Ready to order! -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has blown up in awesomeness!!! I would be ecstatic if we could get an Amanaman! Love the possibilities.

Little update, here's another variant of a nikto:

niktovariantrru9s.jpg

I'll prepare him for export and will upload him right after I walked the dog.

Hands can be done of course.

Thanks for the reference Steven, that sure helps, finally a picture with some clear depiction of the feet too, kind of hard to find pics of them. ( megabunions! )

I'll post some more updates once I got around to actually do stuff. :D

My time is very, very limited at the moment and I don't want to be spending it on things you can already get somewhere else, specially if the heads don't get ordered in the end like the helmet.

I'll definitely be ordering the helmet. I'm stuck in another country at the minute and its killing me that these are online now and I can't get him and order them.

niktohandssmpi8.jpg

niktohands25oqyi.jpg

more to come...

EDIT: Hands and the Nikto variant are now both up in the shop.

:gah:

Just bought some predator hands I found (right after I said they're hard to find - though these Pred hands weren't cheap.) Never thought you could do those that fast.:horror:lol

Will aim for those with the Niktos. Just want to see that the Klaatu is fine once it arrives, then I'm getting more. Never done the 3D print heads before.

Wow those look awesome, when that Tessek version of the Quarren comes up, those hands are going to be mine.:yess::lol

Still can't believe there's a possibility of a 1/6 Amanaman. :horror

About that, I was just on the phone with my mate who has the 3D printer and I was thinking about maybe making casts instead of individual prints. But I will have to see how much that would cost me, the Prints alone would be more than 700€ easy plus a few litres of quality silicone to get good results would also add a few hundred, then a few litres of resin...yeah loads of money I'd have to put in up front, which at the moment I just don't have. Being an artist is not about money, I know, but sometimes having some cash actually helps get stuff started and into actual production, while not worrying how to pay rent the next month and not having to starve... I don't want to annoy you lot with my artist blues though.
As mentioned earlier the shapeways prints only make me very little money and I will have to see how I make the Amanaman possible. At the moment there is just no way I can pull the financial part off for a resin production.
That said, the sculpt is already started however and if everything works out I might even have it finished sometime next week. In the meantime I'll think about how to make it possible to get him into an actual physical form without having to sell my organs. Since I did not charge a single penny for the sculpting of the heads and hands and whatnot, I'll have to do some annoying commission work inbetween to get some cash in so bear with me if it takes me a little longer.

Just throwing out a wish on that Nikto. If it's possible to mod a current model, otherwise I'll take a stab at it myself. ima-gun-di_45bbe38d.jpeg

He's on the list already. Do you really want him looking that cartoony though or were you after a more realistic version of him based on the cw guy?

Good god!! I leave for a few hours and come back to this awesomeness?!

Mati, your Tessek looks absolutely amazing! Not to mention the updated Nikto!

TAKE MY MONEY!!

So as far as this "list" goes Mati...

Has anyone asked for the possibility of a Saelt-Marae (Yak Face) 1:6 head with hoof hands?

Cause I would LOVE this guy.

YAK_FACE_GENTLE_GIANT_MINI_BUST_01.jpg

:lol it's up already.

For a head like Tessek, is the difference between White Natural Versatile and Smooth Fine Detail huge? Like is the WNV noticeably rough, have a lot of print lines and take a lot of sanding to even get it looking decent, and you lose maybe a third of the printed sculpt detail versus SFD?

The price is more than double ($56 vs $122) for the SFD and I do have decent customizing skills enough to do clean up/sand etc. on a WNV head, but if the SFD has really noticeably superior print detail and requires little to no clean up the SFD might be worth that extra $$.

Especially because this particular head is different from all the others with those finely sculpted/delicate (and hard to sand I would guess) tentacles on the mouth.

It's a truly gorgeous sculpt...:clap:love

etoQMkD.png

Sure, right after amanaman. Please find some xtra reference for me.

I was referring to yak face, TaliBane was just quicker to respond. :D

Back