[CULT KING]- Santa Carla Blood Suckers ** FULL PROTOS - PO OPEN!!**

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [CULT KING]- Santa Carla Blood Suckers ** PAINTED VAMP SCULPT REVEALED**

I can't say for sure, but I think the rational behind the DX pricing is the vamp sculpt is more complex in both sculpt and paint so it may be valued a little higher than the reg sculpt at $170. Maybe a little exclusivity is at play too since it's only available with the DX. And the rest is of corse the hands and feet (tooling, materials, painting, etc).

That's just my speculation though

I think it looks awesome.

vamp_zpsm0hgr5nv.jpg

Instabuy!! :lol

Damn im passing, only want vamp sculpt and at that price forgetaboutit, just want figure with camp head dont care about accessories or other head, well that sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to make out all the facial features with the shadows in those pics, but still looks really excellent. I'm not a huge fan of the film or performance, but it would definitely make a nice complement to my '80s display.

--edit: looks like vampire feet and hands and screaming sculpt are the DX extras, and cost an extra $300.

It always was an easy decision for me to with a full figure instead of a head + outfit release with Iminime. You could get away slightly cheaper bashing a figure on your own, but it won't be as good, and the savings aren't very great.

It always was an easy decision for me to with a full figure instead of a head + outfit release with Iminime. You could get away slightly cheaper bashing a figure on your own, but it won't be as good, and the savings aren't very great.

Exactly. And if you take all the other available top shelf bits that are out there to build a comparable quality David, add a paint up on 2 sculpts and a pair of hand & feet from one of the better painters, tally it all up and you're coming in way more than what this will cost. And there's no waiting to get your painted parts back. This is a little futzing out of the box and ready for the shelf.

Well I don't think they sell unpainted sculpts anyway, though I might be mistaken. But you would have to get your own body, and usually shoes, plus a couple other minor accessories you lose in this case like the chinese noodles and brooch that you really aren't going to get anywhere else.

Well I don't think they sell unpainted sculpts anyway, though I might be mistaken. But you would have to get your own body, and usually shoes, plus a couple other minor accessories you lose in this case like the chinese noodles and brooch that you really aren't going to get anywhere else.

I mean there are unpainted bits like sculpts and vamp stuff out there from other artists. After you buy just those and get them painted you're probably already over half of what this set costs. And if you're going to one of the painters that charge $200 per sculpt, not only will you be waiting a while for your stuff but you'll be close to what the DX costs and you're still missing all the other bits (outfit, body, shoes, etc.). Cult King is only charging $240 for the outfit which is less than anyone else of this skill level would charge.

I'm not trying to be a fanboy or promoter, I'm just helping to put things in perspective. I think that the initial reaction to the price is because people were caught of guard, but if you look at any plan B or other option for this character, consider all that is included and compare it apple to apple with other Cult King offerings, it makes sense and is a pretty fair deal.

Last edited:
[CULT KING]- Santa Carla Blood Suckers ** PAINTED VAMP SCULPT REVEALED**

If you are hard-core fan This is the David for you! The price may seem steep to some but a lot of work was involved you just have to make that decision is it something you need? It only sucks when a lot of staff is released around the same time. I was told by somebody that this pre-order might last a while so everybody can save up it won't be an instant thing

After going through all the pics I have to say - really phenomenal! I love the smiling headsculpt and I actually prefer the non transformed look over the vamp look. I feel like David's hair could be more blonde on top and in some pics the neck looks a little long? Overall it cant compare to others I've seen though. Id love to see Sam & the Frog Brothers. Michael would be alright but I always associated myself with the other 3 being the same age when the movie came out.

Anyone order already? I'm contemplating clicking the button soon

I torn between DX with extra clothing, or just full set. Hard choice here.

Well there's no extra clothing just the vamp headsculpt, hands & feet.

My decision for full set over DX because David isn't transformed for most of the movie and although they're immensely well done I can't drop another 300 on a head, 2, hands & feet that I wouldnt display. $300 in a box is worth less to me than $300 in the bank.

Well there's no extra clothing just the vamp headsculpt, hands & feet.

My decision for full set over DX because David isn't transformed for most of the movie and although they're immensely well done I can't drop another 300 on a head, 2, hands & feet that I wouldnt display. $300 in a box is worth less to me than $300 in the bank.

I can see that point.

However, you can buy the outfit on it's own, so can display both, which is what i was thinking.

The 300 extra for head........... well for this head i would say about 180, and if you consider it will come with one of the best paint ups anywhere, that really is a great deal. Leaving 120 for hands and feet, but once again, those are custom sculpts with some of the best paint ups anywhere.

I can see that point.

However, you can buy the outfit on it's own, so can display both, which is what i was thinking.

The 300 extra for head........... well for this head i would say about 180, and if you consider it will come with one of the best paint ups anywhere, that really is a great deal. Leaving 120 for hands and feet, but once again, those are custom sculpts with some of the best paint ups anywhere.

Yeah, if I do decide to go for the dx, that's what I'll be doing too: adding an extra outfit set to the order so both looks can be displayed. Normal face David scoffing noodles and vamped out David snarling mid-air with his a**e stuck in a flight stand.

Back