Ready to order! -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a head like Tessek, is the difference between White Natural Versatile and Smooth Fine Detail huge? Like is the WNV noticeably rough, have a lot of print lines and take a lot of sanding to even get it looking decent, and you lose maybe a third of the printed sculpt detail versus SFD?

The price is more than double ($56 vs $122) for the SFD and I do have decent customizing skills enough to do clean up/sand etc. on a WNV head, but if the SFD has really noticeably superior print detail and requires little to no clean up the SFD might be worth that extra $$.

Especially because this particular head is different from all the others with those finely sculpted/delicate (and hard to sand I would guess) tentacles on the mouth.

It's a truly gorgeous sculpt...:clap:love

etoQMkD.png

I personally would not recommend the white versatile stuff. It might be half the price but also is half the quality. It lacks detail and the surface is rough like fine sand. I honestly think it's not worth it and it WILL require loads of work on your end to get it halfway decent. The material is also horrible to work with.

Re: Interest in Djas Puhr and Labria Cantina aliens

looks like we might get some out fits made. I have 2 customs from MYC and they are great, I'll contact them.

sweet get one made for tessek then I will finally have a 1/6 squidhead in my collection. thanks lopie for getting the ball rolling.

I totally agree. Today is a SW break...commission stuff to get some cash in. I'll continue tomorrow and will keep you guys posted.

I contacted the taylor today, about Squid head's outfit. When she responds I'll ask about price and how many people need to commit to the project. I'll start a new thread when I get some answers.

looks great wont be getting mine for a couple of weeks as my heavy bills are due :mad:

Yeah, I was just about to pull the trigger, then I realized I should probably wait until the Klaatu head arrives just to see the size is okay and get used to the print material. I think it should be delivered within 2 weeks. Still getting used to the idea of 3D printed heads even though they've been around for a long time.

But wow that Tessek looks amazing. Hoping we can pull together a whole Tessek fig for around what a Sideshow fig would be (somewhere in the $230 range.) And who knows if Sideshow could have gotten as good of a sculpt.

Sure, right after amanaman. Please find some xtra reference for me.

Not sure if you mean Amanaman but here's all the ref I have.

You can also go to Rebelscum and view Hasbro's 2002 figure (pics from all sides,) which is quite a good/accurate sculpt:

https://www.rebelscum.com/POTJdeluxeamanaman.asp

There's also a pic in the Rebelscum gallery showing the hasbro Amanaman next to a regular 6' tall human figure. In 1/6 he should be only a smidge over 12" tall.

The B&W pic below is for relative size to Gamorrean Guard; Amanaman is just behind him. Sorry for the image dump, guys....

(Note - the two very similar looking pics below are actually two slightly different angles to show the staff from two sides.)

AcZHg2Q.jpg

BNylx7k.jpg

8FEBpbh.jpg

ffjUzqF.jpg

yFykRdC.png

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant for yak face. And I only need one or two more pics, ideally one with a side view. The front view in the thread is good enough to base the volumes on.

If the gamorrean guard is about 1,70 m or 1, 80m then amanaman would be around 1, 90 to 2 metres tall. That's a good approximation to base the final size on I'd say.

Also Ephant Mon looks more and more interesting....just saying. :)

That's another grail figure for me. He'd pretty much be the centerpiece of any Jabba dio or display. Here's a rare quick pic that shows his feet (but the hasbro figure is a pretty good and accurate sculpt too.) What's great too is that there's no body to sculpt - though the head's huge. Love how Salacious is on his arm here.

5zJCApM.jpg

Last year some ( insert favourite insult here ) broke into my basement where I had a pretty huge and almost complete collection of still packed and mint POTF figures and stole them from me, I had been collecting them for years during my early youth and spend basically all my pocket money on them. They didn't steal anything else btw. Some of the sculpts were really good. If I'd only known back then I'd be a sculptor now and not a ( insert "propper job" my parents would have loved me to become ).... So sculpting these now is quite fulfilling and sculpting in the larger size is also a nice change from the usual 28mm figures I do for a living, there is only so much detail you can get into a 4mm head, plus it's way better for my eyes since on the PC I can actually just zoom in instead of using magnifiers for hours.

THanks for the reference search, it sure will help and the less time I spend on searching for reference, the more time I can spend sculpting.

EDIT: yes they really are good reference ( Yak face ), however in one of Lopies threads, there were casts of him already made, so not sure it makes sense to sculpt a new one if there already is a version available?

I think there's more than enough need for your versions of already done sculpts. I think most of those sculpts were done by Enaud, but he seems to have disappeared or he's only supplying to a select few people. Someone else could fill in the details better than me, but the more sculpts the merrier I say.

Yakface is one of my favorites.

Yak Face My custom.jpg

I also would like an Ephant Mon because I don't have one of those, yet.

It is wonderful to have options, but I admit that I would probably purchase characters and creatures that I don't have first. There are so many 1/6th scale characters I want.

Love what I am seeing here. Thanks so much to everyone!

ephantmon I'd be down for one too. That and the Yak are my grails. I was jealous Grevious got to it before I did. But, I'm happy for him I was going to ask him for partial custody.

Back