Joker cutoms, and modification thread

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7cd68e25768cc935fede9b9b0d5d8d87_zpsjfxlkayz.jpg

Here's my DX01, he's had his face repainted and been re-rooted. Repainted the shoes and swapped the blazer for the DX11 one and dyed it :) And just got the nurse outfit kit!

IMG-20170113-WA0024.jpgIMG-20170113-WA0023.jpgIMG-20170113-WA0022.jpg

Had this custom dx01 for awhile, decided to take some photos of it for the first time.

Hi there! Need some help from you guys. I am planning to kitbash my own joker tdk. I just got the knockoff costume & the jacket's color looks kinda lighter compated to original. Just want to know how to repaint it or dye it darker but I don't really know where to start. I've got no experience with customizing & would really appreciate if you guys can give me an idea on how to do it like what material to use, correct color, technique. Also, how do you add weathering to it.

Hi there! Need some help from you guys. I am planning to kitbash my own joker tdk. I just got the knockoff costume & the jacket's color looks kinda lighter compated to original. Just want to know how to repaint it or dye it darker but I don't really know where to start. I've got no experience with customizing & would really appreciate if you guys can give me an idea on how to do it like what material to use, correct color, technique. Also, how do you add weathering to it.

Is it the purple overcoat you want to try recolouring darker, or the grey blazer?

I got a OSK Joker sculpt in yesterday, and I want to redo the gloss on his eyes because they seem a bit dull to me. What would you guys recommend for such a thing?

After collecting for some years now I am finally attempting my first custom/kitbash figure.
I will use the DX Joker "Smiling Face" headsculpt for a kitbash Bank Robber. For this I have ordered from OneSixthKit the respective bank robber clothing set and a Narrow Shoulders TrueType body (v5). Hope this is a good match, especially the body. There are so many in the market, but I always heard that one should use a narrow shoulder version for the Joker. Once all parts are here I will upload some pictures and would then be interested in feedback and how to improve the result.

I may have bought the wrong body. The neck of the simling face DX Joker does not connect to the body I bought from OneSixthKit. Are those not compatible to Hot Toys headsculpts?

EDIT: My mistake. I should've bought v4 (without neck)...

So I ended up ordering a lot of knock off bootleg parts to build a custom Joker and the clothes set arrived today. I haven't handled an official Joker to compare it too but the clothes are actually really nice for $80. Well tailored and everything. Seller even included some hands that weren't advertised in the listing! Guess I wasted $17 ordering the exact same hands separately. 😆 If only I had known....

Anyways, the frustrating part is I think I got the wrong set. As far as I am aware there are 2 knock off Joker clothes sets you can get, one with a darker more rich purple coat and one with a lighter coat. I got the latter even though the darker one was the pictured one.

Do you guys think I could dye the purple coat to make it darker? I would prefer to NOT make the orange on the inside purple too....
b8572f571b865abd27e1bbcd59771380.jpg

After comparing to some pictures online though, the actual costume in real life on display is closer to the coat I got, but on film it appears darker. It's not a deal breaker for me but I still prefer the darker coat.

Back