DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator CALLING FOR FINAL PAYMENTS

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator project

You should probably stop reading this thread until you see the movie..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hahaha. Well I went online and found some pictures. Got some great close-ups of a few details, and I found pictures with this... you guys are calling these things on the front BATTERIES? Whatever they are, they are bizarre looking, and they up the challenge of this thing quite a bit since it is see-through and very weirdly shaped!

oZpEo7H.png

Um0NDS7.png

wc4qHwi.png

Hahaha. Well I went online and found some pictures. Got some great close-ups of a few details, and I found pictures with this... you guys are calling these things on the front BATTERIES? Whatever they are, they are bizarre looking, and they up the challenge of this thing quite a bit since it is see-through and very weirdly shaped!

oZpEo7H.png

Um0NDS7.png

wc4qHwi.png
Yes those are what people are calling batteries. Now go watch the movie and stop asking questions :X

Yes those are what people are calling batteries. Now go watch the movie and stop asking questions :X

Haha :rotfl

The end caps and that middle section will be easy. I even have some ideas on lighting it already. But that glass bulb shape... hmmm.......

Haha :rotfl

The end caps and that middle section will be easy. I even have some ideas on lighting it already. But that glass bulb shape... hmmm.......
Looks like a single helix

Looks like a single helix

Agreed... I immediately thought the inner lights looked like a helix for sure... DNA, perhaps.........

I don't know I agree for certain that the glass ITSELF is a helix, though... might be... but also looks almost like two bulbous sections as well on both sides of the center, metal support section..

Agreed... I immediately thought the inner lights looked like a helix for sure... DNA, perhaps.........

I don't know I agree for certain that the glass ITSELF is a helix, though... might be... but also looks almost like two bulbous sections as well on both sides of the center, metal support section..
If I recall correctly the glass is a tube and just the innards are a helix.

If I recall correctly the glass is a tube and just the innards are a helix.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Too bad it's not just a straight tube, though... despite the glass not being helical it is still sort of bulbous on the sides and narrow in the middle.... makes things a bit more difficult!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Too bad it's not just a straight tube, though... despite the glass not being helical it is still sort of bulbous on the sides and narrow in the middle.... makes things a bit more difficult!
Oh yes I see it now. I thought it was straight as well. Just go to a local glass blowers shop :X

Oh yes I see it now. I thought it was straight as well. Just go to a local glass blowers shop :X

Man wouldn't that be awesome to include some real glass on there??? Trying to make this as accurate as possible but keep costs down. I'll come up with something that works, though...

Man wouldn't that be awesome to include some real glass on there??? Trying to make this as accurate as possible but keep costs down. I'll come up with something that works, though...
I think the easiest would be do an acrylic print, but printing acrylic is expensive too

Yes USConcept, you're right Doggie shouldn't be reading this. I also mentioned the batteries but didn't want to say too much.

I'm in Germany so had the luck to go and see it in english last Sunday.

I'll be happy with some warm christmas lights wrapped in a clear tube. However if you want to get really crazy I think they rotate in the movie.

Anyway, go watch the movie and come back and tell us the plan !!!

Awesome movie by the way. Groot pretty much stole the show I thought. Hot Toys are going to sell a truckload of these.

I think the easiest would be do an acrylic print, but printing acrylic is expensive too

Yeah, 3D modeloing it wouldn't be hard, but printing in clear isn't inesxpensive. Like I said... I'll come up with something:)

Please add me :wave

Sloth love Chunk?

Everything. OK! I’ll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog…When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out…But the worst thing I ever done — I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa — and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life. . . :)

How did I miss this? Looks amazing so far, I'm definitely interested.

How did I miss this? Looks amazing so far, I'm definitely interested.
Got you down

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yes USConcept, you're right Doggie shouldn't be reading this. I also mentioned the batteries but didn't want to say too much.

I'm in Germany so had the luck to go and see it in english last Sunday.

I'll be happy with some warm christmas lights wrapped in a clear tube. However if you want to get really crazy I think they rotate in the movie.

Anyway, go watch the movie and come back and tell us the plan !!!

Awesome movie by the way. Groot pretty much stole the show I thought. Hot Toys are going to sell a truckload of these.
Just saw your post...will be seeing the movie Wednesday!

I can almost guarantee no rotating, haha, but the look will be accurate, I promise[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back