afro samourai by HANOUMAN

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished some heads

Awesome paint job, Seb! I'm always amazed when someone can paint multiple things at high quality over and over! Wow!
Here's a new pic I'd like to share of my Afro Samurai again, this time with a custom stand with decals by Evilface to complete the look. Hanouman's awesome Ceremonial Predator Mask which I painted in a different color scheme to match the Shadow Predator armor in the background. :)

AFROPRED.jpg

How did u do the headband at the back of the head to get the effect Is that plast wire you used?

How did u do the headband at the back of the head to get the effect Is that plast wire you used?

Sorry, I can't tell you... Ancient Chinese secret...! Just kidding! It's 1/8" or 3mm sized wired ribbon. I was hoping to find it in white, but I had no luck. The closest thing was a silvery ribbon which I simply spray painted white. Worked out just fine and you can bend it any way you wish which was the effect I was going for! :)

Thanks Emarae !! Appreciate your words :) I like paint it, veray interesting head.

Your Afro is the better I've seen, I look on it for do mine.
And the ribbon is a great idea, but I don't have anything for do that.
I've thinked about thermo strip between 2 small strip of fabric, I will try something with this soon.

Thanks Emarae !! Appreciate your words :) I like paint it, veray interesting head.

Your Afro is the better I've seen, I look on it for do mine.
And the ribbon is a great idea, but I don't have anything for do that.
I've thinked about thermo strip between 2 small strip of fabric, I will try something with this soon.

Seb,

Thanks again for your kind words! This Afro head sculpt and the Ceremonial Bio Mask are my first full custom paint jobs. I'm glad they came out nice so far. I think being an artist helped, but there was a lot I learned along the way! Still lots to learn! Whew!
Good luck with the ribbons! I also considered cutting 2 small strips of fabric, but I was afraid I might not be able to cut it evenly and also the cut ends might get frayed. I also worried about gluing it together as it might be too small to stick properly together... If you have problems and if I can help, I can pick up some more of this ribbon for you at my local craft store. I think it is only about $2 for a small roll. I'm not sure how much it is to mail to you, but we could discuss that if you are interested. Also, you will have to paint the ribbon as I mentioned earlier as it is a silver color.

Thanks !! I will try with the fabric and see what happen in first.
After that maybe try with ribbon ;)

Here's mine, such a great head sculpt.

photo22.jpg

Looks awesome! :clap I love how you put the ear rings on him and I was thinking of doing the same with mine. I was also considering weathering him a bit too, but I might just do it to the pants though... What did you use for the ear rings?

It was some beading ring accessories that my wife had, you can probably find them at Walmart or any bead store. They are easy to bend around the ear.

daaamn! these are great. game was so bad i quit tho. but these customs may inspire me to pick it back up.

where'd you source the outfit and sandals?

daaamn! these are great. game was so bad i quit tho. but these customs may inspire me to pick it back up.

where'd you source the outfit and sandals?

forget the game and watch the show and then the movie. that's the true afro samurai.

Looks awesome! :clap I love how you put the ear rings on him and I was thinking of doing the same with mine. I was also considering weathering him a bit too, but I might just do it to the pants though... What did you use for the ear rings?

It was some beading ring accessories that my wife had, you can probably find them at Walmart or any bead store. They are easy to bend around the ear.

Alright! You gotta love the forums..! So many ways to share and inspire! Anyways, thanks to Senbi575, I had the nerve to rework my Afro Samurai just a little bit more! Now I think he's mostly done. I might still change the sword hilt at some point, but I think I can put him away for now! Haha..! Additions this time include ear rings, weathering to the pants and shirt, the string to the end of the sword, and a very slight greenish tint to the hair (as he is described having in the anime). Enjoy the latest pics! Whew! :lol

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Looks awesome man, glad I could contribute!

Thanks, bro! I had ideas about doing the ear rings and weathering, but didn't think it needed it until I saw your version! I get scared of doing weathering sometimes as I don't want to over do it and I often like the clean look, but as a custom figure I think this needed more personality! So thanks again for sharing and helping me go the extra distance with this custom! :hi5:

hey Hano....i still haven't received my headsculpt....its been almost two months.....please let me know something....thanks

ok all done here's a couple pics i have more in my customs section thanks hano what a awesome sculpt!!!!!!!!!!! and yes the joint is removable lol!!!!!!!!
103_5382.jpg
103_5387.jpg
103_5390.jpg

ok all done here's a couple pics i have more in my customs section thanks hano what a awesome sculpt!!!!!!!!!!! and yes the joint is removable lol!!!!!!!!
103_5390.jpg

Bro! Your Afro Samurai came out awesome! :clap So cool seeing all the different takes on this cool character! The ACI body was a great choice! I just went with the one I had as it was a spare that I couldn't find a use for, but I may have to switch it over to the ACI version someday. I originally didn't want him too buffed out and would've liked to see him on a leaner body the way he looks in the anime, but I know that would also be tricky to pull off. Love the blood!!!
I have a 1/6 cig/ blunt too but couldn't figure out how to fix it to his lip without it falling out all the time. What did you do for yours?
Anyways, I hope to see more pics from other bashers and their take on Afro Sam too! :)

Bro! Your Afro Samurai came out awesome! :clap So cool seeing all the different takes on this cool character! The ACI body was a great choice! I just went with the one I had as it was a spare that I couldn't find a use for, but I may have to switch it over to the ACI version someday. I originally didn't want him too buffed out and would've liked to see him on a leaner body the way he looks in the anime, but I know that would also be tricky to pull off. Love the blood!!!
I have a 1/6 cig/ blunt too but couldn't figure out how to fix it to his lip without it falling out all the time. What did you do for yours?
Anyways, I hope to see more pics from other bashers and their take on Afro Sam too! :)

thanks bro i went with that body only because it doesn't have too many joints. he's a little bigger than he should be as far as muscles go but most of it is covered up. the blunt was made from the flexible metal wire then i sculpted over it and left a little bit of the metal sticking out of the end and pushed it in the mouth and it worked fine no gluing required and it removable.

Back