Ready to order! -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I gotta say when I'm having a bad day or a rough patch, I just come to threads like this and marvel at your guys' work. And now thanks to Mati, Lopie and a few other guys, I can start kitbashing some Star Wars Creatures too. I f*#&n' LOVE this hobby.

Mati, you are right about Yak Face. Lopie sculpt is perfection and a great option. I think your talents are better suited to the formerly unattainable like, Amanaman, Ephant Mon, Tessek and a few others that we never thought we could get our hands on.

I'm not mentioning any others (rhymes with Argent Tonalyn ;) ) just yet cause we have to let the chef create his masterpieces! I'm just wondering. Are you using Z Brush?

Yes I am, it's an awesome tool and huge fun. And cheers for the compliments. Once Amanaman is done I would love to create a few weapons for a little change from organic stuff to some hard surface things which I really enjoy, they were always a huge pain in the gluteus maximus to make by hand before Zbrush, creating layers upon layers out of filed plastic and using brass tubes etc. So if you guys happen to have some reference for the Klaatu staff weapons ( and someone mentioned some blaster earlier in the thread ) that would be great. I only was able to find pics of the small plastic weapons fromt he 80s and they are not nescessarily screen accurate. So yeah after those are done I'll have a crack at that other Nikto and Ephant.

Yes I am, it's an awesome tool and huge fun. And cheers for the compliments. Once Amanaman is done I would love to create a few weapons for a little change from organic stuff to some hard surface things which I really enjoy, they were always a huge pain in the gluteus maximus to make by hand before Zbrush, creating layers upon layers out of filed plastic and using brass tubes etc. So if you guys happen to have some reference for the Klaatu staff weapons ( and someone mentioned some blaster earlier in the thread ) that would be great. I only was able to find pics of the small plastic weapons fromt he 80s and they are not nescessarily screen accurate. So yeah after those are done I'll have a crack at that other Nikto and Ephant.

I think I have ref for those weapons - will have a dig.

For after Amana and Ephant and those other bits, one set of sculpts that would sell a ton would be a Max Rebo band. There'd be a ton of people interested in those. Sideshow even announced they were doing them maybe five years ago but never did them and gave up on it. They would be of interest to even more casual SW collectors.

They wouldn't even need much articulation at all - maybe pin spin arms/neck for Max Rebo and Sy Snootles, but no wrist, leg or waist and they'd be fine with no articulation at all.

I would love to have 5 of these.

dl18.JPG

Max Reebo and band, noted! Would love to have a go at them. Taking a break right now, studio feels like Satan's armpit...

Thanks for checking for reference guys!

Any chance some Mon Calamari may be on the list also? Raddus would be a nice addition.Admiral_Raddus_EW.jpg

Not so cool news, I just got back from the hospital, I broke my hand. Next week I will have surgery. Sculpting will have to wait a few days or rather weeks. But then, sure Mon Cal to the list.

I would love to have 5 of these.

View attachment 411559

The new Luke Jedi from Hot Toys comes with one, but it looks a bit too small when viewed in the fig's hand (same with the old Sideshow one), and some elements of the sculpt weren't great - the trigger and trigger guard are really wide and blocky looking. The older Hasbro 12" one is - of course - a bit too big, even though it's a slightly better looking sculpt than the HT one (though obviously less detail.)

But yeah - I'd love to have about 5 of those.

Not so cool news, I just got back from the hospital, I broke my hand. Next week I will have surgery. Sculpting will have to wait a few days or rather weeks. But then, sure Mon Cal to the list.

Whoa... sorry to hear. Hopefully it's not a bad break!

Unfortunately it is. Os metacarpale V broken in 5 pieces and pointing all sorts of places. So will need surgery next week. I already miss sculpting :(

Oh man! Mati, I'm so sorry dude. I've had a broken hand before too. As much as it sucked, it healed pretty quick. Stay positive buddy!

Sorry to hear that! Hope you have a speedy recovery and that you can get back to sculpting soon! Thanks for your work thus far, it’s much appreciated!
How’d you break your hand- punching something? Lol jk

Cheers guys, really appreciate it. Not being able to sculpt is killing me tbh, it's my life and passion. Only positive aspect is I get to catch up on movies. Last Jedi was awesome!

As for how it happened...let's just say physics is a heartless c***.

Little update, surgery tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it, no more shifting bone fragments....

Good luck, I hope it goes well and that you have a speedy recovery! Keep us updated on your progress.

Back