[IDM Customs] The Lone Ranger 1/6 Scale Figure (Tonto Head Sculpt Page 11)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Classic Lone Ranger Sculpt Photos (Page 1)

Qbomb, thanks for the link! He does some great stuff, but I see that he's backlogged for 3 months! :( I think I'll try and make my own. Just put in an order with Battlegeartoys for their pistols and some shells to try and make my own custom holster.

AlanJG1 - Yeah, I think a Van Williams Hornet would be fun to do. I might tackle him after I finish some of my commissions and clear the workbench. Trying to find some good references might be tough though!

Do you plan to do tonto to go with him?

Some quick updates - Finally finished the molding on The Lone Ranger's hat and mask. This one was tough because I really wanted to make his mask as thin as it can possibly go, but still retain the nice shape of the face. I didn't want to resort to making a cloth or leather mask if I had a choice. My persistence paid off and the sculpt and initial casting came out really well. The mask is ultra-thin and measuring in at just barely over a millimeter. I casted both the hat and mask in the same material and tinted it with color. Check out the pics below. I'll try and get these painted up and then it's on to the costuming!

ranger4.jpg

ranger3.jpg

ranger5.jpg

ranger6.jpg

Re: Classic Lone Ranger (Head, Hat and Mask Casted)

Looking good..........

Wow, that's great. Please add me on the list. Thanks

Finally! My custom Lone Ranger is starting to wrap up. I finished painting up the head, finished painting and assembling the mask and hat. Got the boots and his crazy gun holster all done. His holster contains 13 separate parts to the pattern, 108 metal studs, 3 buckles, 2 eyelets, and over 12 hours worth of work to assemble each holster. Not fun is what all that means.

Jen is finishing the outfit and she made a really nice duster coat that looks super awesome on him. I'm doing the final weathering for some photos and will get final prices on everything. Many of the bits like his guns, boots and shells, etc. had to be purchased from Battlegear Toys.

ranger7.jpg

ranger8.jpg

ranger9.jpg

ranger11.jpg

ranger10.jpg

Finally! My custom Lone Ranger is starting to wrap up. I finished painting up the head, finished painting and assembling the mask and hat. Got the boots and his crazy gun holster all done. His holster contains 13 separate parts to the pattern, 108 metal studs, 3 buckles, 2 eyelets, and over 12 hours worth of work to assemble each holster. Not fun is what all that means.

Jen is finishing the outfit and she made a really nice duster coat that looks super awesome on him. I'm doing the final weathering for some photos and will get final prices on everything. Many of the bits like his guns, boots and shells, etc. had to be purchased from Battlegear Toys.

ranger7.jpg

ranger8.jpg

ranger9.jpg

ranger11.jpg

ranger10.jpg

That looks really great.:clap

Re: Classic Lone Ranger (Painted Sculpt, Boots and Holster Update)

Damn, that's nice, man! Just out of curiosity, what would the price tag be on a project like this (because, honestly, it looks fantastic)?

Thanks guys!!!

batfan08, I'm not quite sure yet since we keep trying to add new bits to him. I have to calculate the cost of buying all the parts and we should have a final number very soon.

John

I gotcha. Yeah, I loved the Dynamite comic (still buy it, even though I'm a few years behind:lol), and this seems to reflect that version quite a bit. Not sure about anything, yet, but I'll definitely be keeping a watchful eye on this thread.

Very interested, please keep us up to date.

Still very interested as well. Will look forward for more images and information.

Awesome work all around... great sculpt/paint and the leather pieces are astounding!

Quick question; what are you using to make the studs on the belts and holster? I need something like that for a project I'm working on.

Awesome work all around... great sculpt/paint and the leather pieces are astounding!

Quick question; what are you using to make the studs on the belts and holster? I need something like that for a project I'm working on.

https://www.rhinestonesonline.co.uk/hot-fix-nailheads-matt-silver-nailheads-c-33_76.html

https://www.rhinestonesonline.co.uk/hot-fix-nailheads-silver-nailheads-c-33_36.html

So what you're saying is. . .Lone Ranger is a rhinestone cowboy?

[ame]https://youtu.be/-p8wDhK5LyY[/ame]

lone ranger was my favorite growing up. loving the work on this!

Thanks guys! I'll have some final pics very soon. I'm just weathering him up a bit and waiting for the metal spurs to come in to photo him up.

Elvis, thanks for that link! I've been looking for those rhinestone type studs forever! You're a savior!

By the way, would anyone want a Tanto? Gwyneth mentioned it and since working on the Ranger, I've had tons of ideas on how to pull off Tanto.

I'm thinking of doing a varied realistic take on him. I plan to do a sculpt with real hair and using the ACI Christian body. The skintone is fairly dark so it would work perfectly for a Native Indian. It wouldn't be anything from the TV show or comics, etc. but a varied realistic version to go with the Ranger. I'll probably do one up anyways, but wanted your guys thoughts. Some of the old designs are kind of dated. :p

Back