DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator CALLING FOR FINAL PAYMENTS

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator project UPDATE 5/22 FIRST PROTOTYPE

Any idea on a price point yet?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I don't really have anything at the moment. I always try to find a good balance and make things as reasonable as possible taking into account the materials it takes, time, etc.

From the beginning I was hoping to keep the price point under $200. I didn't want people to feel they are buying a whole other figure with regards to price, ya know? Whether I can keep that goal remains to be seen until I have the first final unit and I add up costs.

This is by far the single most involved custom I have done and so it takes a lot of time and work. But every step along the way I've tried to make it as easy to reproduce as possible.

Once I have everything finalized I ann going to take a picture of all the various pieces and parts to make one unit. There are SOOOOO many, haha.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Re: DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON: Baby Groot detonator project UPDATE 5/22 FIRST PROTOTYPE

Totally, to be honest the prop market will totally have an interest in this too.

Totally, to be honest the prop market will totally have an interest in this too.

Yeah I kind of figured that as well.

Yeah I kind of figured that as well.

When you're ready you should post to the rpf if you don't want a limited run. I will share this around too when it's time

When you're ready you should post to the rpf if you don't want a limited run. I will share this around too when it's time

Sounds good. I've posted a few things over there before.

This is by far the single most involved custom I have done and so it takes a lot of time and work.

You're welcome :rotfl :rotfl

You're welcome :rotfl :rotfl

Seriously though, THANK YOU! This has been an absolute BLAST. Not only the most involved but the most fun one to do as well:duff.

Seriously though, THANK YOU! This has been an absolute BLAST. Not only the most involved but the most fun one to do as well:duff.

:hi5:

Amazing work

Amazing work

Thanks for the kind words:hi5:.

I will pose this questions again as no one really responded before... but I know the button furthest from the digital clock is cracked in the film, however I cannot find any good pictures of this. Does anyone have a picture of said cracked button?

A second question; would you guys prefer BOTH buttons to light up? I think in the film they both light up I just can't 100% remember. Thanks, guys, I'm getting close to a completed prototype here!

Light or no light looks great I'll be #1 on the list !!! Lol

Awesome, thank you for the support! Though ANXI0S may want to have a word about that #1 spot:rotfl

I am just copy/pasting my questions here in case the post count turnover made it less visible to people...

I will pose this questions again as no one really responded before... but I know the button furthest from the digital clock is cracked in the film, however I cannot find any good pictures of this. Does anyone have a picture of said cracked button?

A second question; would you guys prefer BOTH buttons to light up? I think in the film they both light up I just can't 100% remember. Thanks, guys, I'm getting close to a completed prototype here!

And finally a third question; my plan all along was to have this battery operated. Is that sufficient for everyone? In the previous images I posted I have it hard wired just for testing purposes. I left it on for like 5 hours though and it was just awesome sitting over there. Even battery powered LEDs last a long time but of course hard wiring is able to be kept on much longer. Thoughts on this?

How about this?

button.jpg

I think batteries are fine.

Yes I think batteries are also fine. A cable is unsightly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Movie must be out on bluray soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I found a great image of Baby Groot at his exact life-sized measurements, and it looks like the detonator is sized just right! I can't wait to get the prototype finished so I can start molding and making them for you guys!

Went ahead and got more accurate tubing for over the digital display...
9abcad94dd5a29c3669598dbf5ecc492.jpg
73ba0ce4ea9fe8f6a1c39f9c41c44ba7.jpg

Back