[CLOSED] 1/6 custom-Travis-Fimmel-Viking-figure, Final stages

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ike,

Just noticed one thing. Is there any way the chest piece can be filled with more rings on mine? More importantly I noticed it doesn't look balanced under the chin. It could just be me. Sorry man

Best,

Jeff

The chest emblem sets just one small part off at the top. But I tried it with another ring in that space
and it looked even stranger. I'm looking at sticking with the proper number of and shape of the rings
on the vest. So try to envision it as how it's shaped and not how close it gets to the edges.

If I filled it in at the top to the edges(especially the part that goes up by the shoulder) then it changes the look
and shape completely. It look less like the actual and more just clutter.

It was shipped already this morning. So set it up when you get it. Look at it for a few days.

If it still bugs you, send it back and I clutter then hell out it for you....:rotfl

Ike you should be really proud of this piece. Quality stuff here. After some futzing around, here is my version of this beast. Thank you again to all involved.

Viking.jpg

Ike you should be really proud of this piece. Quality stuff here. After some futzing around, here is my version of this beast. Thank you again to all involved.

View attachment 260751

Thanks.

Very nice pictures.
Now all he needs now is 3 certain other characters standing next to him...:)

Damn, I better see if Caine wants to do Rollo...:wink1:

I see several of you are not planning on using the DX style stands.
If any of you that don't plan on using it want to get rid of it,
I would buy it back for $20 plus shipping. For I use them all the time.

Just shoot me a PM if that's the case and we'll work out the details.

Thanks

Ike

Yes their Ragnar does look pretty good.

The only thing I can tell that's not really accurate is the metal ring armor on the vest.
They went with some kind of square like chain mail. Where he actually has little round metal rings bound by leather ties.
And of course he wears suede/leather boots.

I do like that they did the blue secondary short sleeve shirt under the
vest. Then the long sleeve undershirt.

I'd love to see some up close pictures of that. That embroidery that
he has on the blue secondary shirt is so detailed, it would be really something
special if they nailed that. But I can't tell in those pictures.

Pants also don't look leather...they almost look cloth. Is there a better shot of the pants
somewhere?

Yes their Ragnar does look pretty good.

The only thing I can tell that's not really accurate is the metal ring armor on the vest.
They went with some kind of square like chain mail. Where he actually has little round metal rings bound by leather ties.
And of course he wears suede/leather boots.

I do like that they did the blue secondary short sleeve shirt under the
vest. Then the long sleeve undershirt.

I'd love to see some up close pictures of that. That embroidery that
he has on the blue secondary shirt is so detailed, it would be really something
special if they nailed that. But I can't tell in those pictures.

Pants also don't look leather...they almost look cloth. Is there a better shot of the pants
somewhere?

Sooo annoying when an 'official' release comes out with something akin to your custom work... Just finished the series and loved it - Ragnar's questionable morals have left me unable to add him to my "all time greatest collectible" list lol

Just listen to the details in IKE's reply - passion beats mass production - FACT!

They'll never be able to match your skills, nor ever outclass your creation... respect, IKE

Sooo annoying when an 'official' release comes out with something akin to your custom work... Just finished the series and loved it - Ragnar's questionable morals have left me unable to add him to my "all time greatest collectible" list lol

Just listen to the details in IKE's reply - passion beats mass production - FACT!

They'll never be able to match your skills, nor ever outclass your creation... respect, IKE

Thanks.

I think of it this way; maybe they'll make something really nice that I didn't have on mine. :lol
Ala the blue short sleeve under shirt with the embroidery. I'm all for it and I hope to see
some great things from them. I'm liking the Conan figures as well.

Hi IKE, this is my first message here.
I'm a big fan of "Vikings". I knew that Chronicle Collectibles was working on Ragnar but I saw your figure and I thought that it hardly could have been better.
Luckily, I bought the figure for sale from MUDBLOOD; so happy about the purchase. I also read this thread and it's great, full of passion and skills.
Now, I see the figure by CC and.... let me say that no comparison is possible. I love "your" outfit (no need to mention the boots in CC version) and... what about the face expression? Just look at this picture: the first one is a doll with pretty eyes, the second one is Ragnar with his soul. At first, I was also going to have the CC figure, but now... well, I changed my idea and I'll stay with just "your" Ragnar, the perfect one for me. (In the second picture, you see Ragnar in my "Vikings's corner" :naughty)
At the end, this message is to thank you :clap

2d851rm.jpg

nqz0r4.jpg

Hi IKE, this is my first message here.
I'm a big fan of "Vikings". I knew that Chronicle Collectibles was working on Ragnar but I saw your figure and I thought that it hardly could have been better.
Luckily, I bought the figure for sale from MUDBLOOD; so happy about the purchase. I also read this thread and it's great, full of passion and skills.
Now, I see the figure by CC and.... let me say that no comparison is possible. I love "your" outfit (no need to mention the boots in CC version) and... what about the face expression? Just look at this picture: the first one is a doll with pretty eyes, the second one is Ragnar with his soul. At first, I was also going to have the CC figure, but now... well, I changed my idea and I'll stay with just "your" Ragnar, the perfect one for me. (In the second picture, you see Ragnar in my "Vikings's corner" :naughty)
At the end, this message is to thank you :clap

nqz0r4.jpg

Thanks for posting.
Love your set up for Ragnar, looks great and I'm glad you like the figure.

Funny thing was, at first I was just making this figure for me and
was not planning on doing a figure run. But then when people
saw what an incredible job Caine did on the head, the PM's starting
pouring in.

This was suppose to be my grail figure. I'm glad it could be for
others as well.

I might still get the CC figure. I could always put one of my heads on it,
use the blue undershirt or even keep it as is.

Kind of disappointing that CC canceled their figure and made 1/9th scale Ragnar & Floki statue's.
I really wanted to see what they did with the 1/6 clothing. And if they at least did the statue in
1/6, we could have another good head. The 1/9th scale head looks good.

I hate when a company shows a product with great potential and cancels it.
As a matter of fact, looking at their site: they canceled all their 1/6 figures they presented at the last show.

Bye bye Jurassic Park....

:gah:

Last edited:
Back