Full figure Coming to America: Semmi (Arsenio)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Status (January 2021): I tried to confirm a price with Yunsil, as the original quote expired. She said it was too complicated an outfit for her to accept at the moment. I may ask Ropa Studios.

To go with DWill's Akeem, I would like to get a Semmi (Arsenio Hall) figure going as soon as possible.

I consulted with DWill before starting this thread. He is not planning on doing Semmi.

This will be the outfit to pair with Akeem.
3E584F8300000578-4321856-image-m-39_1489698551802.jpg

Headsculpt: Inigo.
Outfit: Yun-sil Park (Toribox).
Accessories (chain and shoes): Star Puffs.

I may also consider making a custom stand to jointly display both figures (sort of like R2-D2 and C-3PO).

This would be a great figure to put on a DAM 2.0 body, as it is a bit taller and about a 1cm narrower in the shoulders. They are still reasonably available on eBay (at least 30 available at present).

Interest (Semmi - Toribox):
1. Star Puffs
2. TheWhatWhatNow
3. Hosam-G
4. Levit05
5. Levit05
6. Elgreco
7. WPC2589
8. Mr.Caveman
9. mailalan
10. finfig

I will also be offering a McDowell's uniform set for both Akeem and Semmi.

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 10.00.29.jpg

1. Set will include: hat, vest, bowtie, pants, belt, shoes, and nametag. Akeem will include both a mop and a second "unscrewed" mop handle. Semmi will include an apron and maybe another McDowell's-related item.

2. The bodies will be: Akeem (COO BD-001) and Semmi (DAM 2.0).

3. The hat will need to be sized to either Inigou's heads or the Joy Snyder's (Snyderman) Akeem head.

4. The accessories will be offered painted. Painted or not, I will assemble the mop head (it's very difficult, as it is a mix of metal parts and 3D printed ones).

WIP:
IMG_0369.jpg
IMG_0371.jpg

Improvements planned or to be attempted:
1. McDowell's logo on vest will be heat set vinyl (real embroidery looked terrible at this scale).
2. The fabric is the best you can get for directed printed designs available to consummers, but I'm exploring more expensive professional fabric options to get a nicer red and clearer lines.
3. I'll create his 1980's Adidas high tops.
4. I'm still fiddling with the bowtie.
5. Resized name tag [done - waiting to be painted].
6. Body pictured is DAM 2.0 (so Semmi's pattern is done minus the hat size); I'll be making Akeem on the COO BD-001 to keep in sync with Dwill's set.

Price will probably be under $300. You will need to supply the head, white shirt, and body.

Interest (McDowell's set - Star Puffs):
Re-confirmed interest in 2019.
1. DWill
2. Levit05
3. tbay
4. blazio
5. Darth Magnus
6. mailalan
7. finfig

Finally I will eventually do a Lisa McDowell figure.

Last edited:
Re: Semmi (Arsenio) from Coming to America - [TBD + Yun-sil]

Might want to finish Murphy first before starting interest. I'm sure those who grabbed Murphy will grab this as well but wait till the run is complete. Helps everyone with their budget

Might want to finish Murphy first before starting interest. I'm sure those who grabbed Murphy will grab this as well but wait till the run is complete. Helps everyone with their budget

I totally agree.
Maybe just to gather interest for the time being, not payments.
At least after we finish payments for Prince Akeem.

Don't worry all. I'm not a high-pressure or 'exclusivity' type. I'll give everyone a reasonable chance to get in on this project and work with differing payment schedules.

We're probably talking 9 months to a year before Yun-sil could deliver outfits if I paid a deposit today.

As a small gesture if you want in, I recommend buying yourself a DAM 2.0 body to have on hand.

we need to put this on the FB group as well.....this will definitely complete that particular look....also...

i remember asking DWill about the McDowell's uniform set for both and he said you were working on those....i would also like to get in on those as i think they would be another great set to display....please let me know.....thanks

i remember asking DWill about the McDowell's uniform set for both and he said you were working on those....i would also like to get in on those as i think they would be another great set to display....please let me know.....thanks

Here are some quick WIP photos.

View attachment 399229
View attachment 399230

Re: Coming to America: Semmi (Arsenio) [TBD + Yunsil] + McDowell's uniform

DEFINITELY put me down for a set for both Akeem and semi please!!!...they look marvelous!!!!

WOW! That McDowell's uniform looks awesome!

we gotta hit that magic number guys...

i knwo Dwill mentioned something on his FB thread but maybe we gotta show the outfits on the various groups to drum up some interest....what do you think Star puffs?

Back