DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator CALLING FOR FINAL PAYMENTS

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator project

toss my name in for this

Interested

Interested pending price

List updated.

I hope to start some basic modeling of this soon. As I said in the initial post I understand it is a ways off of release, but I just love working on this stuff in my free time. Not to mention I think this one will be AMAZINGLY fun to do. I plan on a mixed media piece... I will likely 3D model most of the structure (i.e. the housing, the buttons, the antenna or whatever those things sticking straight up are), but I want to add in real tape, real wire, and perhaps plastic buttons that light up. I don't want cost to get out of control but this just looks so fun to do.

As I mentioned before this may have to be a limited run. I am a one man show and so I will be doing everything myself... looking forward to the project!

Nice, was going to ask you if it was going to be 3D print or something else. I guess you can get the wood texture with 3D printing pretty good too right ?

Real tape and wire would be nice and more realistic. Light up button sounds cool, just something simple would be enough.

Nice, was going to ask you if it was going to be 3D print or something else. I guess you can get the wood texture with 3D printing pretty good too right ?

Real tape and wire would be nice and more realistic. Light up button sounds cool, just something simple would be enough.

Please feel free to post pics of anything that would be helpful, but am I missing something somewhere when I don't see wood grain at all on the detonator? To me I assumed it was more of a metal box.

I started some rough sketches of the component parts. I think it's cool how the detonator looks entirely cobbled together... alongside the duct tape, are those rubber bands? Or is that supposed to be more wiring? I think it looks a bit too flat to be wiring but I can't say for sure.

OK sorry on closer inspection maybe you're right. I guess with Groot I must have had "wood" in mind :)

Here are a couple of other pics. Hard to say if wire or rubber band

groot-trailer.jpg

maxresdefault-2.jpg

OK sorry on closer inspection maybe you're right. I guess with Groot I must have had "wood" in mind :)

Here are a couple of other pics. Hard to say if wire or rubber band

View attachment 337844

View attachment 337845

Ok I figured that was what happened:). All the pictures you've posted are ones I have been using as references... great shots! The second image is mirrored, however. I LOVE all the little details.

So far I am assuming these few things and a few things I have questions on..

1) I am not sure what the raised rectangular thing is supposed to be behind the two raised "antenna".
2) Whatever it is, it appears to have a small circuit board attached at each end.
3) Surrounding that raised rectangular "thing" are two thick, copper wires, with what appear to be resistors on the.
4) The box is duct taped together, haha.
5) Upon closer inspection I think the other material wrapped around the box is indeed wire, just wrapped as individual strands over and over again, thus it looks flatter.

interested please

Interested! I love your work.

Here's this image of it too. I increased the brightness on it.

BtW4qEw.jpg

Interested! I love your work.

Here's this image of it too. I increased the brightness on it.

BtW4qEw.jpg

Why thank you!

Wow, that image is AWESOME. It will be very helpful[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think he has a pointed finger. Which is a bit disappointing.

With a bit of luck maybe one of the fingers could be made straight for the "button press" pose.

Guess you've all seen this pic. But thought I'd post here.

Groot.JPG

Interested!

So I just watched the movie. These pics are not actually 100% correct. The "batteries" are missing on the front. I won't spoil it for anyone, but Doggie you're going to have to add some batteries and lights to make it extremely awesome and correct. There are many additional view angles in the film. Once the movie becomes available at home you should be able to get an exact plan.

Really great movie by the way !!! So glad I pre-ordered this 1:1 guy. They are going to sell a ton of them.

groot-trailer.jpg

So I just watched the movie. These pics are not actually 100% correct. The "batteries" are missing on the front. I won't spoil it for anyone, but Doggie you're going to have to add some batteries and lights to make it extremely awesome and correct. There are many additional view angles in the film. Once the movie becomes available at home you should be able to get an exact plan.

Really great movie by the way !!! So glad I pre-ordered this 1:1 guy. They are going to sell a ton of them.

View attachment 339110

Awesome, can't wait to get more images! Where are the batteries located, exactly? I can't imagine in my mind where batteries would fit but obviously I haven't seen it yet!

Back