DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator CALLING FOR FINAL PAYMENTS

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator project

Ok, ok, ok, I saw the movie, finally! NOW I get it:clap.

I cannot WAIT to get this thing made. Exciting news, as well... I just got an email that the 3D printer I ordered MONTHS ago is on it's way!!!! My detonator will be the FIRST model I print! This will help me prototype SO much faster than using the online services like Shapeways. Don't get me wrong, I love Shapeways, but being able to set the printer and have a prototype to check size, shape, etc. quickly, will be awesome. CANNOT WAIT:yess:

Awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Knowing you, it'll be great. :)

I cannot WAIT to get this thing made. Exciting news, as well... I just got an email that the 3D printer I ordered MONTHS ago is on it's way!!!! My detonator will be the FIRST model I print! This will help me prototype SO much faster than using the online services like Shapeways. Don't get me wrong, I love Shapeways, but being able to set the printer and have a prototype to check size, shape, etc. quickly, will be awesome. CANNOT WAIT:yess:

Seen movie : tick in the box
Now understand what batteries they are : tick in the box
3D printer on the way : big tick in the box !!

Now we're cookin !

Can I ask what 3D printer you went for? I have been looking at a new one for myself :)

Can I ask what 3D printer you went for? I have been looking at a new one for myself :)

Sure thing... I got the Original Pruse i3 MK2. It's a crazy weird name, I know, and not a hugely known one like Ultimaker, Makerbot, FormLabs, etc. However it is close to the highest rated 3D printer out there I could find (I did a TON of researche before buying, as I always do). It is an FDM printer, which isn't capable of some of the crazy details and fine finishes of something like the FormLabs or commercial 3D printers that online services like Shapeways uses, but it was also less than 1:4 the cost of something like the form labs (and tens of times less than commercial printers), and for my needs such as rapid prorotyping and whatnot, it was a perfect place to jump in.

A link if you want to check it out... https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/59-original-prusa-i3-mk2-kit.html

Thank you. Very kind :duff

I have more photos of it if needed for reference.

I have more photos of it if needed for reference.

YES PLEASE. I have found a lot of good photos but even in just watching the movie I noticed a few details that I couldn't see from photos alone.

I'm in on this, add me to the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got you down!

Last edited:

Alright, I'll get them loaded here a bit later. :)

Got the pictures from Buffy and found a few more. 3D printer is to be delivered next Tuesday or Wednesday, after which I will have to put it together. Hope to work out a test print of the model shortly thereafter:clap

SgF57op.png

RWlLo7s.png

Wb7VARu.png

yvuJoiV.png

Definitely interested! Any chance of a
Spoiler Spoiler:

PRINTER IS HERE

4kd4JYs.jpg

Awesome !! Am very interested in how this all works out. Also just for the printer results themselves. Cool stuff !!

Reviews look positive ! Good choice Dog !

This is going to take awhile....
620649663a6f90a0dcebf996f6272680.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

When did Ikea start selling 3d printers? :x

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Haha[emoji1]

I had the option of buying it assembled or as a kit. I chose the kit so I could learn more about it while assembling it myself.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back