DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator CALLING FOR FINAL PAYMENTS

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator project

I watched a review on it. The coolest bit is that they 3d print the orange bits for new 3d printers !! Self replicating machines... Where have I seen that before ?? [emoji2]

I watched a review on it. The coolest bit is that they 3d print the orange bits for new 3d printers !! Self replicating machines... Where have I seen that before ?? [emoji2]
Printer is assembled and working!

Unfortunately I have a wedding to attend today but I hope to print the detonator tonight or tomorrow. The model isn't really finished yet but I want to do a test putting to feel out the size a bit.
546075c57205fa2be6cfef0aac1b153a.jpg
faf088ab7a34fd74117788714943bf2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Awesome !! Looking the goods Doggie !!

Really looking forward to first detonators rolling off the printer. May need a prototype or two I guess ??

Awesome !! Looking the goods Doggie !!

Really looking forward to first detonators rolling off the printer. May need a prototype or two I guess ??
Oh yes. I'm so excited about the printer because now I will have prototypes in hours instead of days or weeks. Will be really helpful to make changes quickly.

Detonator is printing!
305af9aa4e3c42db61a2d74c5234f1ac.jpg

Too cool for school !!

20 hours 49 minutes print time. This was a BEAST for my machine's first major print. And boy did it handle it like a champ. I am THRILLED with the look, and it's not even completed. You can see holes and openings in the model that I put there for additional stuff. like the countdown clock, buttons, etc. But man, I am just floored with it. Let me know what you all think!

un50k8q.jpg

miYWYsJ.jpg

KXBvWO9.jpg

Fq6g770.jpg

KlEltEp.jpg

20 hours 49 minutes print time. This was a BEAST for my machine's first major print. And boy did it handle it like a champ. I am THRILLED with the look, and it's not even completed. You can see holes and openings in the model that I put there for additional stuff. like the countdown clock, buttons, etc. But man, I am just floored with it. Let me know what you all think!

un50k8q.jpg

miYWYsJ.jpg

KXBvWO9.jpg

Fq6g770.jpg

KlEltEp.jpg
So exciting

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Re: DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator project UPDATE 5/22 FIRST PROTOTYPE

That is so neat! It looks like it's coming along really well!

Re: DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator project UPDATE 5/22 FIRST PROTOTYPE

Looks great so far

Thanks everyone. I think the size is pretty spot on. I'll be working on figuring out electronics, the buttons, etc. now.

I will also probably model the batteries so I have something to mold in clear resin for the front.

That is incredible! Well done, and its very cool to see some of the process of it being printed.

Yeah go Doggie !! That looks great. It's bigger than I expected, but I guess we're talking 1:1.

Thanks guys!

Yeah go Doggie !! That looks great. It's bigger than I expected, but I guess we're talking 1:1.

Yes, it's larger since it's life size. I based the size off the picture if baby Groot running away with it. He is supposed to be about 10 inches tall. Doing some simple measuring and ratios I came up with a size of 6.75 inches long for the detonator. Then I just based everything else off photos and such.

Yeah no argument from me. "Life" size still doesn't mean much to me as Groot, detonators etc all aren't real :rotfl

I'll need to watch that trailer again.

Looks awesome! How do you like the Prusa? I've had my eye on one for a while. I'd love to know your thoughts/review.

Looks awesome! How do you like the Prusa? I've had my eye on one for a while. I'd love to know your thoughts/review.

The Prusa is awesome. I ordered the kit and so had to assemble it myself. It took about 5 hours or so but it was quite fun to put together. The scariest part is making sure everything is level, square, etc.

The best part about the machine is it has an awesome auto calibration process. Luckily I out mine together well from the get go and it passed the auto calibration first try, but if it didn't, it would tell you exactly what is wrong and what to do.

Being an FDM type printer it has its limitations, but it has performed like a champ so far. I only printed two small objects before I did this...so it's 3rd print ever was a 20 hour monster and the print is almost flawless.

You aren't going to print pristine, paintable head sculpts with it that will look anything like some of the stuff on this board, but it really is great for prototyping and quickly getting your ideas into reality. And if you use it to print more "machined" looking stuff, like I do, it is amazing. I mean, I think I could paint this print with NO pre finishing work and it would look great.

You can definitely see the individual layers but they are minimal. A little finishing work and it'd be smooth as can be. Also, this was printed with 150 micron layers, when it can go down to 50, I believe. And so at 150, which is pretty big by most detail standards, it looks great. I'm interested in trying a print at a lower micron layer, though it drastically increases print time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is awesome ! So you can sand paper the layers away pretty well I assume.

Getting closer to this !

PAvqGAd.jpg

Back