Calling for Balance, 1/6 Vincent Van Gogh by Rocco

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Calling for Deposits, 1/6 Vincent Van Gogh by Rocco

ill have to think about the hat since the hat is quite iconic to have and theres no other hats out there.

I guess i should be more specific about my words, it not how i feel really - its more so a fact. Theres no herringbone weaving pattern at least on the hat. Everything else/parts looks great

So does the pipe attached to the head?

I plan to rework the hat as the material is sandable. It's pretty basic looking, but there should be enough material on it to allow plenty of change/detail. Serang's definitely has a lot more fine detail in it, but it's also not quite what I'd want. The coolest would be to braid some line and stitch one together the way the real hats are made.

I plan to rework the hat as the material is sandable. It's pretty basic looking, but there should be enough material on it to allow plenty of change/detail. Serang's definitely has a lot more fine detail in it, but it's also not quite what I'd want. The coolest would be to braid some line and stitch one together the way the real hats are made.

Totally! Like the way you think pixel! Was thinking somehow a real material hat would be damn epic! Really pushes this to grail status.

I would rework the hat too if i knew how but at the same time i dont buy things to correct it, when shipping plus painting costs for me come into play.

If robbie knew how/could/would want to or the guy that makes those awesome indiana jones whips, make real material hats, would eeeeasily pay for that! Easy!

I don't know if Robbie or Mark have ever done a straw-like hat, but I'm sure either of them would do a great job if they attempted it. I have only a basic idea right now of how the real 1:1 hats are made, but I'm sure an evening on Google would answer all the questions anyone has. Deciding on a construction material might need some creative thinking plus some trial and error to get the desired look. If the right color material can't be had, some paint would probably still work.

I don't want to give this much thought right now because I've already got too much on my plate. It's an idea for another time for me.

Back to working with what we have... If the fine detail were in the cast it would be easier to paint for realism, but as it stands, if you want the smaller strand details they'd have to be painted in. I can solder like a champ, but my hands aren't as steady as they used to be, so that's not something I'm going to try. :) I think I'd have an easier time with sanding and scribing, maybe a little putty work.

The hat definitely needs some shape to it to give the appearance of being worn and the flexibility these hats have.

Looks good to me, but I am never one to turn down improvements. We are all thankful for this project Rocco.

Rocco, final payment sent. Please make sure to send to Mark for painting. Thanks!!

Hey rocco is there a price guide for each of the individual pieces?

Also can the pipe attach to the head? Are we able to see a pic of it?

Al la cart pricing:

Head only $70 plus $7 US or $23 International
Head and hands the price is $100, plus $7 US or $23 International

The pipe question- I didn't put a cavity in the mouth due to it filling with an air bubble during castings as advised by my caster, but its resin, so you can carve the pipe with an exact-o blade to fit it.

I guess ill see how someone else will do it. Bummer. Cant carve anything because my stuff is going straight to a painter overseas.

if the pipe needed to be carved slightly why couldnt the pipe be shaped as such? If im understanding correctly...

Received the items today. Everything looks great. One question, how are the hands to be attached?

Thanks so much! Whatever size ball joints you are using to attach to your figures, take a drill bit and measure it's the same size as the post on the ball joints you are using.

Thanks so much! Whatever size ball joints you are using to attach to your figures, take a drill bit and measure it's the same size as the post on the ball joints you are using.

The hands seem fragile, I've never used resin hands. I hope they don't crack when drilled or are attempted to be put on the ball joint.

What body is this figure going to be suited for (cloths)? And how would the head be attached?

What body is this figure going to be suited for (cloths)? And how would the head be attached?

TTM-18 (Narrow Shoulder) or similar as far as I recall. You should be able to put a neck plug into the sculpt to attach it to the body - hold the plug in place with blu tack or another adhesive.

The hands are exceptionally beautiful -- I hope you do more of them Rocco. I've used resin hands before. They'll be no problem if you have basic customizing skills, and I think everyone here does...or soon will. :)

The first set of extra hands we need:

Finger-pointing-icon.png
turned-ok-hand-sign.png

Then this classic of course

brand.gif

Back