Accessory [CLOSED] Timberland Boots (6 Inch Version) | Jack Torrance (The Shining) | by STRIPED BOX

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally heard back from the Shining expert. He said there is no record of the boots in the Kubrick Archives so film stills are all to go from. The good thing is he wants a pair so these will be in the collection of an Oscar winning film director. So thats pretty cool.
Wow. :oops:
Thank you for your help, Robbie.

I have an update too.
I got the real Timberland boots, it helped me to improve the colors. Now they are accurate enough (at least to real Timberland), and wheat is wheat (not yellow, not orange). I tested the colors on Dr. Alan Grant prototype boots, it came out well. He wears boots similar to 8-inch Timberland.
There are some pics (light-weathered version).

IMG_4565.jpgIMG_4566.jpgIMG_4557.jpg

Currently I'm working on an improved The Shining weathered prototype. Will share more details later.

Wow. :oops:
Thank you for your help, Robbie.

I have an update too.
I got the real Timberland boots, it helped me to improve the colors. Now they are accurate enough (at least to real Timberland), and wheat is wheat (not yellow, not orange). I tested the colors on Dr. Alan Grant prototype boots, it came out well. He wears boots similar to 8-inch Timberland.
There are some pics (light-weathered version).

View attachment 425291View attachment 425292View attachment 425290

Currently I'm working on an improved The Shining weathered prototype. Will share more details later.

They look fantastic. I think that the Timberland is the boot wore in the movie. The Timberland was first introduced in 1973 with the introduction of injection molding soles. I don't think there was anything similar at the time. It was so popular that the company changes its name to Timberland because of it. Its not like today where knock-offs and mimics are prevalent. Given the introduction of the boot in 73 and the movie being scheduled to start filming in 77, it seems unlikely there would be a different boot in production. I wonder if the logo was higher up in the originals which is why it seems to be missing in the film? In the below picture you can make a out a faint logo on the upper section of the boot.

main-qimg-2d75e52297d5ed13ef6cb7089a48a9b1

The below boots are not the real boot from 73 but its paying tribute to them. The logo is higher up than the normal boots.
timberland-timberland-mens-1973-newman-6-boot-wp-0.jpg

Back