[CLOSED] 1/6 custom-Travis-Fimmel-Viking-figure, Final stages

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I present to you KOH #0003 for Jeronimo. Assembled and ready to kick some arsh...:yess:

P1160324_zpsj724ubhn.jpg

P1160323_zpsfkyxsnfn.jpg

P1160325_zps3a67cyqy.jpg

P1160334_zpsleaad8aw.jpg

P1160327_zpsqlyxa6s2.jpg

P1160332_zpsdtvvnqel.jpg

By the way, both Uli and Jeronimo, your figures were shipped today.

Will update first post with tracking number and send PM shipping notice.

Thanks

Ike

Just a heads up Ulli and Jeronimo, the magnet in the plastic bag that is
stuck to the magnets behind the belt, is the magnet you glue to your
ax handle(just below the ax head). Of course the shiny side gets
glued to the ax handle.

I made sure the polarity is correct, so you're good to go.

Thanks. Now I start on yours my friend.

My camera is going fast. Wont focus on the macro lens at all now.
So I can't take any good close-up pictures anymore.

So I broke down and ordered another camera today. Will be here on Wednesday.
No DSLR mind you. For those you have to buy the Macro lens starting @$400+ just
for the lens.

So I picked up one of the better Sony cyber-shots with a macro lens built in.
So I will finally be able to take macro HD pictures again. Oddly enough, they
are one of 2 companies that have a macro lens built in. No one else does.

:clap

Got it in! I have to say, everything looks better in hand. I was iffy about the clothes at first. I'm super happy with the figure and how it looks. Did the body only come with one set of hands?

Got it in! I have to say, everything looks better in hand. I was iffy about the clothes at first. I'm super happy with the figure and how it looks. Did the body only come with one set of hands?

The World Box body didn't come with grip hands at all. Only trigger and open if you bought the boxed version.
I didn't buy the boxed versions, I bought loose and bought some ACI Gladiator grip hands so he could hold weapons
and shield. The grip hands work well after I modded them. They came cast closed, so I took an exact-o knife and
cut a slit between the thumb and finger. That way you can open them to add ax or shield handle.

As Suggested before: After being a knuckle head and breaking off my shield handle, I learned it's best to take the hand
from the body, grip it to shield handle(I added a leather wrap for super tightness),then push the hand
back on the arm. The shields are so nice and realistic, that they're heavy enough to turn on you
if you don't add a wrap of some kind to the handle.

P.S. The magnet for your ax was shipped on Tuesday via Priority mail, so you should get that by tomorrow.

Your stand was the first one I tried the textured sand paint on it. Let me know what your think.
I thought it looked good, but it came out glossy, so I had to add flat clear coat to it to make it
look more realistic.

Let me know what you think?

Last edited:
As some of you that have the figure might notice, I also added the the ties down
the back/middle of the vest. Though not functional, it's much more realistic and
more accurate to the actual vest. I found it was the only way to make the metal rings
on the back look right. Sure the ponytail covers it most of the time, I still thought it
needed to be done.

It was based off this photo.

Ragnar%2039_zpscbjyf8ho.jpg

P1160347_zpsiruoy4hl.jpg

Oh, I didn't know you bought the bodies parted out. I went ahead and swapped the hands with some from a HT figure. As much as I liked the weathering you did to the hands, I hate the shiny plastic underneath. I took the handle off my shield and slung it over his back. I'll try to post pictures tonight.

I got the magnet yesterday. Man, you really didn't have to priority ship that! It was expensive for just a magnet. Thank you though.

I really like the stand! It looks good. The only problem is I stopped displaying all my DX style stands and just use the oval stands. Ragnar is on a black stand with the Vikings logo.

Back