my area and we have been brainstorming some stuff. He is not really all that familiar with the wonderful world of 1/6th scale figures but I have been giving him a crash course. One of the ideas we have been bashing around is light affordable backgrounds and bases. He is an amazing sculptor and has a wild imagination and I think people would be blown away with what he comes up with. The first 2 bases we are looking at creating would be a sort of European looking building facade and cobble stone street and a middle eastern sort of sand base with a sandstone wall. Our main focus is light and affordable (low material and shipping costs) so as not to bust anyone's wallets. We have already talked about the back piece being hollow a la some resin model kits to keep shipping weight down and material costs lower. We haven't started sculpting anything yet we are just in the early discussion stages of what to do and how to proceed so consider this a very informal market survey to gauge if there is anyone out there who would be interested in that sort of thing (we don't have any idea about prices and stuff yet-just rest assured they will be cheaper and easier to ship than some of the other dio pieces that have been previously offered.). And the military angle is just a starting point as it seems to be a very popular area among 1/6th collectors but my friend is very much into science fiction (especially steam punk) so if there is enough interest shown we may get into that area as well.
Here is his website:
https://aperture360.net/

That sounds pretty cool. Some sci-fi stuff would definitely be awesome, maybe Star Trek TOS. I look forward to see what you guys come up with, the stuff on the site looks awesome.

Awesome!

Would love to see some custom bases and background accents for the Avengers figures-- rubble and debris from the New York battle maybe?

Would also love a wall dio of the Ghostbusters containment unit.

A wall dio of the Death Star Window that's behind the Emperor's throne in Return of the Jedi?

Just some ideas. Good luck getting everything up off the ground!

I would like to see maybe an alley dio with like a brick wall, chain link fence, fire escape, some asphalt, sewer manhole, trashcan.

Would love some dio bases suitable to hold or hide figure stand y frames

Back