alain delon le samourai (HS) 1/6

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
small updates:)

S6wTp.jpg

Guys!When Shorox started that one we was:1. Mstradford
2. Gido
3. Bob Falfa
5. Amarcord
6. Pierre Niox
7. Maxxyron
8. RaymondF
So-Pierre, Maxxyron, Raymond-we are waiting you here, guys!

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

That was before the price Gido.

I've seen that trend everywhere. I started buying hs when prices were around 50 shipped. I thought it was expensive. One or two years ago, some sculptors started to sell heads for 70. I thought it was outrageous, but bought them because, still, shipping fees were acceptable.

Then, shipping fees increased making a head sell for a grand total of 85/90 bucks. That when I began hesitating.

Now, Vimal or Shprox start asking for $100, + PayPal fees + shipping.. You get, bare, unpainted heads for about $120.

Sorry, I'm not going to help this trend go further or soon they'll start asking even more.

I want Vimal's John Wick more than Delon, and yet, I refuse to buy it because of the price, so, there's no way I'm going to get Alain Delon, even if the price dropped to 85.

Sorry, as I said, im out. Im not going to help this despicable trend follow its course. You have to draw a line somewhere and this is where I draw it... :)

Here we had too less people to make it happen with any profit for artists for less price.But as you see-I just paist old list, but your name is not in last sentence-I'm calling for Ray, Pierre and Maxxyron )

I also always thought head copy should cost less as 50 before had experience with all those details of making of head.

See, that's the thing. Sculptors these day just follow HT and try to push the envelope.

The truth is, if you're an amateur, making, casting, selling and shipping a head costs less that $20. And you still make a profit if you sell many.

A professional has more costs. They need to pay for better material, so let's say that we double the price here. So $50 is acceptable (though on eBay you can get a painted sculpt for $30), even, up to $70, as I said.

But to think that they'll make better profit because the prices are higher is just a fallacy. I would have bought most of Rocco's sculpts if they had been $50 shipped. Instead of that, I've just bought a very small handful. So, higher prices only means less buyers and therefore less profit.

That was before the price Gido.

I've seen that trend everywhere. I started buying hs when prices were around 50 shipped. I thought it was expensive. One or two years ago, some sculptors started to sell heads for 70. I thought it was outrageous, but bought them because, still, shipping fees were acceptable.

Then, shipping fees increased making a head sell for a grand total of 85/90 bucks. That when I began hesitating.

Now, Vimal or Shprox start asking for $100, + PayPal fees + shipping.. You get, bare, unpainted heads for about $120.

Sorry, I'm not going to help this trend go further or soon they'll start asking even more.

I want Vimal's John Wick more than Delon, and yet, I refuse to buy it because of the price, so, there's no way I'm going to get Alain Delon, even if the price dropped to 85.

Sorry, as I said, im out. Im not going to help this despicable trend follow its course. You have to draw a line somewhere and this is where I draw it... :)

I respect your opinion , but it is only yours . For those who want to get a collection of your favorite character , buy one for 100 or even 150 . Please note that the price is formed such due to the number of people . I wrote about it above . Buy Delon I'm not forcing anyone , it's the choice of everyone . I'm afraid you don't know how this process occurs , creating sculpt , printing , casting and so on . Unfortunately Mail isn't cheap either . If I had 20-50 people , it would be possible to sell at 50 . It would have paid all expenses . But alas . Have a good day

Man, I've been sculpting and casting for more than 20 years. I know exactly how it is done. Artists complain about recasting when the price they practice just encourage it.

Don't forget we're not buying an original, but a recast of an original printing, so that's not even a unique piece.

Now, I won't post more about this, because my experience shows those discussions never end well.

You are a talented artist, I wish you well for your business. If you can find people willing to pay even more, please. Milk the cow while you can...

Man, I've been sculpting and casting for more than 20 years. I know exactly how it is done. Artists complain about recasting when the price they practice just encourage it.

Don't forget we're not buying an original, but a recast of an original printing, so that's not even a unique piece.

Now, I won't post more about this, because my experience shows those discussions never end well.

You are a talented artist, I wish you well for your business. If you can find people willing to pay even more, please. Milk the cow while you can...

I heard you) if you change your mind, then join. Welcome

recent edits. We print!:clap

21729140_156386214945586_791394284_n.jpg

Attachments

• 21729379_156386221612252_1782882680_n.jpg
    21729379_156386221612252_1782882680_n.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 102
  • 21744312_156386224945585_1324334692_n.jpg
    21744312_156386224945585_1324334692_n.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 100
Back