Calling for Balance, 1/6 Vincent Van Gogh by Rocco

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Calling for Deposits, 1/6 Vincent Van Gogh by Rocco

I still think he should have abit of beard on the neck. Also the beard hairing should look finer. Looks alittle thick close to normal hair. Lets remember he was a missionary in the mines with no possessions pretty much homeless.

hes been depressed and in mental institutions. He cut his ear and eventually killed himself. Wasnt very stable. And abit of a wonderer painting as he went. He should look scruffier and not so sharp/clean neck shaved.

also whose painting these pieces?
and is the pipe going to be sitting in the headsculpt? Or is it a handheld item? Wouldnt mind a hole for the pipe to sit like on serangs

Deposits are up for the clothes sets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO any beard on neck can be painted finely if one choses - it doesn't appear in any of the reference portraits I've pulled, they all show that the bear and mustache may be scruffy, it's all on the cheeks, chin and lip, not on the neck - that part is always pretty clean.

The posted prices are unpainted, AFAIK, it's up to the buyer to get the head/hands/pipe painted.

IMO any beard on neck can be painted finely if one choses - it doesn't appear in any of the reference portraits I've pulled, they all show that the bear and mustache may be scruffy, it's all on the cheeks, chin and lip, not on the neck - that part is always pretty clean.

The posted prices are unpainted, AFAIK, it's up to the buyer to get the head/hands/pipe painted.

Damn thought these came painted. Hate looking for painters. Want the best of the best out there.

Dammit

If I had a time machine, I'd travel back to the 1880's and have Van Gogh paint the sculpt.

Lol you guys crack me up!

Hey, everything lines up with his actual photo, and so e payments came in, so I'll get the print file setup then. Thanks again everyone!

VanGogh off to print:
12523096_1062657153786492_9134007812210902527_n.jpg

Rocco, what did you end up selecting for the final size? I completely forgot that you were querying about that.

I know this is a big ask but then again this is a beast project.

do you reckon we can get a painter on board aswell? So we all get the same awesome standard piece?

and again whats happening with the pipe?
Is it going to fit into the head like serangs figure? Or just a hand held item?

And has the hand been shaped to hold such an item? And can the hand also hold other props as well? Im just not sure which hand is for which purpose eg brushes, pallette, pipe.

The waving right hand just above would hold a palette and something between the fingers like a second brush. The other hand looks like it will hold the pipe. There's no holding brush while painting hand, but I have a plan for that on my figure already. :)

The two hands are similar to Serang's but Rocco has flipped them from left to right so they're accurate.

The waving right hand just above would hold a palette and something between the fingers like a second brush. The other hand looks like it will hold the pipe. There's no holding brush while painting hand, but I have a plan for that on my figure already. :)

The two hands are similar to Serang's but Rocco has flipped them from left to right so they're accurate.

Alrighty kewl Thanks just needed abit of explanation :) also if you dont mind sharing whats your plan?

And do you know whats up with the pipe and headsculpt?

On closer inspection, it looks like you might be able to put a palette knife or brush in the pipe (left) hand and have it look natural.

I don't know about the pipe fitment to the head - doesn't look like there's any type of hole in the sculpt for that.

Back