1/6 Suit for Don Draper "Mad Men" - By Toria *Painted Pics of Trevor Grove's Sculpt*

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarfMaster

Super Freak
Reaction score
1/6 Suit for Don Draper "Mad Men" - By Toria *Painted Pics of Trevor Grove's Sculpt*

Hey Freaks! As some of you may or may not know, Trevor Grove plans on sculpting Jon Hamm as Don Draper from the fantastic Drama on AMC, "Mad Men." No pressure on Trevor, but being the sculptor that he is, I think we all can agree that it will be a sculpt worthy of a quality bash.

That is where the lovely new tailor, Toria comes into play! I have talked with her, and she is absolutely interested in making a suit for Don Draper. As you know, "Mad Men" is a period piece, so there are subtle differences in the clothing that are very important to its "authenticity." And since I feel Don Draper's suit is an integral part of his character, I think it is important that these subtleties are accounted for, and executed well.

This is strictly an interest thread for now, as I understand a majority of you will not want to purchase anything until Trevor's sculpt is revealed. I just want to get a jump on the project and compile a list, so that when the time comes, we will be ready to move forward!

This will be an incredible suit made with my best skills, i'm a confirmed professional in the luxury clothes (Haute Couture)."[/B]

Here is a picture of what I think would be a good choice of suit for production:
DonDraper.jpg

A breakdown of the essentials...
draperstyle.jpg

Here are the first WIP photos of the shirt, I began by the most important part on a shirt, the collar!
I have the Don head sculpt by Trevor so I was able to tailor the collar at the perfect size for the neck of this head.

I'm working on the patterns, the fabric used for the elaboration is not the one that I will use for the final version. Final version will be made with a silken fabric of very high quality. Button will be sewn.
FINAL VERSION WILL BE MADE WITH A REAL SILKEN FABRIC TO HAVE A NEAREST RESULT TO THE DON DRAPPER SHIRT.

579552_310289692340823_100000793830647_409576_549727430_n.jpg

Collar close-up:

580300_310289755674150_100000793830647_409577_1287816118_n.jpg

460690_310289799007479_100000793830647_409578_486531777_o.jpg

I hope you will enjoy the first work in progress photos!

Take care,

Toria

550564_336955959674196_430922959_n.jpg

Trevor's Sculpt painted by SilentSurfer.

DonDraperFront.jpg

Interested:

1. MarfMaster
2. ShortRound
3. Raymond Ferraro
4. chilipep66
5. Gruff Old Bear
6. senbi575

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Suit for Don Draper "Mad Men"

I'm not Interested but good luck to both you and Toria. This suit looks awesome and I'm sure it'll look amazing when Toria completes it.

Who is Toria bud?

Please forgive my ignorance :monkey3

2. Shortround

Added, homie!

Who is Toria bud?

Please forgive my ignorance :monkey3

She's only just joined SSF and started showing her work :)

Here is a link to a dress she's working on:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106067

And a shirt/pants combo:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106224

I've asked her for links to more of her work online, will update the thread ASAP :rock

awesome project here cant wait to don draper sculpt

Wow thats some nice stuff there bud :)

Be great to see this take off then and to see the end result.

Good luck mate

Re: 1/6 Suit for Don Draper "Mad Men" - By Toria

I'd be interested depending on how it turns out. I'm going to be honest though, Don's suit's are so tailored I've yet to see even Kato churn out something like this in 1/6. I'll be watching closely though.

I'd be interested depending on how it turns out. I'm going to be honest though, Don's suit's are so tailored I've yet to see even Kato churn out something like this in 1/6. I'll be watching closely though.

Cool wofford, totally understand :duff Your point about the tailoring is precisely why I think having a custom suit made is as important to the figure as the sculpt itself. And FYI, anyone interested, I'm thinking TT advanced for Don's broad shoulders.

I can't swing something that pricey, but I cannot wait to see what you guys will come up with. I've made it my mission in life to live every day like Don Draper.:lecture

I can't swing something that pricey, but I cannot wait to see what you guys will come up with. I've made it my mission in life to live every day like Don Draper.:lecture

:exactly::hi5:

If that's true you'd make an irrational decision to give yourself power over a decision that's annoying you... So basically you'd take a drink and buy this suit!

If that's true you'd make an irrational decision to give yourself power over a decision that's annoying you... So basically you'd take a drink and buy this suit!

Drapered!

TM:lecture

Back