Bram Stoker's Dracula Bleeding Cross, handheld cross: ALL ITEMS SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One glaring error: I found out I did some thing wrong on the script.

Salvonic language during the historical time period of Vlad
did not include the word "The". I had pieced it together just by using letters and formatted it
in script that was Cyrillic. It says "The Blood is Life" as a tribute to the line in the film.

But I've been told by someone who studies historic languages, that technically you
can not make that phrase in Salvonic and my translation is English based and not really Salvonic.
Also that means they were saying it wrong in the movie. It would only be
"Blood is Life". But Hollywood is in the entertainment business and who's going to correct
Gary Oldman on that awesome performance???

So if you don't mind my mess up, contact DoggieDoc for the extra pieces.

Or maybe Doggie can put the historically accurate translation on the reverse side
of the table top. The guy said it would either be Salvonic or Latin to be accurate
and the script Cyrillic. So one of the 2 below would be more accurate "The Blood is Life" script.

Slavonic: КРЪВЬ ЕСТЪ ЖИВОТЪ

Latin: SANGVIS EST VITA

Or if you're wanting film accurate. That's a lot harder. He said the
cloth hanging over the table top had Latin writing on it and one of the letters
on the table script was a Latin translation. And we have no idea what it
really says because most of it is covered. So that's one of the reason I
went with the Blood is Life " "

Ike, did you not remember my two posts above? It actually says "DRACULEA" as per what I created on mine. That's what would be movie accurate.

I also did the same thing and shaped the base wrong - I thought it had a bigger angle too, but after watching closely and some behind-the-scene shots, I saw it's not like that. Oh, well. Close enough.

Ike, did you not remember my two posts above? It actually says "DRACULEA" as per what I created on mine. That's what would be movie accurate.

I also did the same thing and shaped the base wrong - I thought it had a bigger angle too, but after watching closely and some behind-the-scene shots, I saw it's not like that. Oh, well. Close enough.

Yeah I remember now.

Questions is, was it Latin?

Yeah I remember now.

Questions is, was it Latin?

There is no Latin form of Dracula. It's a name, not a word, and just likely another spelling/variation like "Drakulya". I remember reading once that "drac" meant devil or "dracul" dragon, but I'm no expert on languages.

You've got to remember the character is just that - a fictional character and so the movie is a modern interpretation of Bram Stoker's work and has been heavily embellished. Also, it's only an assumption that Count Dracula was partly based on Vlad the Impaler. From everything I've read, Stoker just took the name and nothing more. He didn't know enough history or anything about Vlad. Besides, vampires come from folklore and he simply made it into a timeless story.

With all that in mind, the movie of course focuses on the historical Vlad aspect at the beginning (which isn't in the novel), so there's a huge amount of poetic license taken not only with the novel, but real history too. Who knows the real reason a set designer decided on "Draculea", but likely more embellishment and it simply looks cool, rather than being for any particular purpose.

Like I said earlier - I worked it out from the spacing of the "DR" at the start and the "EA" at the end. I then later found a behind-the-scenes photo in my collection that shows the table without the cloth. When I have time, I'll dig it out a post it here.

Just Romanian form of Dracula. I remember reading "drac" meant evil or devil, but I'm no expert on that.

You've got to remember that the character is just that - a fictional character and the movie is a modern interpretation of Bram Stoker's work and has been heavily embellished. Also, it's just an assumption that Count Dracula was partly based on Vlad the Impaler. My best guess, from everything I've read, is that Stoker just took the name and nothing more. He didn't know enough history or Vlad. Besides, vampires come from folklore and he simply made it into a timeless story.

So, with all that in mind, the movie of course focuses on Vlad aspect at the beginning, so there's a huge amount of poetic license taken with not only history, but the novel too.

Like I said earlier - I worked it out from the spacing of the "DR" at the start and the "EA" at the end. I then later found a behind-the-scenes photo in my collection that shows the table without the cloth. When I have time, I'll dig it out a post it here.

Can you see the writing on the cloth banner on the table?
He said there was some writing on that as well. Wonder if you both had the same reference material.

I know fictional and non-fictional characters can be interpreted in
different ways. But not unlike the writers of Vikings and Hell on Wheels, I to like to through
parts of real history in. Even if it's just to add that connection or a chance of realism.
That's why I like the begging of that film more than the rest :wink1:

Last edited:
Are the crosses still availible brotha? Cheers

Which one? Painted or unpainted? i still have my molds so I could potentially make one for you, just need to check if the mold is still good enough to make a good cast from.

Getting closer.....so it will rain blood from the cross.

He eagerly waits to fill his chalice.

DSC01703_zpsn3rjlh5i.jpg

I was really against doing blood from the cross for mine, but in the end I decided to add a little. Just a tad. I also added a fair amount to the chalice.

My dio case isn't finished yet. Still quite a few things to do. Not least of all, I need to finish the armor version and add him. Just had no free time. Still sat in parts.

View attachment 395266

View attachment 395267

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I was actually really disappointed no one wanted blood added to theirs. I thought it would be really fun to paint. Glad I finally get to see it done that way!

I was actually really disappointed no one wanted blood added to theirs. I thought it would be really fun to paint. Glad I finally get to see it done that way!

Yeah, well the reason I wasn't going to is because I'm not going to display it with the sword like that - armor Drac needs to stand there. Then I just thought what the hell. The Chalice looks good with it.

I was gonna tell you - I 3D printed the Drac logo for the front of the case (dinged his nose and need to retouch) because the Rainman one is in a nice, separate presentation. But, it was so fragile on the bed that I decided to leave the brim on! :lol :lol

IMG_9525(1).jpg

Yeah, well the reason I wasn't going to is because I'm not going to display it with the sword like that - armor Drac needs to stand there. Then I just thought what the hell. The Chalice looks good with it.

I was gonna tell you - I 3D printed the Drac logo for the front of the case (dinged his nose and need to retouch) because the Rainman one is in a nice, separate presentation. But, it was so fragile on the bed that I decided to leave the brim on! :lol :lol

View attachment 395270

Looks great! Where did you find the file for that?

I was really against doing blood from the cross for mine, but in the end I decided to add a little. Just a tad. I also added a fair amount to the chalice.

My dio case isn't finished yet. Still quite a few things to do. Not least of all, I need to finish the armor version and add him. Just had no free time. Still sat in parts.

View attachment 395266

View attachment 395267

Still turned great man. Very nice.

Oh, don't worry, there will be more blood on the way.....mahahahahahahah :devil

Hey IKE and Anxi0us, may I post a couple of your photos on my Facebook page?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back