[DoggieDoc] Forrest Gump accessory set and bench: COLLECTING BALANCES

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. What do you have left to finish?

Still a decent bit. I have about 1/2 the suitcases done, so I still have half of those to do. Pretty much all the internal suitcase contents are done now, so that's awesome! I am still waiting for the caster to send me the shoes and bench supports. So once I have those i will need to paint everything and assemble the benches. I also need to put the second coat of stain on the bench slats.

In one breath it sounds like not much to go, but in another breath I still have quite a bit to do. But things are really, really moving now, so I'm seeing the light:cool:

Looking for a spot. pm me if anyone want to sell it .

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Thanks Doc for the update. Everything looks great, I can not wait to display it all proudly in my showcase.
I can't wait to see these sets on your shelves!

I got several more suitcases further along today. More hardware prints should arrive this week, and I'll be ordering the remaining trim prints so i can complete all the suitcases I am covering in cloth.

I'll probably check in with the caster this week as well. Last I asked he had 30 sets done so I'm hoping he finishes up any time now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

any chance to take a sopt on the wait list pls ?
If any one want to sell his spot, pm me pls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been working on a few suitcases per day....30 of the 40 are cloth covered. A little closer to completion every day.

cc9f5ae72f71e4706cb642e7b2e51b46.jpg

Hey Doc, are you still including the belt and buckle in our orders?
I had definitely planned on it. Honestly I didn't even start it yet but I didn't figure it would take long. Now that it is being offered by Rainman I am trying to decide if it's worth it to continue. It appears he is offering not only the buckle but the entire belt? My plan was to make just the buckle and everyone could find their own generic brown belt.

Long story short I'm happy to continue with the buckle as I had always planned. I had an idea about trying to make it out of real metal (which it appears Rainman is doing as well) so we'll see.

Really hope I make it onto this list, really want this set!
Understood. Right now there have been no further dropouts so I will of course keep the waitlist up but the chances of anymore dropping down is unlikely. I won't say it's impossible, though.

Last edited:
Understood. Right now there have been no further dropouts so I will of course keep the waitlist up but the chances of anymore dropping down is unlikely. I won't say it's impossible, though.

Damn I was hoping you were gonna have extras. Guess I won't get my hopes up haha.

36 suitcases clothed....4 to go, then finishing details!

98ec2a461e5b2e396f2c4ef869d6f825.jpg

Definitely getting close to the finish line.
Heck yeah! The cloth covering is the most tedious part. The trim and hardware goes on much more quickly. Then I just have to do the internal netting and the suitcases are done!

keep looking for a spot[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]
pm me if anyone want to sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last suitcase trim pieces arrived today!

38 of 40 cases clothed.

All remaining hardware pieces being painted.

Once the suitcases are done it's just a matter of painting shoes and assembling benches!

Still at least a few weeks out for sure but the end is in sight[emoji3][emoji4][emoji3].

7c9158cc816dcbeb20903cca70b53ca3.jpg
43153841bd7b132ca0d7d39ac11e2577.jpg
d0b0a90dc9081ac02462bf243f60a9aa.jpg

So to answer everyone about the buckle... yes I'm doing it. I went so far as to BUY the actual buckle for reference.
7ec32ca81a13aefefec548be5bec49c7.jpg
cb3336c52c740bbcc124779c1dd621e7.jpg
6090077422e1ee0676fae9480d06ed4a.jpg

Doc will you also include a leather belt to go with the buckle? :)

That wasn't my intention, no. I figured it would be easier for people to just source a generic leather belt to attach the buckle to.

Back