Negan, Oldboy, Bourne, Leon, Sopranos, Private Ryan, Old Plainview, Jon Snow, Hannibal, Ray's custom work

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ray's custom works, projects, photography, bashes and fun stuff.

Thanks guys and any praise from the Master himself Mr. Les is well, amazing! Thanks Les when I get my Bonds I'm gonna have some fun I'll do your work justice but I know that the work will speak WOR itself I could snap shots with a disposeable Kodak and the stuff will still look kick ass.

Busy but tonight I'm getting the process up instructins WIP and links. Promise. Manji I want you to see that first so we can asses from there.

No worries mate, i fully understand and thanks for letting me know bud :D

Ray that's just badass. Also, I love the stylish photography.

Gotta love that Leon. Astonishing!

thath is AWESOME!!! omg i wish i wasnt too late in buying a feng sculpt

Was it the TTM-09 slim version you modded Ray?

Cheers bud :D

Raymond i want my figure to be just like yours!! Could you explain how you weathered the suitcase?

Thanks for all the replies guys, Ive had a few PMs about this with questions and im not ignoring and have started a big process post with pics and links, hang tight a little bit longer it will be up this week sometime. as well of some WIP from my next Project, Marlon Brando and his bike from The Wild One!

That is One outstanding LEON buddy...WOW!

can't wait to see how to make it !

congrats, Leon is alive ! :google

Your Leon is the best. My fiancee saw me looking at the pics and told me to buy that figure thinking it was something Hot Toys made and not a time/money consuming kit bash. And while she's happy toys make me happy, she never encourages me to get any of them at the prices they go for!

Are you going to repost other stuff you've made in other threads? I remember your Craig Bond being top notch and would love to see not just newer projects but everything you've made.

That's a really cool story K07 thanks so much for sharing! I'l lbe reposting all my stuff here in due time I've been so swamped with work I keep trying to get you guys the process and links for this, but i want to do it but yes Bond I'll re-post, Bourne, the Punisher lots to post and new pics to take should be fun! Ive also been working a lot on my next Marlon Brando project

OK guys got this finished...

01) I started with the Hot Toys slim truetype. I wanted to choose the body that not only fit best with the Heroic clothes but something that conveyed Reno’s lankiness. The narrow shoulder is too large or him but the clothes did not quite fit well on the slim unmodified. The pants had trouble closing so A LOT was cut off of the waist. The thighs were bulked out to make his pants look the right amount of baggy, you’d think the slim legs would have made them look baggier but that’s not the case. I bulked out the lats in an effort to make him more proportional overall

picture106r.png

The head is Feng’s amazing Leon sculpt. Undisputedly the best Jeno Reno likeness ever.
03) Here is a link to the glasses I used, now sold out. https://www.monkeydepot.com/Glasses_Dragon_WWII_Wire_Rimmed_p/d1203-e48.htm The clear lenses were popped out and replacd with my own cellophane lenses. Luckily a hole punch was perfect size for the lenses. I also bent back the nose piece because they came sticking straight out and it looked bad
04) The ring on the vest came from part of a safety pin
05) The bullet holder on the vest was slapped together from scraps I had. The real bullets I used are sold out from monkeydepot but they were something like these (not sure of these’s scale though) https://www.monkeydepot.com/Ammo_Toys_City_German_WWII_Rifle_Rounds_Metal_p/tcl0103-g253.htm
06) The clasp on the heroic vest was removed and a more accurate one was hodge-podged together using random jewelry clasps and things I took a chance at from jewelry dealer www.artbeads.net . The 3 tiny metal bolts to le left of the clasp on the left side? They’re pin heads.

picture107g.png

07) However a good .25 of an inch of not more was shaved off flush from the neck. It pained me to shave this original Feng but his neck was way too long, even for Reno…I had to do it. Glad I did.
08) Suspenders came from resident evil fat dude.. https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3001/2910547892_5e0fb1eb65.jpg painted black and the very bottom of how they connect to the pants were altered from two clasps to one, I glued them to the Heroic pants. the little metal clasps?? You know those gold color prong connectors you use to connect loose-leaf paper together at the holes? You get them at staples. I cut them from those and folded it over the suspender and glued it in place
09) The heroic white sweater was perfect. The turtleneck was wired but all I did? Just folded it under so it sat inside the neck hole then just stuck the head on. Easiest fix in the world and this way neck seam is hidden perfectly!
10) Pants are heroics. Unaltered except for the fact that I glued on a metal clasp from a spare hot toys shirt because their Velcro just sucked.

picture105.png

11) Got this gun from monkeydepot. It’s a lot more accurate than the long magnum the heroic came with. It was black but I painted it silver although HT Two face comes with an even better option than this, already silver
12) The case itself was weathered up to make it look less pristine
13) I found some old shipping labels online, printed them on very thin paper, painted on a watered down solution of Elmer’s white glue to stick them to the case than used my wet fingernail and scratched away in places to get the worn off look
14) Totally 100 percent custom designed milk label. Used references from the movie and painstakingly created it almost exact right down to the signatures on the text side. I’ll send the design to people but would rather do it via PM. I spent a long tine on this and don’t want it really floating around the internet in case some company one day decides to do a Leon and rips it off to mass produce it.

picture102e.png

15) Believe it or not this is heroic’s hat. I turned it inside out and VERY closely trimmed off all the excess bulk at the seams to ensure it fit a lot more snug to his head. I cut A LOT away. Then I just flipped up the lip one more level, glued it in place and repainted it with gray fabric paint to get it gray.
16) THIS great plant… https://www.the-doll-house-cafe.com/tropical-caladium-plant.html
17) Vest is from heroic. I repainted every single edge of this thing with an exact match of brown and it made all the difference in the world to get rid of that crappy frayed white edge seen here… https://lh4.ggpht.com/_1luLRXKoJM8/SzdNXz0N4EI/AAAAAAAAem4/tWDYvtFm594/s640/25leon.jpg
18) Coat is Heroics. Unaltered, its damn perfect.

picture108n.png

19) Shoes are from newline miniatures…. Great product https://www.goodstufftogo.net/html/catalog1.asp?ID=332
20) White socks…
https://www.monkeydepot.com/Socks_Newline_Miniatures_White_p/nl0104-xb178.htm

picture103.png

Hope this helps get the creative juices flowing. Good luck!!

Amazing!!! PM coming Raymondo :lol

Raymond, that is beautiful. The level of detail is immense, even down to the milk carton.

Bravo sir.

awesome work Ray . he looks brilliant. Thanks for all the tips , its appreciated. :D

Brilliant, love seeing your custom Leon.

Thanks for all the kind words guys hope the breakdown helps.

uscm hicks you wanted the milk right?? PM me your email address and i'l send it to you.

Here's what im working on now. Touch ups on the HT Wild One Brando and a custom 1950 Triumph Thunderbird modded as closely as i could while using the New Ray 1948 Indian die cast bike. I have to say I haven't really enjoyed working on this. haha. but I do feel it's totally needed if you are going to own this figure and it's the closest option in 1/6 form. they go for cheap too so that does help. It's hard to know what color this actually was due to the BW film but most replica pics suggest it was this blue. In time i will attempt the trophy too...

picture103a.png

IndianChief53603.jpg

dbimg00383.jpg

Back