1:6 scale Gonk kit

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based mostly on the Sandcrawler one, as well as some official blueprints I found online-

Kits are rolling of the production line- and should be shipping out soon. Balances can be paid as soon as you're ready- and you'll be on the list to ship out.

Started playing with painting techniques on this guy! Lots of fun to weather.
Gonk Paint.jpg

Thanks- that's what I was going for!- just needs some orange details-

Looks awesome. Scale is good too. You should add a little simple black antenna piece like the Kenner figure had as a little vintage nod like Sideshow does.:lol

And was this the gonk you used as reference? Looks somewhat close in details and shape. I think it's from the Battlefront game.

daniel-cuatt-2016-09-12-12-00-16-mos-eisley-main-a-64-bit-pcd3d-sm5.jpg

Never noticed the gonks are different proportions. The sandcrawler one seems skinnier/more vertical than I remember:

sandcrawler_gonk.jpg

That's a great shot from Battlefront- I had never seen that pic! Great reference- we must have worked from the same blue-prints ;)

There was actually a game type (capture the droid)where the Gonk was the centre of attention. Loved that !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First run of kits will be in hand 2/7 and will ship soon after. Now's the time to get in on the run, and/or get your deposits paid!
Thanks.

What’s the best stuff for filling gaps in resin? I have some stuff i’ve used on my models but I have a feeling it won’t have the same effects on resin.

I use Liquitex Modeling paste from Joannes or Michaels craft stores. Hardens solid and can be sanded.

Any cracking issues? I’ve heard epoxy putty was less prone to cracking. Newbie to resin kits and just don’t want to invest build and paint time to any future problems.

Epoxy putty is pretty heavy duty and would certainly do the trick. Kit doesn't require much work- just the seem where the top and bottom halves meet.

Back