[DoggieDoc] Forrest Gump accessory set and bench: COLLECTING BALANCES

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news, everyone! I just received word from the caster that the shoes and bench supports are set to be shipped out on Monday! WE'RE CLOSE!!!

I will be trying to finish all the suitcases by the middle of next week as well. If I can do that it just leaves the shoes to be painted and the benches to be assembled, plus tying up a few random odds and ends.

Now that the end is truly in site I will also work on the box and box art.

Oh, and I am working on something with the belt buckle to try and get it recreated perfectly, so stay tuned...

Wow! Definitely a well oiled machine.
Thanks!

Remaining suitcase trim pieces are primed and ready for final painting. Trying to get everything prepared this weekend for final assembly (of the suitcases) next week!
e72306a098b4bdd8237e51013bc3280e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Everything is ready for suitcase assembly. Commencing tomorrow morning...
3d35ffab898981bf1a023170d863f745.jpg

Nearly done
2e438e84e98fb958d8281d33732e6ca0.jpg
4809c4a83c206ed7482d35476069260b.jpg
4990a3db4703e95a206135a44ac6bc80.jpg
249681fd7184d49bfce5bcfaabab1a0f.jpg

Doc I wanted the suitcase in the middle. Just kidding. Great job buddy. I can’t wait to get my set.

If we’re doing that then I want right-4, up-3 lmao

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You guys all crack me up!

Ok so some news on the buckle...

I have decided to go a different route than usual in the name of absolute, spot on accuracy. I have been in talks with a 3D laser scanning company to have the belt buckle scanned to an accuracy of 0.003-0.1mm. This means I should be able to get a pretty darn perfect 3D recreation of the buckle for 3D printing. I am PSYCHED. The buckle is already on the way to the scanner.

Now, this process is costly... and right now I'm not planning on asking you guys to put forth any further cost. The buckle wasn't originally a part of the set but after so many requests I decided to include it at no extra cost. Then there was the random thread where suddenly Rainman was offering a buckle, and this put a bit of a damper on my plans. But as long as you are all still committed to the buckle I plan on moving forward. If the cost becomes exorbinant I will let you know but I'm not one who likes changing the price of things after the fact. I hope to have something awesome to show you within 1-2 weeks.

You. are. the. MAN, Doc!

Now, this process is costly... and right now I'm not planning on asking you guys to put forth any further cost. The buckle wasn't originally a part of the set but after so many requests I decided to include it at no extra cost. Then there was the random thread where suddenly Rainman was offering a buckle, and this put a bit of a damper on my plans. But as long as you are all still committed to the buckle I plan on moving forward. If the cost becomes exorbinant I will let you know but I'm not one who likes changing the price of things after the fact. I hope to have something awesome to show you within 1-2 weeks.

Thanks, guys! The buckle is at the 3D scanner and they'll be updating me next week!

Hi, all! The belt buckle scan is in and.... it's perfect.

I'll be doing some test printing to figure out which printing method is best, but I've attached an image of the 3D scan.

I also have all the bows done for the boxes.

Unfortunately the caster hasn't gotten back to me after telling me everything would be ready a week ago so I'll put another email into him.

271e8531723ece549086175af32bd924.jpg
81a46ac4cf64688893b9fbf140401606.jpg

Back